• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

DNSL update/removal needed

Algona

As predicted.

Quote?

If you mean this, you missed it.

Now we will go to the point again where he brings up the subject, does not like the answers and will start deleting posts, cause they question a moderator's actions. With ofcourse the statement that we can always contact a CM.

Tough prediction. You keep doing the same thing. Intentionally break a forum rule. A mod does exactly what their bosses tell them to do as stated in the forum rules. Then you whine about the forum rule being enforced, again breaking forum rules and again the mods do exactly what they are supposed to do.

I am missing one part of this though. Can you explain the logic behind thinking that you intentionally breaking forum rules entitles you to complain about the forum rules being enforced that you intentionally broke?

Despite months of practice doing this, you blew the prediction part. SL didn't threaten to delete posts as predicted, SL is gonna close the thread. All within the forum rules.

Don't forget to add that possibility to the script the next time you rerun this play.

Last edited:

Agent327

I am missing one part of this though. Can you explain the logic behind thinking that you intentionally breaking forum rules entitles you to complain about the forum rules being enforced that you intentionally broke?

I am missing one part of this though. Can you explain the logic behind him making this about him and then start using his mod powers to end it if he does not like the answers?

Do you see any other mod having a problem with the subject?

Algona

I am missing one part of this though.

Don;t see how you could be missing much. You've performed this exact same melodrama so many times, you have to know the script by heart. I mean, you even wrote the darned thing.

Sure, SL surprised you going off your script but you should just stick to your canned responses, you're lousy at improvisation. You demonstrate that every time you try to copy another poster's vernacular.

Let me help you get back on script: you should be castigating me for my blind support of the mods and the rules of the forum.

And.... Action!

Emberguard

Agent, just let it go.

I think this specific needs a redo: makes the game easier.get rid of that or modify it to make it less strict i think would be good.
Agreed that one would be the “weakest link” on the list as if you took it literally you’d have to only make proposals that make the game harder. That being said it’s up to each servers mods to decide whether that rule is worth having and how to interpret it.

DeletedUser

Don't see any other forum mod taking it personal.
Well, since I am the mod who is mainly responsible for the Proposals section, it's pretty clear who you're attacking personally. Now, you talk like you don't like your posts being deleted. I have a simple solution to that: Stick to the topic and away from personal attacks. Easy Peasy.

Runlittleman

Still wish the GvG text box would be fixed, understand no GvG changes but think that should be limited larger structural changes, rather than a new player quality of life thing such as fixing the way a text box is worded.

Algona

items should be specific or removed.

Makes perfect sense, I'll buy into this. So let's take a look.

Heh.

Aside from the first item on the Dnsl, every item is specific.

INNO should replace the first item with a list of list every possible specific item that would fit in that broad category.

I like the idea of a Dnsl with hundreds of entries, a list so long that by the time I get to the last I've forgotten the first. (Yes, SC, I know I forgot the tags.)

Last edited:

- KQ -

Let me briefly address the interpretation point brought up by both @Graviton and @RazorbackPirate. And I will preface my remarks by saying that I am not perfect, nor claim to be, and the same applies to the other moderators. I think all would agree that it is many times a judgement call on whether the DNSL strictly applies or not. First you have to make a judgement on what exactly the proposal entails, and then make a judgement on whether one or more of the DNSL items covers it in whole or in part. I wish it were always clear and agreed on by everyone, but that's not the real world. So, a large part of the job of a moderator is to make judgement calls, whether it's the DNSL or whether it's posts or other content that has been reported.

I'm trying to choose my words very carefully here. I get that a lot of this is a judgment call to shut it down based on the DNSL. But a lot of times there are things that are proposed that may merit further discussion and could perhaps be moved to the Forge Hall. It might be that good ideas would come from further discussion. Sometimes the discussion brings up work arounds or other useful ideas. Too often, I wonder where the discussion might have gone if allowed to continue. Yes, I know, often down the rabbit hole, but lots of ideas need time and energy to develop.

I also can't imagine how much time moderating this forum takes, but sometimes it would be nice to have a brief reason for why the moderator locking the thread thinks it's a violation of the DNSL.

Lots of ideas that have been deemed as DNSL in the past have since become part of the game. The ability to rearrange your city and the ability to enter the number of forge points when donating to a Great Building come to mind. They definitely made the game easier.

DeletedUser

I also can't imagine how much time moderating this forum takes, but sometimes it would be nice to have a brief reason for why the moderator locking the thread thinks it's a violation of the DNSL.
I provide a link to the list, and if players message me about why I closed the thread I always take the time to try to explain to them.
Lots of ideas that have been deemed as DNSL in the past have since become part of the game. The ability to rearrange your city and the ability to enter the number of forge points when donating to a Great Building come to mind. They definitely made the game easier.
The DNSL isn't about what the developers may or may not do, it's about what may or may not be proposed. There's a difference.