• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Drivers

DeletedUser

Well, that study does seem a bit misleading, considering:

1) Men have more DUI violations than females, which would lead to more crashes/incidents than women. So I suppose you could say that women are SMARTER drivers than men, but I don't know if saying that women are BETTER drivers than men is the right way to go about it.

2) "Men drive more miles than women" --> More driving leads to more possible accidents, so a direct comparison can't be done.

But, not like I care either way lol

DeletedUser1862

The Mythbusters (unreliable source, but they try to have a scientific approach to their questions) have found that males are slightly better drivers in a randome pick-equal chance study, on an identicle course.

DeletedUser34

The Mythbusters (unreliable source, but they try to have a scientific approach to their questions) have found that males are slightly better drivers in a randome pick-equal chance study, on an identicle course.
Well folks, there you have it. All the studies in the world have been debunked by Mythbusters. :p

DeletedUser

But women have 100% of birth complications, even all birth-related deaths, therefore they must be worse than men at giving birth. Oh wait… what Daniel said :p

DeletedUser2785

Women are better drivers than men.

Not meaning to re-hash old ground, but define "BETTER". There are many reasons for the statistical lack of infractions by women, partially related to the fact that most officers are men. Add in the fact that women spend more time transporting the kids around, they have reasons to be more cautious.

But start MOST women in an unfamiliar area, with nothing but a map, a destination, and an unfamiliar car, and they will be walking up to every stranger trying to get directions to get home. The car would have run out of gas LOOOOOONG before they did.

Many other issues I could add here but these will do for a start.

DeletedUser3

lol, silly thread. Statistically, women get pulled over more but receive less tickets. What are we suppose to make of that?

DeletedUser1692

C'mon, hardly fair. With a map and a destination (home you imply) women only need to ask a stranger or two. And only one helpful stranger is necessary.
Besides, women live longer than men too.

DeletedUser2259

Women are better drivers than men.

As amply evidenced by Danica Patrick’s racing record whose only victory came after 6 other cars ran out of gas in front ofher :) this in spite of having the best car, the most support and the most money ever in Indy Car.
Yes women are better drivers than men. They are way better at driving men crazy.

Just an old race car drivers point of view

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2501

thanks the the invention of cell phones and text messaging, Women will NEVER AGAIN be better drivers than men.

DeletedUser2982

Nope, they might hear better but how many pro drivers are men compared to woman and how many texting while driving related accidents are woman.

DeletedUser34

Using professional drivers as a point is kinda.....well nevermind.
Most women are not professional drivers, NOT because they can't, but because it isn't a female driven industry. That is like comparing straights and gays in hospitality, and men and women in clerical/office jobs.

Men and women texting is also a misnomer at this point as everyone stupidly does it.

DeletedUser

I think the problem here is the definition of "better drivers" if the OP would care to define what a "better driver" is then we have a debate.

DeletedUser

Nope, they might hear better but how many pro drivers are men compared to woman and how many texting while driving related accidents are woman.

They haven't done that study yet, but being a recently retired trucker, I can attest to the fact that I've seen MANY more females texting while they were driving, putting on makeup, doing their hair, typing on their laptops and a few other things that I can't mention here, while they were behind the wheel of a moving vehicle...