• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Do open dead end techs count for event quests?

Agent327

Today's quest is to finish a tech, or donate x goods. For me these quests always autocompleted, but not anymore. Only techs open for me are dead end techs, but that has been so for years. They never were an issue before, but seem to be now. Has this been changed?

Graviton

Today's quest is to finish a tech, or donate x goods. For me these quests always autocompleted, but not anymore. Only techs open for me are dead end techs, but that has been so for years. They never were an issue before, but seem to be now. Has this been changed?

I just used the Multi-story House to complete that in three of my cities. I never completed it since it cost diamonds but now that it doesn't I took advantage of it. That's what those dead-end techs are for.

DeletedUser

If they didn't count before then you have been the beneficiary of a glitch. Every tech counts, dead end or not.

Agent327

If they didn't count before then you have been the beneficiary of a glitch. Every tech counts, dead end or not.

Most of the dead end techs in my tree are not completed. Still I never had to complete one when a quest to research a tech came up. Quest 37 in the Archaeology event completed right away. Explanation I get from Support is that it does not autocomplete because there are still two dead end techs open from my current era (SAM). To me this does not make sene, cause I have been in this situation before. If it is a glitch I can hardly have been the only one that profitted from is, so are there more players that experienced this?

Godly Luke

Most of the dead end techs in my tree are not completed. Still I never had to complete one when a quest to research a tech came up. Quest 37 in the Archaeology event completed right away. Explanation I get from Support is that it does not autocomplete because there are still two dead end techs open from my current era (SAM). To me this does not make sene, cause I have been in this situation before. If it is a glitch I can hardly have been the only one that profitted from is, so are there more players that experienced this?
yes, worked earlier in the quest line (if I remember correctly) and in arch and all previous events, but not today

DeletedUser38613

I just used the Multi-story House to complete that in three of my cities. I never completed it since it cost diamonds but now that it doesn't I took advantage of it. That's what those dead-end techs are for.
I feel really bad for the guys in the past that had to pay diamonds for those houses. They totally nerfed the price and now only us newbies can reap the benefits lol.
I also have to do this but its for Hasdrubaal Barkas and unskippable. Thank goodness I never unlocked MS House. Now that it's cheap, I'll use that to complete the mandatory quest

Emberguard

EMA tech. Multi story house is no longer diamond bought

Ok that sucks. In that case I have no idea

DeletedUser32558

yes, I too have tech what are not needed for game progression so now you cant use smart tactics and leave useless weight behind... not good but maybe Im completing all dedend tech once to get rid them... I saw it as chance do smart thing with game.

Godly Luke

So let me get this straight? All dead end techs in the entire tech tree have to be completed so the quest auto-completes?

Agent327

It changed in beta a while a ago, if you have dead end techs they need to be completed now.

Thanks, that's the only thing that makes sense. So nice they told us and Support knows about this.

So let me get this straight? All dead end techs in the entire tech tree have to be completed so the quest auto-completes?

No, only one needs to be completed, but it means it will be a long toime for it aotocompletes again and you have to waste fp's on useless techs.

BruteForceAttack

Thanks, that's the only thing that makes sense. So nice they told us and Support knows about this.

No, only one needs to be completed, but it means it will be a long toime for it aotocompletes again and you have to waste fp's on useless techs.

Now you know why multistory houses don't require diamonds :)