• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

DNSL Proposals

Freshmeboy

I'll be blunt. I had never encountered a forum so vicious in all my gaming experience when I arrived some years back...I wish it hadn't taken that long to bring an understanding that community is important to the survival of a forum..otherwise it becomes an old snakes' club with everybody hissing and spewing venom. I believe Mr. Longshanks is doing an excellent job and while I commiserate with Sal about missed snark opportunities, its a small price to pay to know I can encourage other players to come to the forum without fear they will be chopped to bits and blended well with sarcasm, taunts and insults...

Salsuero

...that doesn’t give anyone the right to mock someone.

Perhaps not, but my country's Constitution does give me that explicit right. Granted, this forum isn't the US. The game isn't even hosted in the US. And the forums can have whatever "rules" they wish... but let's not talk about "rights". My values and your values may not be the same. That being said... meh. You do what you think is "right" for you. I can handle myself all on my own.

Salsuero

I can encourage other players to come to the forum without fear they will be chopped to bits and blended well with sarcasm, taunts and insults.

I don't worry about this. Anyone I would invite to the forum should read the pinned posts before proposing something. If they don't, but they are reasonably humble and inquisitive, I wouldn't be tearing them apart for doing so. I'm being very specific about the kinds of posts I'd like to react to. The suggestion that all proposals are made equally, even when against the pinned "rules" of the forum, is not accurate to my half-joking non-proposal. I simply wish to give those that are here to start sh*t with other players and/or the game at large a fair rebuttal in kind. This isn't a real proposal. This is just me saying... there's a lot of one-sided trash thrown in our direction that I'd like a chance to pick up and throw back at the litterbug. Not really suggesting anything beyond that. Not suggesting everyone who makes a "bad" proposal be greeted with terror. I think @Stephen Longshanks understands my point, for the most part... but I think many are confusing my thoughts to mean that vitriol should be spewed at any and every newcomer who fails to follow minimal directions. Don't confuse the intent behind my words.