• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser29218

I'm thinking of getting chateau to 9 and then working on STm and see if I don't balance it out before needing to do CF10. I want my gold output to be higher than supplies until I can catch up, then I might level LoA up a bit more to bring balance back.

Don't do that. I'll edit tomorrow with the reasons.

DeletedUser31440

No problem. I'm working on CF 7 for the 105% and that will give me 11 goods. Mind posting the edit at the end of the thread to as a quote so I don't have to search for it? :D <3

You'll still get 10 at level 7, hits 11 at 8 stays there for 9, jumps to 13 at 10 and then it's every 4 levels from there to give another good.

DeletedUser29218

No problem. I'm working on CF 7 for the 105% and that will give me 11 goods. Mind posting the edit at the end of the thread to as a quote so I don't have to search for it? :D <3

Basically, investing points in StM and LoA (especially LoA) has very little return in FP. StM should be kept at a lvl where the ROI is acceptable and allows you to make packs of 25k coins comfortably.
Do not worry about balacing coins and supply production because eventually you'll get enough SSWs/SoKs. I don't think the effect of cashing the UBQs earlier is strong enough to justify "overleveling" StM.

Fun fact: I built both GBs muuuch later than I should have because in my analysis I only considered no GBs vs lvl 10 GBs, and the increased amount of RQs wasn't worth the FP investment to reach 10.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33149

Ran some over-simplified simulations

FoEnoCF.png FoECF.png

It seems your SoK's and SSW's make all the difference in the world! They essentially double dip because you get RQ from the coin collection and gold would otherwise be the only limiting factor for the UBQs (for this reason without SOKs and SSWs LOA doesnt seem to make much sense either).

Obviously the more RQ's you could do the more the balance shifts in favor of the CF because of the greatly increased feedback efficiency.

As expected the difference in goods is quite large, might indeed be a problem for GE.

DeletedUser32824

Basically, investing points in StM and LoA (especially LoA) has very little return in FP. StM should be kept at a lvl where the ROI is acceptable and allows you to make packs of 25k coins comfortably.
Do not worry about balacing coins and supply production because eventually you'll get enough SSWs/SoKs. I don't think the effect of cashing the UBQs earlier is strong enough to justify "overleveling" StM.

Fun fact: I built both GBs muuuch later than I should have because in my analysis I only considered no GBs vs lvl 10 GBs, and the increased amount of RQs wasn't worth the FP investment to reach 10.
I think maybe leveling CF and STM to 7 might be the sweet spot for me. I’m already halfway to 7 or else I might say 6 is a good spot for CF. I think I’ll just leave my LOA at 4 for now. Maybe try for a cape after all of those are where I want them.

DeletedUser27184

I negotiated through all of GE3 and 4 last week and got like 250 diamonds, like 50+ FPs and a couple store building/one ups from idols.
GE is really worth the effort. Tons of diamond, FP's and the lucky TF here and there.
But do try to finish it through fight and not negotiating. With the right combination of GB's and RH you can do ALL GE1-4 with ZERO resources (goods/supply/gold et cet).
To finish the GE through fight, you need to level the attack GB's and the Traz and get the RH. In the low ages it is really easy, as you can do all GE4 in HMA with 20-40% attack for example. CA can be done with around 40-60% and ME with 70-90% attack bonus.
If you park your city over time, you can press forward on the continent map and get a futuristic troops. With those you can pwn the GE.
Negotiating GE4 is HIGHLY costly. It is still worth it, of course, but as time pass along, try to get deeper and deeper into GE through fight, until you don't need to negotiate any more.

DeletedUser27184

Maybe try for a cape after all of those are where I want them.
I think that Cape is not worth at the start. It is just a sink of FP.
After you get the Arc to high level, you should then build and level the Cape to high levels as well. At that stage it does start to be very FP efficient.

DeletedUser32824

GE is really worth the effort. Tons of diamond, FP's and the lucky TF here and there.
But do try to finish it through fight and not negotiating. With the right combination of GB's and RH you can do ALL GE1-4 with ZERO resources (goods/supply/gold et cet).
To finish the GE through fight, you need to level the attack GB's and the Traz and get the RH. In the low ages it is really easy, as you can do all GE4 in HMA with 20-40% attack for example. CA can be done with around 40-60% and ME with 70-90% attack bonus.
If you park your city over time, you can press forward on the continent map and get a futuristic troops. With those you can pwn the GE.
Negotiating GE4 is HIGHLY costly. It is still worth it, of course, but as time pass along, try to get deeper and deeper into GE through fight, until you don't need to negotiate any more.

Telling me to build a bunch of GBs to fight through GE is the same as building a bunch of GBs to negotiate through it, only the GBs are different. With the negotiating method it also lets me complete requests to earn FP packs, wheras the fighting method would take up more space and not necessarily increase my FP gain over my current method. It would allow me, however, to hoard goods and potentially trade up and get some more GBs. At the least I was thinking adding CDM in to my city and then seeing if I couldn't make room for alcatraz.

And as for cape, my guild helps fund the cost of GB goods, but they have requirements on what GBs need to already be built and leveled before they will help with other GBs. They require hagia, CDM and cape lvl 10 at least before they'll help with other buildings. When I bought goods for alcatraz it cost me 400FP and a lot of goods. IDK if it would be worth paying for goods again to get alcatraz (I don't even have enough BPs yet)

DeletedUser29218

If you need alcatraz and some combat bonus, it's not really free, isn't it? You need a lot of space and a considerable investment for that. On the contrary, with just CF you can do all GE and you still generate more than you can spent (I'm talking about HMA, I can't say in other eras).
I fight because I can (with unattached rogues from events and ToR) but lately I've been negotiating even some of the encounters I could fight with 0 losses, because it is much faster and lets me check for snipes more often. I have no use for 10k+ of each good anyway, and so do any player who is parking in HMA after few weeks.

