• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Discussion of the Friend Invites dilema

DeletedUser33297

I know a variety of solutions have been proposed for this. All have failed to my knowledge. I would like to create a discussion of the pros and cons of any alternative, all in a single thread. I will admit I didnt read any of the other proposals, since they weren't any good, or at least not good enough to be considered. My intent to is try and gather the best intel from the regulars here, to maybe come up with a solution that may be viable. INNO is a tough nut to crack, but I have seen some very good people here, with very good ideas.

I'll go first, but remember, I didnt read the other proposals, I didnt want to weed thru all the stuff that prolly didnt interest me. For that I apologize in advance.

What if we could send an umlimited amount of invites, and they could/would be accepted on a first come, first served basis. If an invite was sent and wasnt accepted by the time the sender had maxed out his/her quota, then it would sit for a period of time, and then expire. This would allow me to delete the slackers weekly, like I tend to do, and still have invites pending, should those people choose to use them. INNO would still control the amount of friends we could have, but we wouldn't feel so helpless becuase we couldn't send any more invites.

Appreciate any and all constructive feedback, along with any of your own ideas on how this issue should be resolved.
Thanks

DeletedUser26965

Doesn't seem like a horrible idea, I can see someone raising the issue of spam to some degree but something needs to be done. The biggest issue as I see it is connecting those who are out of invites with those who have invites that are looking for friends. There's currently no efficient way of facilitating that process. The closest thing Inno has is their friend finder which is gawd awful. You could use the global chat but I have gone days and days doing that and not get a single invite a lot due to the fact mobile doesn't have chat. Another big issue are inactives, you can't really go to global rank and start inviting people, well you could but who knows if they're even playing anymore, pffft, c'mon inno good grief.

My idea was to create some sort of meeting hall where the people who are out of invites can post their name, your name would stay up until you take it down, or become full of friends or become inactive(say after 30 days of inactivity). And the players who have invites can go there and invite those players.

DeletedUser33297

Doesn't seem like a horrible idea,.
I appreciate that...I think...lol

My idea was to create some sort of meeting hall where the people who are out of invites can post their name, your name would stay up until you take it down, or become full of friends or become inactive(say after 30 days of inactivity). And the players who have invites can go there and invite those players.

That also has some merit. I think what INNO wants, or would be more likely to consider, is a simple, easy solution, which translates into "It dont cost us a lot." Editing existing code is prolly more condusive to this principal than writing new code.

Great first step Joe...thank you for your contribution.

DeletedUser33297

I would like to add that I think most proposals only consider what the person proposing it, wants. Meaning they dont take into acct what it takes for the game devs to implement those wants. If looked at from both sides, I do think a competent, intelligent solution can be proposed. We just need to figure out what that is. ;)

DeletedUser26965

I would like to add that I think most proposals only consider what the person proposing it, wants. Meaning they dont take into acct what it takes for the game devs to implement those wants. If looked at from both sides, I do think a competent, intelligent solution can be proposed. We just need to figure out what that is. ;)
I wouldn't concern yourself too much with that, players bring the ideas, devs and management figure out if it's feasible. I actually just recently got into that aspect over on Beta with Zarok Dai, who is an EXCELLENT IG employee I must say (ty for all you do Zarok!), here Create trades all but the guild can see, in the end all they want is good thoughtful reasoning and points to send to Inno about a change like this Create trades all but the guild can see, oh and support from the player base as well, not just one feller, well except if it's me of course.

DeletedUser13736

I do agree that the friend invitation limit needs to be changed in some degree. I've played since 2014 and it's always been the rule that you can only invite 80 people, but you can have up to 140 friends. I don't understand why that rule was implemented in the first place. Any idea that could solve this issue in a clear and concise manner would get my vote (and perhaps many others).

DeletedUser33297

It seems to be the most solvable issue, IMO. As I understand it, if I send out 80 invites and only 50 people accept, I still dont have any invites remaining. Unaccepted invites are counted against me, and thats just wrong.

DeletedUser13736

It seems to be the most solvable issue, IMO. As I understand it, if I send out 80 invites and only 50 people accept, I still dont have any invites remaining. Unaccepted invites are counted against me, and thats just wrong.
By unacepted invites, do you mean invites that are still active just not accepted yet? Or do you mean invites that people have declined already?

DeletedUser33297

Invites that arent addressed, so I guess not declined. Another issue is that I cant tell who I invited and who invited me. I need an invite, I check my event history and remove 10 non active people, and I still dont have any invites. Be nice to know exactly WHO I could remove to gain an invite.

DeletedUser13736

That has happened to me before too! Unless there's another issue that I don't know about, an easy solution would be to just allow players to have and invite up to 140 players. After the 140 cap is reached, the player cannot accept or send any friend invitations. If an invite is not accepted by the time a player reaches 140 friends, that invite is rendered unacceptable. The usual message of "That player cannot have any more friends" would do.

But again, There may be an issue that I don't know about, preventing abuse or something like that.

DeletedUser33297

Thats pretty close to what I suggested. Its not rocket science. The issue affects every player. Hopefully we can come up with a viable proposal, submit it, and see what the feedback is. Maybe they will give us that info we lack, at that time.

Arya66

Invites that arent addressed, so I guess not declined. Another issue is that I cant tell who I invited and who invited me. I need an invite, I check my event history and remove 10 non active people, and I still dont have any invites. Be nice to know exactly WHO I could remove to gain an invite.

I don't believe it works that way.. I THINK you can Invite til you have 80 - doesn't matter HOW you got the friends, 80 is cap. After that, you can only accept til you hit 140.

If this is not correct, please let me know!

DeletedUser33297

Thank you Arya66. I think half our problem will be determining exactly how the system DOES work. Appreciate your input.

DeletedUser

Be nice to know exactly WHO I could remove to gain an invite.
I don't believe it works that way.. I THINK you can Invite til you have 80 - doesn't matter HOW you got the friends, 80 is cap. After that, you can only accept til you hit 140.
Thank you Arya66. I think half our problem will be determining exactly how the system DOES work. Appreciate your input.
The system works as Arya66 said. You can invite until you have 80 friends. Once you hit 80, you can't invite again until/unless your friends list dips under 80 again. You can still accept invites up to 140 total friends. (If full, your list will number up to 141, but that is including you in the count.)

DeletedUser33297

So if I have 120 friends, I would have to remove at least 41 to regain an invite? That process is even dumber that I thought it was. Thanks Stephen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33297

Still seems ridiculous to me, but thats why we are having the discussion. :rolleyes: Thanks Ozy.

DeletedUser24719

The simple solution is to allow everyone 140 Invites/Accepts. Then there is no guessing about who u invited or who invited u if u need to reduce the friends list for whatever reason. Unless there is something I am missing I see no way to abuse this as the total number of friends still remains at 140