• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are about alcatraz as it pertains to this guide. I'm thinking about building it as having lots of unattached rogues for general use within my city sounds pretty appealing. I'm still hanging on to some crossbow ranges because I never get that unit from GE and they are one of my favorite units. If I sold all 3 of them I would make a decent amount of room for Traz. My only trouble with the prospect is that I might have to sell some alchemists to make room, which would reduce my overall FP intake by a little bit. But I also think it would help me save a lot on goods for the GE (I ran out this week on the 64th encounter) which might allow me to trade up and get my Arc more easily. It would also pretty much guarantee I have enough happiness to get an Inno tower sooner than later (once my gold intake is sustainable without so many houses) and not run into any problems with losing my 120%.
I doubt that Traz pertains to this guide at all, since it's about getting an Arc to level 80. However, to address your thoughts about it, it is definitely worth having. You can make some room by deleting a couple of cultural buildings in addition to 2 of your Crossbow Ranges. You should keep the 3rd one until the Traz provides you with some, then delete it, too, and just go with 1 Rogue Hideout. This will generally allow you to fight all the way through level 3 with a decent attack boost, thus saving you the goods you mentioned. And, as you level it up, it will dramatically decrease your need (especially in HMA) for culturals/decos.

Salsuero

You should have enough goods to negotiate all GE if you use tabern.

Except you'll have to replace the goods from the previous age you lose if you negotiate. Just negotiating a few encounters because you can fight most of them isn't as bad as negotiating most of GE each week. You'll have to spend time trading down to replace the lost goods. That's also time spent in the game. Just something to consider because recurring quests do nothing for you regarding the previous age.

DeletedUser32824

Except you'll have to replace the goods from the previous age you lose if you negotiate. Just negotiating a few encounters because you can fight most of them isn't as bad as negotiating most of GE each week. You'll have to spend time trading down to replace the lost goods. That's also time spent in the game. Just something to consider because recurring quests do nothing for you regarding the previous age.
I've had no trouble trading down 2:1. Just food for thought for someone who has negotiated GE 2 weeks in a row with 0 EMA income.

Salsuero

I've had no trouble trading down 2:1. Just food for thought for someone who has negotiated GE 2 weeks in a row with 0 EMA income.

Yes -- I'm in HMA and negotiate when necessary too. I'm not saying you can't do it. I was merely stating that there is a time factor to it... since the time factor was brought up involving other aspects of having the Alcatraz and using it as a benefit.

DeletedUser29218

I doubt that Traz pertains to this guide at all, since it's about getting an Arc to level 80. However, to address your thoughts about it, it is definitely worth having. You can make some room by deleting a couple of cultural buildings in addition to 2 of your Crossbow Ranges. You should keep the 3rd one until the Traz provides you with some, then delete it, too, and just go with 1 Rogue Hideout. This will generally allow you to fight all the way through level 3 with a decent attack boost, thus saving you the goods you mentioned. And, as you level it up, it will dramatically decrease your need (especially in HMA) for culturals/decos.

It could pertain to this guide, in the same way that HS and CdM do. If it helps to get the 80 arc earlier, it is good. I don't think that's the case (at least for the vast majority of players).

You don't make any room by deleting military buildings because you shouldn't have any. And a very similar thing could be said about cultural buildings (albeit I admit that's not always the case).

Yes -- I'm in HMA and negotiate when necessary too. I'm not saying you can't do it. I was merely stating that there is a time factor to it... since the time factor was brought up involving other aspects of having the Alcatraz and using it as a benefit.
It is ridiculous to compare spending 2 minutes a week setting up 10 trades to plundering your whole neighbourhood each day, for every year until you quit the game.

upload_2018-2-12_23-24-50.png
@tuckerkao Look at my alabaster!

You can fight some encounters too (I fight most of them, even to this day). You have rogues from events and ToR and, once you have 7+, you can fight around 48 encounters per week.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32824

HQS, What do you guess is your goods surplus each week? I have a level 7 CF and feel like having a level 10 with the 3 extra goods per quest that rewards them would be beneficial to widening the gap of me spending all of my goods each week (it's like living paycheck to paycheck). Maybe I'm just looking for a solution to that problem with the Alcatraz.