Imo, alcatraz is a GB that eventually everyone builds, but it is not good for early game progress. I'd say build it only if you want to be actively participating in GvG (or if you have advanced enough that you don't mind the spending).

DeletedUser29218

I think maybe leveling CF and STM to 7 might be the sweet spot for me. I’m already halfway to 7 or else I might say 6 is a good spot for CF. I think I’ll just leave my LOA at 4 for now. Maybe try for a cape after all of those are where I want them.
StM at 6 let you do a gather coin quest with 2 SSWs in HMA.

DeletedUser32389

Imo, alcatraz is a GB that eventually everyone builds, but it is not good for early game progress. I'd say build it only if you want to be actively participating in GvG (or if you have advanced enough that you don't mind the spending).

I want to add something to this real quick. This is completely true until you get a Rogue Hideout. Producing unattached rogues is one of the most useful investments I ever made, and it allows you to stretch the troops you do have. Without Rogues, the 'Traz isn't as useful to young players, but once you get a hideout it's time to make the investment.

DeletedUser31308

I want to add something to this real quick. This is completely true until you get a Rogue Hideout. Producing unattached rogues is one of the most useful investments I ever made, and it allows you to stretch the troops you do have. Without Rogues, the 'Traz isn't as useful to young players, but once you get a hideout it's time to make the investment.
I think this really depends on how often a player is planning to fight. Traz takes a ton of room, which could be better used if you're only building it to fight GE instead of negotiate. It's a large space you'd invest basically just to save yourself goods. However, if the player is planning on plundering their hood daily, I think Traz is well worth it. There's no other practical way to have enough troops in your city at a time to beat ~80 defenses each day. (An incredibly high attack boost can do it for you, but that's a huge FP investment that could be going into your Arc, whereas Traz suffices at level 1)

DeletedUser32389

I think this really depends on how often a player is planning to fight.
I agree, but having unattached Rogues changed the way I felt about fighting. Once I saw them start to build up, and i found what a difference they made for my attack power, I wanted to fight more. Not arguing with you, just saying that unattached Rogues really changed the way I enjoyed this game.

Woody*

I think this really depends on how often a player is planning to fight. Traz takes a ton of room, which could be better used if you're only building it to fight GE instead of negotiate. It's a large space you'd invest basically just to save yourself goods. However, if the player is planning on plundering their hood daily, I think Traz is well worth it. There's no other practical way to have enough troops in your city at a time to beat ~80 defenses each day. (An incredibly high attack boost can do it for you, but that's a huge FP investment that could be going into your Arc, whereas Traz suffices at level 1)

Depending on how you play, Traz can save you space. It can replace barracks AND happiness buildings. If you only negotiate, and have enough happiness without one, then yes it takes up a ton of room. But for many players out there, it is a huge space saver when combined with one Rogue Hideout.

It is also a huge time saver for many players! Auto-battle is faster than negotiations, and when you have a high enough level Traz you can auto-battle without any concern about the troops you lose.

My .02 is that for anyone that does any fighting, the Alcatraz is the 2nd most important GB in the game (Arc is #1 if used to it's full potential).

If leveled high enough, it doesn't just help you, but your guild as well. I'm able to supply all of our GvG defensive armies in a couple ages with my Traz, which frees up space and population for our other guild members to use those resources on other things.

Salsuero

But it is false for you to claim that you can't benefit from investing more FPs than you do. You would benefit, FPs in inventory have a ROI of 0 unlike swapped or sniped FPs.

Thanks. Don't tell me what is or isn't false based on MY strategy. I'm succeeding at what I am doing based on how I choose to play. How is it false when my bank works exactly as intended for me? I should be allowed to share that opinion just as much as the next guy and not be accused of it being "wrong".

If you know that there is a way to improve your rate of progress, but choose to advise against that option, you are giving bad advice.

I see you repeat this claim that you're happy with your bank of FPs so it should be good enough for anyone. That, simply, is untrue.

I never advised against anything. I stated an opinion and then was (once again) told my opinion was wrong by a troll who constantly seems to ignore me telling him never again to respond to me. Now maybe you don't know the history there, and that's fine... but don't get involved if you don't. I never said that my way is the only way:

To each his/her own strategy.

You must've missed when I wrote that.

DeletedUser31498

I think the problem is when people ask for advice on the best way to proceed, people chiming in saying "I do this, and look my city is good" is just not helpful when there are better courses of action. Your city is great, but it could be better. It's great that you're happy with the progress you're making. But the point of a guide is to advise on the BEST courses of action, and others can decide if that's in their best interests. For instance, I have 11 goods buildings instead of RQing more, bc I hate cycling that much even though I have 2k extra pop and RQs would be way more efficient. Similarly, when someone asks if it's best to keep 2k FPs in inventory when they only snipe ~50 at a time, the answer is no. So please stop writing this EVERY SINGLE TIME: " Don't tell me what is or isn't false based on MY strategy"

It's the wrong perspective you're taking. YOUR strategy is to keep too many FPs, which hinders progress. Advising other people to act improperly and then lashing out when they counter your advice only adds pages and wastes everyone's time.

Last edited by a moderator: