• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do something about Rogue armies

• Thread starter DeletedUser37869
  • Start date

DeletedUser37869

I think there is an abuse in the game. And that is the use of Rogue armies, 7 Rogues and one other valid unit. There is no defense that I have found that can be made to defend a home city against these armies. The defending army will attack the Rogues first and has to kill these units twice because they transform into the other unit when killed. The rogue now has all the stats of the other unit and then counter attacks with its new attack value. The defending units now have to kill the rogue with its new defense value a second time. This generally does not happen as the attack defense of the other unit tends to be high so the attacking army defeats the your defending army EVERY SINGLE TIME in my experience. There needs to be something that can be done to defend against the Rogue army, either a counter-rogue unit or maybe a way to change how your defending army defends such has saying 'Attack Rogues Last". I have lost a lot of interest in the game because high ranking players in my current neighborhood like to attack probably every other member of the neighborhood with these Rogue armies for no other reason then that they can, IMHO.

Bruadhin

A better solution is to strengthen your defense. Get more Watchfires and Ritual Flames, build the two GBs that give defensive stats, and make sure you have 8 current age units in your defensive army.

Because even if Rogues were attacked last, they could still destroy an army. Now they would get to rush in, hit with a very high attack strength, and if there is retaliation, they shrug it off and turn into another unit. If there is no retaliation, then they are still a Rogue and free to run rampant through the army until it is destroyed or turned into another unit.

Graviton

First bit of advice: stop caring whether your defensive army wins or loses. The real issue with most new players is being plundered, and the best advice for that is to collect your productions on time so there's nothing to steal.

The 1 unit + 7 rogues attacking army that you describe is a staple of the game and hopefully it's going nowhere. When you get enough rogues to attack with that configuration you'll be happy about it.

Algona

k there is an abuse in the game

Welcome to the forum.

Nothing that is within the rules of the game can be abuse.

Everybody can acquire Rogues, anyone can be attacked by Rogues.

There is no defense that I have found that can be made to defend a home city against these armies.

You're wrong, but that's not the real problem. Who cares if your city defense gets beat?

Is the real problem you're getting plundered?

I completely understand your frustration with that. We all had to go through the phase where hoodies tear through our defense no matter what we try and then take our production.

So what can you do to stop plundering?

I guarantee you that if you go to the Questions forum and ask how to mitigate plundering without using words like abuse, unfair, bullying, you will get responses that will help you.
Of course some folk may give other responses, just ignore that.

Good luck.

RazorbackPirate

I think there is an abuse in the game. And that is the use of Rogue armies, 7 Rogues and one other valid unit. There is no defense that I have found that can be made to defend a home city against these armies. The defending army will attack the Rogues first and has to kill these units twice because they transform into the other unit when killed. The rogue now has all the stats of the other unit and then counter attacks with its new attack value. The defending units now have to kill the rogue with its new defense value a second time. This generally does not happen as the attack defense of the other unit tends to be high so the attacking army defeats the your defending army EVERY SINGLE TIME in my experience. There needs to be something that can be done to defend against the Rogue army, either a counter-rogue unit or maybe a way to change how your defending army defends such has saying 'Attack Rogues Last". I have lost a lot of interest in the game because high ranking players in my current neighborhood like to attack probably every other member of the neighborhood with these Rogue armies for no other reason then that they can, IMHO.
First, welcome to the forum. I understand your issue, but in reality, you're going through growing pains. Now that you've figured out how Rogues work, you understand why they're so valuable, and why we use them.
A better solution is to strengthen your defense. Get more Watchfires and Ritual Flames, build the two GBs that give defensive stats, and make sure you have 8 current age units in your defensive army.
While this is an okay solution if your ego's being bruised, but an even better solution is to not worry about it. As long as you're not getting plundered, who cares that they attack you and win? Unless they plunder you, you're completely unaffected by their win.

The point of the game is to overcome whatever challenges the game presents. This is one of them. Instead of complaining about getting attacked by high ranked players in your hood, become a high ranked player in your hood. Stop advancing in tech, build and level the fighting GBs, get some Rogue Hideouts and learn to fight yourself.

You're new so, let me put things in perspective for you. My HMA city is a few days shy of 1 year old. I have 1.125 million points (been a bit of a slacker), #2 in my hood, and have a level 11 Zues, level 10 CoA, and level 11 CdM. With a few special buildings added to the mix, this gives my attacking army a 111% attack and 92% defense boost (again, a bit of a slacker). Not sure what your stats are, but it sounds like no where close to mine. Biggest difference between us? Time playing and building up my city.

This game is a marathon of years, not a sprint of months. Only you can decide if you're up for this type of game. Quit to find a game closer to your liking if you must, but don't ask for this game to be changed into that game, whatever that game might be.

Again, welcome to the forum. Stick around. Read the historical threads. You'll find most topics have been thoroughly dissected. Read the various guides. They'll help you understand the nuances of the game and provide you a wealth of information on how to succeed. In FoE, there's nothing to win but event buildings, no place to get to but the last age released. It's all about the journey. So just kick back, relax, get strong, and enjoy your journey through the ages. In a game that takes ages to journey through.:)

Last edited:

Bruadhin

While this is an okay solution if your ego's being bruised, but an even better solution is to not worry about it. As long as you're not getting plundered, who cares that they attack you and win? Unless they plunder you, you're completely unaffected by their win.

True, I assumed he was being plundered. Otherwise, who cares that someone defeated your army, it has no impact upon you.

Agent327

Great explanation on how rogues work. Only a few know that.

I wonder why no one ever brought this up before.

DeletedUser37765

Yeah, I use that army somtimes but I run out of rogues often.

DeletedUser15539

OK, so you've run across something unpleasant and you can't immediately deal with it. You have two options:
1. You can try to get the rules changed to suit you, or
2. You can figure out how to work within the current system, and adapt your actions accordingly.
These options apply both to real life and also to FOE. It is my belief that following the first option is a sure path to failure.
I'm in Contemporary. In the current neighborhood the #1 ranked player has Future units. There's nothing I can do about that militarily. But instead of complaining, I resolved to collect on time. Yesterday real life got in the way and he plundered me for one fp. The world didn't end, and it's no cause to make all of you hear me whine about it.

Emberguard

If you have your tavern fully built up and are regularly collecting from it you can activate a 3 day shield on the particularly bad weeks if you find yourself unable to collect on time / don't have a unplunderable city

Bruadhin

If you have your tavern fully built up and are regularly collecting from it you can activate a 3 day shield on the particularly bad weeks if you find yourself unable to collect on time / don't have a unplunderable city

Which brings up another point? What is with players not upgrading their tavern?

Bruadhin

Most don't like the concept.

They enjoy intentionally making the game harder than it has to be and they hate free FPs?

And its not like you are required to collect as soon as it is full. You won't get full advantage, but you still benefit from it.

DeletedUser36624

Well, if they were brought in by the ads, they probably think it is the Sims: Flintstones to the Jetsons. Which is why I didn't play for so long, because I didn't want to play Sims Through the Ages.

Bruadhin

Well, if they were brought in by the ads, they probably think it is the Sims: Flintstones to the Jetsons. Which is why I didn't play for so long, because I didn't want to play Sims Through the Ages.

Yeah, for the longest time it just didn't interest me. But then I saw an ad over the summer and thought why not, so I downloaded it to my phone and I have been playing ever since.

mamboking053

It does suck, but aside from avoiding being plundered by collecting your goods you can watch the replay. It's actually teaching you how to do the same thing when you get strong enough. You can learn a lot by watching how some players go about attacking. It will help you in the GE battles where you will be up against similar AI.