DeletedUser31308

HQS, What do you guess is your goods surplus each week? I have a level 7 CF and feel like having a level 10 with the 3 extra goods per quest that rewards them would be beneficial to widening the gap of me spending all of my goods each week (it's like living paycheck to paycheck). Maybe I'm just looking for a solution to that problem with the Alcatraz.
I haven't calculated my goods surplus, but I know I have one because I've never been close to running out of goods and each week I get further from it. I have negotiated 100% of GE 1-4 every week for the past 6 weeks with surplus.

I do about 65 RQs per day (23 from Alchemists, 12 spend FP, 23 UBQ, 7 collect coins) and have a level 5 CF. I have no other goods income except that from my level 2 ToR.

DeletedUser

You don't make any room by deleting military buildings because you shouldn't have any.
In the post I was responding to, the player had at least the 3 Crossbow Ranges and no Traz. So, thanks for your irrelevant comment.
And a very similar thing could be said about cultural buildings (albeit I admit that's not always the case).
And since a huge factor in fitting in the Traz is replacing regular Happiness buildings, again thanks for your (2nd) irrelevant comment.

Salsuero

It is ridiculous to compare spending 2 minutes a week setting up 10 trades to plundering your whole neighbourhood each day, for every year until you quit the game.

Of course it is. Everything I say is ridiculous. Why should this be any different.

You can fight some encounters too (I fight most of them, even to this day). You have rogues from events and ToR and, once you have 7+, you can fight around 48 encounters per week.

Because once you have 7 Rogues, you'll never lose one during those 48 encounters to bring you down to 6, right? Ok. Solid logic!

DeletedUser29218

At the moment I can do as many FPs quest as I want, so I'm not a good reference. But ThruTHEhead and my guild mate are increasing their goods reserves every week.
If I have to guess I'd say with the barracks you are trying to solve a problem that wouldn't exist in the first place. You are sacrificing ~9 alchemists, which might be the source of your goods shortage.

In the post I was responding to, the player had at least the 3 Crossbow Ranges and no Traz. So, thanks for your irrelevant comment.

And instead of telling someone he shouldn't cut his leg, you are explaining to him how useful a tourniquet will be. I prefer to go with the first choice. Can I say "thanks for your irrelevant comment" now? Do you get cookies for each epistrophe? Is it FP instead? Or maybe diamonds?

Because once you have 7 Rogues, you'll never lose one during those 48 encounters to bring you down to 6, right? Ok. Solid logic!

It is quite funny, because you were being ironic but what you have said is indeed correct. You can fight around 48 encounters with 7 rogues without losing any. If you don't know how, read the guide and observe the IA behaviour.

Of course it is. Everything I say is ridiculous. Why should this be any different.

Another example of being ironic and right at the same time, at least regarding last 2 pages here.

DeletedUser31498

It is quite funny, because you were being ironic but what you have said is indeed correct. You can fight around 48 encounters with 7 rogues without losing any. If you don't know how, read the guide and observe the IA behaviour.

Another example of being ironic and right at the same time, at least regarding last 2 pages here.

hahahaha man HQS is on fire lately!

@Salsuero thanks for the 1M FP suggestion. I thought you weren't being helpful when you said to store "as many as possible," but should you ever write a guide, I hope you understand that to follow advice, you need to not be horrifically vague. Notice this topic is Arc to level 80, not levelling Arc as high as possible. Similarly, it would behoove you to understand the way you write helps no one improve. (and yes, I know, your city is REALLY SUCCESSFUL!)

