• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Does anyone here have any favorite TV shows?

DeletedUser19807

American Dad is good, Family Guy too. Rick and Morty is really funny, you should try Black Dynamite

DeletedUser22273

Peaky Blinders on Netflix was pretty good. The Unbreakable Kimmi Schmidt as well.
The Venture Brothers and Bob's Burgers are also quite enjoyable.
For Joss Whedon fans: If you haven't seen Dr. Horrible, put it on your to-do list.

ahsay

Having a favorite TV show tells all you need a life and easily manipulated.

Look at the English major, sitting at the dock, waiting for their plane to arrive.

You might want to take a look at what constitutes Television today before shooting your mouth off. The competition for content is creating amazing work. Kevin Spacey, Jane Fonda, Morgan Freeman are some of the names you may recognize on TV right now but the list of Directors, Writers and creative people of all types that is flocking to television is truly amazing and has been growing for, I'd guess, over a decade now.

What's even more amazing then the incredible talent TV is attracting is the amount of variety that is available. Docu-drama, science fiction, comedy, cooking shows, home improvement, childrens educational, documentaries, drama's, series...the list is mind boggling endless.

My favorites...Master Chef, Suits, NCIS, The Good Wife, Person of Interest, Shark Tank, Restaurant Impossible, Walking Dead, Talking Dead, Antiques Road Show, I'm glad I don't have any pay channels...I'm sure I'd never be able to keep up.

NGW just had a special on...T-Rex autopsy. I sell fossils for a living. A, full scale, resin replica of a T-Rex skull costs between $8000 to $12000...not the real thing but a replica. It took 6 months and over 10,000 man hours to make this full scale replica T-Rex. Let me help you with the math; if the 'craftsmen/artists' that put this creature together got paid a pitiful $10 an hour...that's over $100,000 in only labor costs. You haven't even paid for the materials, designs, tools, actors, camera men, food for the crew...um are you getting the picture? What's the payoff...hopefully a lot but I suspect they barely broke even.

I love being manipulated like this. Insofar as needing a life...guilty but in your case...responding negatively to those that love free entertainment is not exactly what Oprah (Black woman who made her biggest mark in television...often considered the most powerful woman in the world) has in mind when she thinks of a life fulfilled; what's your excuse?

DeletedUser

In response to 1pep: You do not have to watch TV all day to have a favorite TV show, or even shows.

Answering the original question, some TV shows I like are: Star Trek in all its forms, Farscape, Arrow, Flash, The A-Team, BBC Robin Hood, Hercules, Xena Warrior Princess, Alias, Blacklist, Quantum Leap, and The Lone Ranger (Which to be honest I haven't seen in forever, but I still love it).

Oh yeah, and Supergirl.

DeletedUser8420

Shows...hummm...ok...through the years and via computer youtube.

Scorpion, NCIS, used to like Blacklist but has gotten too violent, Big Bang Theory, Bible A.D.
Buffy Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Angel, A-Team, The Avengers, Secret Agent Man, Man from U.N.C.L.E, Hogan's Heroes, Carol Burnett Show (check out Tim Conway telling the elephant story), Dick van Dyke Show, Laugh In, Garrison Guerillas, Law and Order, X-files, Golden Girls, Frasier, Married With Children, Walker Texas Ranger, 3rd Rock from the Sun, The King of Queens, Star Trek, Mash, Happy Days, LIttle House on the Prairie. Miami Vice, Hart to Hart and MacGyver.

That is pretty rounded so to speak. Most of them you can watch via Youtube.

DeletedUser8420

I could have added a few more but it already sounds like I do nothing but watch TV ...lol....actually now a days I only watch via computer, don't even have a TV plugged in and certainly no cable ties. You tube, I can watch what when and from whatever era I want, really nice.

DeletedUser

OMG, I totally forgot Hogan's Heroes! And Firefly! I love Firefly!

DeletedUser8420

I have recently re-watched all 6 seasons of Hogan's Heroes....loved the episode when Carter was stuck in the German Army while still a POW..he had to run back and forth between the German Command and the stalag. hilarious

DeletedUser23123

Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers. 2 Top. Suits, Burn Notice(sad it ended), White Collars, Walking Dead and Bonanza.

Hey, 1pep. Pull my finger.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23123

Anime of all types
Oh Yeah. Cowboy Bebop. Pretty cool. Some others too. Can't remember. Been awhile. Something like Robot Police Force. And the one with a battle ship in space. That look like a Sail Ship. PBS's Red Dwarf and Dr Who. Even the New Dr Who.

DeletedUser21021

Netflix: Sense 8, Marvel's Daredevil, Marvel's Jessica Jones
Archived to DVD or the Cloud (somewhere): Babylon 5

DeletedUser24459

Anyone else like Big Bang Theory?
Absolutely! IMHO funniest show on TV.

Also Supernatural, NCIS and Ghosthunters.

And then there is Expedition Unknown. Josh Gates is always good for a laugh or two.

And there is also Star Trek. All of them.

DeletedUser23123

Anyone else like Big Bang Theory?
Did and probably still do. Got burn out on it from the constant rerun on tbs. Same for NCIS, Angel, and Bones. Love those show when it started. Watch it everyday on USA. Burn out. Waiting to get Netflix back on and watch them all over again. Without the play back repeat. Still going to get them on DvD.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25904

[QUOTE="shrekgreen, post:and Dr Who. Even the New Dr Who.[/QUOTE]
I can't believe it took this long for Doctor Who to show up, it is the best!