• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Double age jump, what happened to combat ability?

Recently after an extended period in the EMA, I did a double age jump to the LMA, spending all of a few minutes in the HMA. This was done on a Thursday at the start of the GBG season. For one season, combat was glorious, I was able to hit attrition 50+ with LMA troops against EMA troops in the GBG, this season however my combat ability seems greatly reduced from where I expected it to be.

In the EMA I had attack/defense of approx. 150/200 and could fight to attrition level 35 or so before suffering large troop losses.

After aging up to the LMA I placed many decos/buildings I was waiting to place until after aging up to save reno kits and now have approx. attack/defense of 300/300 and despite having an almost doubling of combat bonuses, now I'm only able to fight to attrition 25 or so before I start having the same losses I had at attrition 35 in the EMA. At this point my troops still have more than double the bonuses of the troops I'm fighting against, but often times I get totally wiped out or lose half or more of my troops.

My expectations were that almost doubling my combat bonuses should have allowed me to fight to at least attrition level 40, but I'm barely able to hit about half of that and have lost large amounts of rewards in the GBG due to being able to fight to much less attrition.

Usually I use 1 troop with 7 rogues on autobattle the same as in the EMA, chosen by what troops I'm fighting against.

Is it possible that the double age jump has in some way messed up how the game is calculating bonuses in the GBG? This is not only happening in the GBG however, in GE I suffer massive troop losses when fighting with 300/300 against troops with only around 100/100 near the end of level 4.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Is it possible that the double age jump has in some way messed up how the game is calculating bonuses in the GBG? This is not only happening in the GBG however, in GE I suffer massive troop losses when fighting with 300/300 against troops with only around 100/100 near the end of level 4.
No, your troops are now fighting LMA troops instead of EMA troops, and LMA troops are much stronger, thus you take more damage quicker and can't fight to as high of an attrition rate. 150/200 isn't really very high for GBG battling, so won't help you out much, 300/300 is better, but still at the low end of where you'd want to be.

wolfhoundtoo

You should start battle normally (without autobattling) then switch to autobattling and watch the fight. It might explain what's going wrong.

Depending on the age and troop, you need to be careful about using 1 real troop and 7 rogues as your rogues might not turn fast enough for you to be doing damage to the enemy. Range and movement can make a big difference. It's been awhile since LMA but I recall that mobility and range matter a lot to the battles.

CommanderCool1234

At this point my troops still have more than double the bonuses of the troops I'm fighting against, but often times I get totally wiped out or lose half or more of my troops.
That's interesting because I am also in LMA and I only have 200/120 attack and I can go to attrition 25 and will lose about half or slightly more of my troops with auto battle. I would think with your 300/300 you would be able to do a lot more than me.

That's interesting because I am also in LMA and I only have 200/120 attack and I can go to attrition 25 and will lose about half or slightly more of my troops with auto battle. I would think with your 300/300 you would be able to do a lot more than me.

This is precisely what I was looking for. If there was a game bug, and it seems there may be based on this post at least, how would I get a tech to look at the stored game data to make sure nothing is wrong, if such a thing is even possible?

Is there anyone else in the LMA? What are your combat bonuses, and how high attrition can you hit in the GBG before starting to experience large losses?

Agent327

This is precisely what I was looking for. If there was a game bug, and it seems there may be based on this post at least, how would I get a tech to look at the stored game data to make sure nothing is wrong, if such a thing is even possible?

There is no game bug.

Is there anyone else in the LMA? What are your combat bonuses, and how high attrition can you hit in the GBG before starting to experience large losses?

Even if there were 10 players in LMA responding it would not mean a thing. Combat bonusses is only part of the picture.

wolfhoundtoo

You want better advice then you need to give us specifics. As you battle note down the enemy troops, their boosts and the units that you utilized. Troop type plays a large role in the losses you take.

DevaCat

Troop type is key. My go-to LMA army is 1 imperial guard, 1 great sword warrior, and 6 rogues. Against mixed unit enemy armies this serves me well. Against all arty, I would shift to fast units which, finally, in LMA are durable enough to do the job. I don't get the no love for LMA fighting lol, it's much better than the prior two ages. So, my LMA city has 239/178 currently, which is not that great. But it lets me fight against enemy troops having 100% boost -- granted I lose one or two in the process. I don't think there is any game problem, I think it's just that we have not gotten our cities built up enough. :)

Edit: I should say that is based on manual fights. Auto could/would be different.

CommanderCool1234

Troop type is key. My go-to LMA army is 1 imperial guard, 1 great sword warrior, and 6 rogues. Against mixed unit enemy armies this serves me well. Against all arty, I would shift to fast units which, finally, in LMA are durable enough to do the job. I don't get the no love for LMA fighting lol, it's much better than the prior two ages. So, my LMA city has 239/178 currently, which is not that great. But it lets me fight against enemy troops having 100% boost -- granted I lose one or two in the process. I don't think there is any game problem, I think it's just that we have not gotten our cities built up enough. :)

Edit: I should say that is based on manual fights. Auto could/would be different.
I usually use 2 great sword warriors and that has worked well for me, I also do use Imperial guards as my back up. I agree with you, I don't understand why people don't like LMA troops, they are much better than HMA or EMA troops especially if you have a traz so you can mass produce them.