• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Draft---Guide to the Antiques Dealer---Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinnerGR

AntiquesDealer.png

Introduction to the Antiques Dealer

This is a draft and work in process. Critiques welcome .
The Antiques Dealer, often abbreviated to A.D. or just AD, is a building that sits on the outskirts of your city where you can sell unwanted items and buy new ones. This feature was released in the summer of 2019 and has been of great use to many players. Once the technology of Economics has been researched in the Early Middle Ages, many unwanted inventory items can be sold. This guide will explain what to sell and for how long as different amounts of time spent bartering give different amounts of trade coins and gems.
The Antiques Dealer Currency

As mentioned in the previous paragraph, there are two currencies in the Antiques Dealer, trade coins and gemstones. They can be acquired by selling items to the Antiques Dealer and diamonds ( 500 trade coins for 100 diamonds ,4,000 trade coins for 700 diamonds and 12,000 trade coins for 1995 diamonds)as you will see in the next paragraph. Once acquired they can be used to buy items in the other window of the AD . Next to all the stuff you can buy you will see an auction section where players can bid for items without using gemstones.
Bartering

You may access the Antiques Dealer by clicking the building to the left of your city that look like this:
AntDealerInCity.png
Once opened, it will look like this:
AntShop.png
Click on the "Magic Hand" symbol to open the bartering window. Try and use the longest possible time every time but if you have lodes of items you want to sell then do it via the highest price . You can easily find out which one has the highest price by clicking on the + sign and all your items that are not locked and are able to sell will appear in order of price.Items that can not be sold are fragments , E.G. 7 fragments of a wishing well shrink kit.to lock an item simply go into the inventory a click the padlock and select what you want to lock .It is also possible to reach the AD through the inventory by clicking the magic hand simple on the items.You start with on slot ; then next slot will be unlocked after additional 10, 50, 150 and 400 sold items.To boost the outcome of TC by 20% and gemstones by 80% you can pay some diamonds.It costs 1 diamond for every 100 TC and 3 diamonds for every gemstone.If there is a variable amount of gemstones from selling an item then the highest possible amount will be used. E.G. The item in question will give you 3-5 diamonds for 2 hours , that means you would be charged for 5 gemstones.You can also end the barter instantly for diamonds
Buying from the AD

When in buying in the AD make sure that you are going to keep it for a while .So an example of something that is not worth it is the palm tree or nutcracker which when available in the AD are a rip off and not long lasting due to the need to keep on changing the layout of your city. Some players make the mistake of buying these useless happiness tokens for quests .You should never buy happiness buildings or need them. Your city should provide that for you unless you rushed the tech tree and left your city undeveloped and messy. GB will provide all the happiness you need. Better to save your TC for other things Normal units,goods and FPs should only be bough if definitely needed and coins and supplies should never be bough in cities above LMA. You should never buy happiness buildings or need them. Your city should provide that for you unless you rushed the tech tree and left your city undeveloped and messy. GB will provide all the happiness you need. Better to save your TC for other things.Once you have selected the item you want to buy a conformation window will pop up and asking whether you are sure you want to buy it . There is also the option to have the window never shown again.if you click never show again and then you change your mind contact support and they will reactivate the conformation window for you.
The auction in the AD

Next to the shelves is an auction section where you can bid for items over a 2 hour period. Wait till the lat 10 seconds then enter a bid then wait till 5 seconds is left and send your bid. make sure you are paying an appropriate price for the item.Remember there are no gemstones so an item may be worth 7000 trade coins and three gemstones when sold to the AD for 24 hours but in the auction there are no gems so you should substitute each gemstones for 2000 trade coins to work out a fair price* . So the example item with three gemstones as seen above would be worth 13000 trade coins on auction.If you bid in the last 30 seconds then the time remaining resets to 30 seconds so it is unlikely that you will able to just add 1 trade coin in the last seconds.
If the price is way above the calculated fair price , it is a very valuable special building and you really want it then you can probably get away with paying 100 more TC but if it is 300 for 100 FP then you need to bid about 2300 at the least.

*based on a number of auctions done by @WinnerGR and agreed by @Captain Christian
Price Chart

This is the price chart for the most useful to know prices at the antiques dealer*. I would like to note some things:

1. For ease of typing the word "Trade Coins" has been replaced by the dollar sign ($) and the word "Gemstones" has been replaced by a C.
  2. Sections that are empty
    1. We are looking for the data
    2. We may not fill in a lot of the any time soon
  3. Sections that are filled with ---- , mean that it is N/A

ItemStarting Auction PriceSold for 2 hoursSold for 8 hoursSold for 1 dayAD Sells For
Shrine Of Knowledge----------------------------------$=6750 C=2-3$=40500 C=30
Shrine Of Knowledge Upgrade Kit$=2250 C=0$=6750 C=2-3$=40500 C=30
Art Exhibition Selection Kit
200 Forge Points$=15840 C=0-------------------------------
5 Random Blueprints-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------$=8100 C=0
Rogue----------------------------------$=2430 C=0
Rogue Den----------------------------------$=6750 C=6-9-------------------------------
Rogue Hideout----------------------------------$=4050 C=1-3$=24300 C=44
Wishing Well---------------------------------$=5940 C=1-3$=35640 C=22
Wishing Well Shrink Kit---------------------------------$=4050 C=3-6$=24300 C=44

* Based on efficiency and being an AD exclusive item.
AD exclusives

At the Antiques Dealer, it is also possible to get items that cannot be obtained in other ways in the game. These rewards are unique to the Antiques Dealer and can only be obtained in the Antiques Dealer Shop and through Auctions.The Shrine of Knowledge upgrade kit, Art Exhibition Selection kit and Art exhibition upgrade kit are the only current AD exclusives and they are both well worth saving up for. If you have lots of SoKs then getting the SoK upgrade kit will double its FP production which is really useful.The Art Exhibition is also really good as it is a 4x4 special building, that can be upgraded up to Lv. 8! On the highest level it grants you Coins and if motivated Supplies, 25 Goods and 10 Forge Points!
As it is very high on the aid priority list you can almost be certain to have it motivated.

Known issues or Changes that are going to happen

1. This guide is in the pending section​

Development History

This section lists all major updates

1. Guide Release

Last edited:

Agent327

Really????

You two jokers just don't stop, do you? Best Guide again?????

1. The Wiki gives a much better explanation than this crap
2. You get gemstones, not jems
3. The "hand" in the AD is on the right
4. Suggested time to sell items is based on nothing and totally stupid
5. Advise on buying from the AD is based on nothing and totally stupid
6. Waiting till the last 10 seconds of the auctionto bid and then put in that bid in the last 5 seconds is even beyond totally stupid. It is a fail safe way to lose the auction.
7. Not paying more than 25.000 is again totally stupid advice that is based on absolutely nothing.
8. I do not see a price chart, which probably is better
9. If you bring out a guide, no matter how bad, have the decency to use spelling control
10. Learn the game before you even start two write a guide. This is the 4th failed effort of you two jokers. You two can not write guides and most likely will never be able to do so.

Captain Christian

Really????

You two jokers just don't stop, do you? Best Guide again?????

1. The Wiki gives a much better explanation than this crap
2. You get gemstones, not jems
3. The "hand" in the AD is on the right
4. Suggested time to sell items is based on nothing and totally stupid
5. Advise on buying from the AD is based on nothing and totally stupid
6. Waiting till the last 10 seconds of the auctionto bid and then put in that bid in the last 5 seconds is even beyond totally stupid. It is a fail safe way to lose the auction.
7. Not paying more than 25.000 is again totally stupid advice that is based on absolutely nothing.
8. I do not see a price chart, which probably is better
9. If you bring out a guide, no matter how bad, have the decency to use spelling control
10. Learn the game before you even start two write a guide. This is the 4th failed effort of you two jokers. You two can not write guides and most likely will never be able to do so.
  1. Best Guides was a mistake. It will be attempted to fix this shortly.
  2. The "Wiki"may provide information, but at least a small portion of this is unreliable.
  3. A simple typographical error, I see you misspell things all the time.
  4. Again, a simple typographical error.
  5. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is advice. To every man his own game.
  6. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is advice. To every man his own game.
  7. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is advice. To every man his own game.
  8. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is advice. To every man his own game.
  9. We are in the process of writing it.
  10. It has already been run through a spell check, it just has not been fully completed.
  11. This is only the second effort, technically the third if you want to count the two efforts to produce the same guide. Either way, it is not the fourth.

