• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Graphics] Do You Need A Forum Signature.........?

• Thread starter DeletedUser33297
  • Start date

DeletedUser33297

I see all of the signature makers are not around any more, not sure why, but I am very versed in Photoshop and Illustrator and would be happy to create something for you forum folks. I have made 100's and 100's custom signatures over the last 15 yrs. Drop me a message or start a conversation, we'll see what happens.

Sample

YLNE05v.png

DNUS2Z9.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32348

I really love the signature aspect of this forum. I try to change it whenever I feel bored to make my spirits high.

DeletedUser33297

I can see why the other artists closed up shop...there doesn't seem to be any demand here. Not surprising since from what I can tell, people usually hit and run, looking for the answer to a single issue. I think I have identified the usual suspects....lol...Those with the best answers, advice, and a good scolding if needed. :p
Most signatures are just a image that you like. Some have usernames on them, and some are far more complicated, taking hours to create.
Thanks for checking in Royal....at least I got 1 reply. :D

DeletedUser33297

@Royal....I can do animated signatures. I just need some info first. Hit me up.

@Fresh...I'm not going anywhere. I'm retired and got nothing but time. :D

DeletedUser32348

@TrinkOne Like what info?
and which website u use for hosting ur images?

DeletedUser33297

@RoyalAdnan
Well most animated signatures consist of a short clip of a video segment a user likes. The clip can be from a movie, music video, cartoon, etc. Ive done clips from Deadpool, Game of Thrones, etc. Sometimes I'm just given a theme and I try and find something approproate.
Lets say you have a fav movie and/or part. I grab the video, remove that part I need, shrink it down in size and number of frames. A GIF is just a small number of frames ( I try and keep them under 100), but I have done some around 400 frames, which is about all my Photoshop can handle with 36 GBs of RAM.

Once we have the clip we import it into PS as a movie, so we can play it while we are completing the other items we intend to add. I usually pick out something that enhances the main theme, posiyion it so the movie can still be seen, add a border and your name, and then fix the time rate, the length of time each frame is shown. This is critical to a GIF because it doesnt play at the same frame rate that the original movie it was taken from.

Also, file size is critical as well, because video can gobble up a lot of storage space. A signature needs to be small enough to fall under the maximum file size allowed by the file hosting sites. This can be the hardest part at times. I try and use the minimum number of high quality frames to get the job doan.

This might sound like a lot of work, but yrs of practice have made it pretty straight forward for me. Like tying your shoes. Its hard when you start, not so much when your 20. :)

I have a number of sites I use, but Imgur is my main site right now. Here's a tip....You can right click on any image in the forum and select copy image address and paste that somewhere to see a users host site for that image.

I hope that answers those questions Adnan. Let me know if you wish to move forward.
******************************************************************************************************************

DeletedUser32348

I grab the video, remove that part I need, shrink it down in size and number of frames
which software do u use for that?
file size is critical as well, because video can gobble up a lot of storage space.
i've tried making some GIFs in the past. but not that successful.
i used to it make animation for my project dint want to waste the whole time rendering and moving the cameras.
but i'm no pro like u. just lower than amateur level :p

does smaller dimensions (W x H pixels) give lower sized GIF?
or is it the frame counts that makes the size of the GIF?

and i must admit those GIFs are great work.;)

DeletedUser33297

@RoyalAdnan
Every thing is a factor. I need to create new layers in PS to add the elements, and they add size. Those 3 videos above are in order. 3MBs, 11MBs and 16MBs. Those are huge file sizes for something that needs to be loaded every time its on a screen. Some websites wont host file sizes over 10MBs.

I use all Adobe software for the most part. I do extract video with other stuff, it depends on the format of the video I am working with. Quicktime is used to import a video clip to layers in PS. Then I can export it as a GIF from there. PS also allows me to play it while I am working on it, so I can check for errors. With 80+ frames, if 1 is messed up, it'll skip while playing.

"i've tried making some GIFs in the past. but not that successful."

It's a trial and error thing and I had to do 100's before I could say I know what I a doing. Like anything else, practice, practice, practice. ;)
Thank you for the compliment.

DeletedUser32348

3MBs, 11MBs and 16MBs. Those are huge file sizes for something that needs to be loaded every time its on a screen.
Man that's huge. . i was wondering why the 2nd and 3rd image loaded slowly.
I'll stick to the Pictures for now. .
and may i ask where do u host these images? in which website?

my signature is combination of 3 images done by 3 different artists stitched into 1.
got it from Deviantart.com
and i hosted them on tinypic.com.

DeletedUser33297

" i was wondering why the 2nd and 3rd image loaded slowly"
that is a combination of many factors as well.....browser choice, internet provider/speed, etc.

"my signature is combination of 3 images done by 3 different artists stitched into 1"
If you did that, you did very well. You have to crawl before you can walk.

I think I told you I use Imgur...
https://imgur.com/

I have been a member at deviantart for over 8 yrs. ;)

DeletedUser32348

i got an idea. . its so crude. .
dont have any sort of images.

its a small landscape mode gif
in the game when i fight i mostly use 1 Real + 7 Rogue combination
so the GIF is set in a rainy day. . .
1st frame - Real unit is standing alone
2nd frame - 7 Shadows (silhouette) in rain behind the real unit
3rd frame - 7 Rogues (male and female combination; no faces; all hooded just like in the game) fades in / comes out slowly in rain
4th frame - 1 Real + 7 Rogues fully visible (all unique characters; male and body shape outlines just to say male and female)
5th frame - lightning flash
6th frame - they all turn into the real unit
7th frame - lightning goes back to normal

DeletedUser33297

If you are suggesting this might be something I can do for you, there are a few things wrong with that.

1. 7 frames wont create a passable GIF....remember, its a motion graphic. A typical frame on a GIF stays visible for about .2 secs, 5 frames per second, so you would have to change that to something like say 2 - 3 secs per frame, just so you could assimilate what you are seeing.
2. Everything you mentioned is static, meaning there is no movement. It would be difficult to understand what was meant from 1 frame to the next.
3. Each of those frames would have to be drawn by someone...lol
I might be capable of doing that, but I wouldnt want to.

DeletedUser

I feel I should point out this section of the Forum rules:

"Images

- Maximum size images you are allowed to post are 640 by 640 pixels in dimension.
- No animated images are allowed."

DeletedUser32348

Everything you mentioned is static, meaning there is no movement. It would be difficult to understand what was meant from 1 frame to the next
imagine it as a motion picture. all units are stationary. rain is continuous.
when they just fade in, lower the amount of rain to see. (idk how to explain that; its a mental picture)
Each of those frames would have to be drawn by someone...lol
I might be capable of doing that, but I wouldn't want to.
u can paste the characters from any game or character designs your wish.
ah if you're concerned about the Rogue Hood as in the game. ignore it.

I hope u get a mental picture what i meant. . .
ignore it. . .

I feel I should point out this section of the Forum rules:

"Images

- Maximum size images you are allowed to post are 640 by 640 pixels in dimension.
- No animated images are allowed."
Those are meant for the images that are posted inside the message and not for the signature.
and i think when they meant animated, I'm guessing its Flash content as u see in other websites.

if u scroll down Forum Rules,
u can find this
Signatures and Avatars

- Signatures must be a maximum of 140 pixels high, and 700 pixels wide. This also includes any lines of text added to the side or underneath the signature.
- They both must comply with all other rules.
- They may not be animated