• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

double dipping

Freshmeboy

You collect from your GB, then put in the last fps to level it...Then collect again. Some advice: DON'T leave the GB ONE fp away from leveling...other players, through ignorance of GB etiquette or wishing to pass another player, will level it for you. It's your GB, be the manager. Make sure there are no players who can level you by passing another or no outsider can take a reward spot by leveling you. This applies only to those GBs that return daily goods, supplies, gold, etc. And if someone does level your GB, accidently or not, DON'T get upset...it's just a game and you have a hundred + levels to go...Good luck

DeletedUser34848

I do not understand. How do you collect from your GB before it is leveled? Collect what? Maybe if you give a specific example I could understand.

DeletedUser34848

I have read this numerous times. I just do not understand how this “double dipping” works.

DeletedUser

As an example, let's take the Tower of Babel. It produces goods. When you collect those goods, it starts another 24 hour production cycle. If, when you collect from it, you can then immediately put the remaining FP on it to level it, it will immediately be ready to collect from again at the higher level rate. So what you have done is: Collect. Level. Collect. All within a couple of minutes at most. Thus "double-dipping".

Mustapha00

This is not exactly on topic, but I'll risk the opprobrium and post here anyway.

I recently built a Dynamic Tower and prepared myself to double dip taking it from level 1 to level 2. When I did so, I could swear that it added only two additional "goods for Aiding" rather than the...18 (I think) I was expecting. That is, I was able to receive a good for Aiding 16 times when the DT was level 1 but only twice more when I took it to level 2 immediately afterwards rather than the 18 times I was expecting. I've never run into a situation like this before; if my CdM gives 6fp per collection at one level and I level it so that it yields 7fp per collection, I receive the full 7fp upon the second collection, not merely the 1fp difference between the two CdM levels.

Am I hallucinating? Or is this true of the DT (and, if it is true, which other GBs)?

DeletedUser32669

This is not exactly on topic, but I'll risk the opprobrium and post here anyway.

I recently built a Dynamic Tower and prepared myself to double dip taking it from level 1 to level 2. When I did so, I could swear that it added only two additional "goods for Aiding" rather than the...18 (I think) I was expecting. That is, I was able to receive a good for Aiding 16 times when the DT was level 1 but only twice more when I took it to level 2 immediately afterwards rather than the 18 times I was expecting. I've never run into a situation like this before; if my CdM gives 6fp per collection at one level and I level it so that it yields 7fp per collection, I receive the full 7fp upon the second collection, not merely the 1fp difference between the two CdM levels.

Am I hallucinating? Or is this true of the DT (and, if it is true, which other GBs)?
GBs that provide a useable boost just reset your boost count upon collection. For example, the Lighthouse of Alexandria gives 40 supply multiplier boosts. If you use up 25 of them in a day, then collect from LoA again, you don't get the 15 you had left over and the new 40, you only get the new 40. Same thing happens with the DT.

So, while it's a little bit of a pain, the way to double dip with a DT is to collect, go aid the number of people you need to, then level and collect, and then aid another set of people using the fresh set of boosts.

DeletedUser31592

To double dip with a DT, you need to collect, aid, add FPs, collect, aid more people. If you didn't aid before you added the FPs, you cheated yourself the double dip.

JoeTheShmoe

BTW, it is not really an extra dip. All that happens is this: you collect every 24 hours. And, when you level you collect and the 24 hour clock resets.

So it is a waste to level anytime "soon before" the existing 24 hour clock runs out.

But for example if the clock reset 2 hours ago, why wait 22 hours to level? No benefit at all.

Graviton

Congrats on the necro, but it is a double-dip. Collecting 2 hours after 'reset' doesn't accomplish it. You collect when production is ready, level immediately, and then collect again. The 24 hour clock stays the same, within a few seconds, and you got two collections.

Glaun

BTW, it is not really an extra dip. All that happens is this: you collect every 24 hours
I agree with JoeTheShmoe (above). I never understood why folks think they are beating the game and getting more in a 24 hour period by double dipping. Never mind explaining your theory of how double dipping works, I don't want to be confused by the facts.

DeletedUser29838

I agree with JoeTheShmoe (above). I never understood why folks think they are beating the game and getting more in a 24 hour period by double dipping. Never mind explaining your theory of how double dipping works, I don't want to be confused by the facts.
How many years have you been playing?

Why have a DT though?? At this point, it’s cheaper just to buy the goods over leveling your DT with your FPs .. just a thought