Agent327

1. Best Guides was a mistake. It will be attempted to fix this shortly.
  2. The "Wiki"may provide information, but at least a small portion of this is unreliable.
  3. A simple typographical error, I see you misspell things all the time.
  4. Again, a simple typographical error.
  5. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is advice. To every man his own game.
  6. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is advice. To every man his own game.
  7. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is advice. To every man his own game.
  8. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is advice. To every man his own game.
  9. We are in the process of writing it.
  10. It has already been run through a spell check, it just has not been fully completed.
  11. This is only the second effort, technically the third if you want to count the two efforts to produce the same guide. Either way, it is not the fourth.

1. It is a returning mistake
2. The FoE Wiki is unreliable????? :p
3. I don't write guides.
4. Not knowing the difference between left and right is not a typographical error
5.6.7.8. Adivice needs to be right. People should be able to profit from it. This will harm them.
9. You always are and still post the crap as if it is finished.
10. Try to use the english spellcheck.
11. You jokers are by now record holders in trying to write guides and failing.

Once again, learn the game, before you have an attempt at trying to teach others. Anyone following this crap is screwed. All you two achieve is making total fools of yourself. AD is about the easiest part of the game and you can not even get that right.

DevaCat

How to put this kindly...

This is not yet a guide. At best it is a collection of opinions, most of them debatable, and many just wrong.

A guide is a how-to, a help to others, and care must be taken to not harm them with the information you present. This is not that.

While I admire your desire to create something of value for the community, this is not there yet. I would argue that doing a guide is much harder than successfully doing a formal proposal. A guide will attract much closer scrutiny. The facts have to be clear and correct. Opinions, if they are included at all, have to be clearly labeled as such. Newcomers will be looking for help, and what you present has to be right.

You might be better off to create a "tips" thread where you could get informed feedback from others, learn from it, and then come back to do a guide if you must. If you choose to proceed with this one, be prepared for incoming criticism. Good luck.

Agent327

While I admire your desire to create something of value for the community, this is not there yet.

It will never be there yet. They are so guide hungry that they keep spitting out one crappy version after the other. What's even worse is that they do not listen to experienced players and witgh that I do not mean me, but all others that have told them the exact same. Last thing they should do ios try to advise others. Nothing aboput their actions deserves any admiration.

You might be better off to create a "tips" thread where you could get informed feedback from others, learn from it, and then come back to do a guide if you must. If you choose to proceed with this one, be prepared for incoming criticism. Good luck.

No they will not be. For their great guide on how to fight their plan was to interview an experienced fighter. It just never happened and they posted something similar to this. A trainwreck waiting to happen.

Algona

Now I'm curious. Should I write my own AD Guide to show them how it's done?

I was kinda wondering...Do you think there is a need for such?

I don't recall a lot of posts asking questions about the AD after the initial f flurry in the Feedback thread, I'm not saying there is no need, I don't know if there is, so I'm asking.

It can't hurt to have one.

But I think you, SC, need to turn your attention to your next big job.

Editing (and by editing I mean researching, ghost writing, illustrating, organizing, editing, publishing, maintaining, sending me my royalty checks, and doing my laundry) my seminal work, "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Guide on How to Play FoE"

Coming Real Soon Now.

By Real Soon Now I mean some night when I'm really drunk (that hasn't happened in a decade) and Mrs. 'Gona won't let me come to bed (that may or may not have happened more recently.) until I sober up.

Seriously though, it cant hurt to have a Guide on the AD, but SC, let Winner and CC have their fun. They may learn something.

I'll PM you a suggestion on something I think might be more interesting.

Super Catanian

I was kinda wondering...Do you think there is a need for such?

I don't recall a lot of posts asking questions about the AD after the initial f flurry in the Feedback thread, I'm not saying there is no need, I don't know if there is, so I'm asking.

It can't hurt to have one.
Makes sense. I suggested it, not because there is a huge need for it, but because when I'm not spending my time playing on my laptop and practicing 40 hours every day,* I like being a petty jerk. A sociopath, I might be, but I'll never know.

