• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Discussion of Future Medals Expansions

MJ Artisan of War

Being in Iron Age and having already placed every medals expansion the game offers I am curious if the other players would like to see medals expansions past the 1.1 million medals level or not? Also, does our player base think that such an expansion increase would/should include a new larger city map?

Before You DNS and lock this thread my dear Agent please understand it is not a suggestion... No poll required... It is an attempt at fostering an actual Forum Discussion on the pros or cons of adding more medals based expansions.

Thanks to All for Your comments and ideas in advance.

Vger

I think it would be really, really cool if Inno could keep the Wiki up to date when new expansions are added. Otherwise, we all have to rely on the Wiki we can't even name.

The Wiki we can name states:
Currently, there are 32 medal expansions.

Then it goes ahead and lists 35 medal (victory) expansions, last one costing 870,000.

Any chance Inno could try to keep the Wiki up to date? Or drop the restriction that we can't mention the wiki that can't be named, but is up to date?
Some players might want to know that there are 37 of these available, last one costing 1.1M.

Agent327

Before You DNS and lock this thread my dear Agent please understand it is not a suggestion... No poll required... It is an attempt at fostering an actual Forum Discussion on the pros or cons of adding more medals based expansions.

I feel it an honour you think I am the only mod here, but I think I know the difference between an idea and a discussion, so no worries.

RazorbackPirate

But medals expansions are available to all ages... What does a new age have to do with it?
Inno releases new Victory Expansions with each age. Yes, oce released any player with enough medals can place it, but it's release is tied to an age. If memory serves, we got two Expansions with VF, two with SAM, and one for SAAB, The expectation is only one expansion again with SAV, but we don't know yet.

DeletedUser

I am in OF and have 36 expansion tiles left so would be for an expanded city map. I look forward to the new expansions in each new Era and its a big incentive to move up when space gets a little tight. My victory expansions are long gone however and medals are only GE tokens now. If Inno sees a need for expansions past 1.1 then heck yes !

UBERhelp1

I think we will see a city map expansion in the near future, if Inno wants to keep pushing the game forward, but we'll just have to see.

In terms of medal expansions coming with each era, the reason for this is to slow down the size of the city. Until the city grid is expanded, we are currently running very close to the maximum city sizes. To add a bunch of medal expansions to fill out the rest of the grid means no more tech, cMap, or diamond expansions for future ages once they come out. Instead, Inno releases the medal expansion shortly before a new age is released so that players in those ages effectively get another expansion when the new age comes out. It just happens that all players can access that extra one.

RazorbackPirate

I think we will see a city map expansion in the near future, if Inno wants to keep pushing the game forward, but we'll just have to see.
I do as well. I think that's partly what drove the most recent background update. One of the first things I did was look to see if, where, and how many additional spots they could open and there are some. I've got a long way to go before I max out my grid. I've place all the medal expansions, but I have a lot more map and ages to go before I'm close to getting all of the expansions available.

UBERhelp1

I do as well. I think that's partly what drove the most recent background update. One of the first things I did was look to see if, where, and how many additional spots they could open and there are some. I've got a long way to go before I max out my grid. I've place all the medal expansions, but I have a lot more map and ages to go before I'm close to getting all of the expansions available.
In all honesty, I was expecting them to increase the grid size at the same time as the background update, and I'm a little disappointed that they didn't. I think they are preparing to do so, especially with moving all the off-grid buildings (except AF+ ones) to the very top of the map, instead of being more spread out than before.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

With the current map, after all victory and diamond expansions we have 10 sets of tiles still locked. We get one to two from the tech tree, victory, and diamonds respectively, so at the current rate we won't be able to unlock them all in SAV or SAJ (probably not in SAJ).

Expletive Deleted

I've been wondering about an expansion of the existing limits. It's unlikely that we will get all of the final 10 expansions left in SaV cause 10 in an age is significant. 2 from the map / diamonds /medals/ tech would mean we've got a solid chance at reaching 8 of the 10. Which puts SaJ in a weird spot of only having 2 potential spots left.

I know it's been mentioned several times in the past and denied for good reason, but if they do plan on expanding the area where we can place these expansions, I would like to see a one-off opportunity to lift and replace previously existing expansions in accordance with the new field. At least for those who have reached the limits of the current area. As a different play area would likely have altered many of our choices.