But I think you, SC, need to turn your attention to your next big job.

Editing (and by editing I mean researching, ghost writing, illustrating, organizing, editing, publishing, maintaining, sending me my royalty checks, and doing my laundry) my seminal work, "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Guide on How to Play FoE"

Coming Real Soon Now.

By Real Soon Now I mean some night when I'm really drunk (that hasn't happened in a decade) and Mrs. 'Gona won't let me come to bed (that may or may not have happened more recently.) until I sober up.

Seriously though, it cant hurt to have a Guide on the AD, but SC, let Winner and CC have their fun. They may learn something.

I'll PM you a suggestion on something I think might be more interesting.
1587079758421.png

mamboking053

I don't mean to be harsh to the OP, but I don't think this should be moved to the guides section either. If a substantial amount of a guide has been proven wrong and/or much of the information in it is not concrete, demonstrable facts, it should be deleted so that a new person who comes to the guide section doesn't mistake it for an actual guide.

Dominator - X

I don't disagree with most of what you posted here. Just a word of caution though: When you criticize someone for spelling or grammatical errors, make sure your own spelling and grammar are impeccable.

DeletedUser

I will move this to Pending Guides, as this is short on facts and long on opinions. Figuring out how to make it look like a guide does not equate with actually making a useful guide. If it ever develops to the point it is a helpful guide, I will move it back.

WinnerGR

I will move this to Pending Guides, as this is short on facts and long on opinions. Figuring out how to make it look like a guide does not equate with actually making a useful guide. If it ever develops to the point it is a helpful guide, I will move it back.
I think I have removed all the opinions and added more facts , can it be moved back to the guides section yet .

If the answer is no then what else needs doing?

@Stephen Longshanks

Last edited:

Agent327

I don't disagree with most of what you posted here. Just a word of caution though: When you criticize someone for spelling or grammatical errors, make sure your own spelling and grammar are impeccable.

Like I said. I am not writing a guide, so I have no reason to check for typo's.

I think I have removed all the opinions and added more facts , can it be moved back to the guides section yet .

What else needs doing is that you need to give up. You have no clue what you are talking about. You are just rambling and giving poor advice.

Buying from the AD you come with this great advice

You should never buy happiness buildings or need them. Your city should provide that for you unless you rushed the tech tree and left your city undeveloped and messy. GB will provide all the happiness you need.

That's comming from the man with potted plants in his city :eek: Any idea how you would accomplish something likeyou advise and what time it takes?
You give advise on what cities above LMA should look like, but you never owned one! You have no idea what you are talking about.
Funny thing, you even say the same thing twice cause you are rambling.

Your advice on when to bid is utterly stupid. It may result in you losing the auction and you do not even know why. Your calculated fair price is a joke.

TRAINWRECK!!

WinnerGR

@Stephen Longshanks I will repeat myself:

That's comming from the man with potted plants in his city :eek: Any idea how you would accomplish something likeyou advise and what time it takes?
You give advise on what cities above LMA should look like, but you never owned one! You have no idea what you are talking about.
Funny thing, you even say the same thing twice cause you are rambling.
@UBERhelp1 wrote that and and I agree, I have the plotted plants as placeholders I do not achely need them but have nothing better to put in there place.

DeletedUser

@Stephen Longshanks I will repeat myself:

A) You have not removed all the opinions. The OP is rife with them.
B) Your grammar and punctuation, not to mention lack of capitalization and poor choice of descriptive wording make it very hard to follow what you're trying to say.
C) If I'm going to be honest, you and @Captain Christian need to find a better use of your time than trying to write guides on multiple areas of the game without proper game knowledge and research to back them up. And if you're going to persist in trying to write guides, at least pick one and stick with it to the end before starting another.

WinnerGR

Announcement

Dear viewers

We have read through your feedback and have understood your responses , so this is our response to you:

1. We will not be trying to get this guide out of the pending guides section.
  2. We will still be updating the guide frequently.
  3. We will be adding a developments history section

Thank you for reading our guide and giving your feedback , we appreciate it and hope you continue giving it.

From the guide team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.