DeletedUser27184

1. As for the question of the amount of goods - I am in ME, running around 50-60 RQ per day, with CF level 10, I do around 4400 Goods per month (this includes GE4 rewards and ToR level 10).
2. As for the question of Traz vs. CF and GE.
IMO, the most important point is whether you finish GE64 every week. I wasn't sure from your answers if you manage it just twice, or you finish it every week. You should finish it every week no matter what as soon as possible. GE64 should be on farm for all the goods/FP/Diamonds/TF/ et cet.
In the short run, with the CF it would be easier to finish, as the last fights are the hardest and negotiation is much easier to do then fight. So maybe level a bit the CF until you have enough goods to do GE every week.
For the long view - Traz is a hugh saver on space (as was written above), and the troops for the GE + rogues from the Traz should furnished you with tons of troops to finish as much of the GE with fights.
You will also have to level some attack GB's for this way, as the Traz alone is not enough for the hardest fights. Once you got the Traz and finish GE only through fights, all your goods will be saved from negotiation and you can use them elsewhere. So the Traz option is the most efficient in the long run for a city - in space, happiness and goods (and troops of course).
But, as I said, its not just the Traz, you may have to level the CoA/Zeus/CDM. The amount of FP is rather low, as in HMA you should aim to around 60% attack bonus which is around level 7 for all 3 attack GB's together. Thats a few thousands of FP, which are not a lot in the long run, but needs to be counted and decided if you want it.

DeletedUser

And instead of telling someone he shouldn't cut his leg, you are explaining to him how useful a tourniquet will be. I prefer to go with the first choice.
For this analogy to be accurate, the person has already "cut his leg", in which case telling him not to is as irrelevant as your other comments. And it must be one he** of a cut if the first thing you think of is a tourniquet.
Can I say "thanks for your irrelevant comment" now?
You can say whatever ridiculous thing comes into your head...in other words, keep doing what you've been doing.
Do you get cookies for each epistrophe?
I don't know. What's an "epistrophe"? (Incidentally, if you meant "apostrophe", there isn't a single one in the post you replied to, so I guess I would classify this as another of your irrelevant comments.)

DeletedUser32872

For the long view - Traz is a hugh saver on space (as was written above), and the troops for the GE + rogues from the Traz should furnished you with tons of troops to finish as much of the GE with fights.
You will also have to level some attack GB's for this way, as the Traz alone is not enough for the hardest fights. Once you got the Traz and finish GE only through fights, all your goods will be saved from negotiation and you can use them elsewhere. So the Traz option is the most efficient in the long run for a city - in space, happiness and goods (and troops of course).
But, as I said, its not just the Traz, you may have to level the CoA/Zeus/CDM. The amount of FP is rather low, as in HMA you should aim to around 60% attack bonus which is around level 7 for all 3 attack GB's together. Thats a few thousands of FP, which are not a lot in the long run, but needs to be counted and decided if you want it.

In HMA -- assuming you're sole goal is to maximize FP production for this Level 80 Arc strategy -- traz isn't really that useful unless you're doing a ton of plundering and/or GvG. It requires the spending of FP to acquire the goods and BPs (assuming your guild does not provide it, and trading up for it would take a ridiculous amount of time), and when you compare it for the happiness alone it falls behind Hagia Sophia.

A level 5 HS will easily supply all the happiness (plus a few FPs) you need for this strategy, even after you get an Innovative Tower. If needed, it could be upgraded to 7/9/11 in the event that you have a boatload of terrace farms, but I'm assuming that isn't true for a new HMA city. In terms of space, HS also comes out ahead at 42 tiles vs 70 for Alcatraz. That's a difference of 4.6 alchemists or 2.3RQ/day. The extra units you receive are really unnecessary when you are swimming in goods from CF and able to negotiate everything, and/or have 7+ rouges and can fight 40-50 of the encounters each week. With a ToR + GE and completion of the Daily Challenge, you can easily have 7 rouges within the first month, and eventually be swimming in them (assuming you follow a careful strategy in battle -- I only lose ~1 rouge/month due to stupidity). You don't even need a rouge hideout to make this work, but they can help. You also don't need any combat bonus to do this, although it can also help. I manage with ~21% combat bonus right now and haven't built any combat GB except SoZ and instead have more room for Alchemists, SoK, and SSW.

The only situation I can see making Alcatraz useful in HMA is if you need it for mandatory GvG or like to plunder, but it is by no means optimal for FP production. Once you get to Colonial I can definitely see it becoming useful as Traz plus HS can together supply happiness needs at that point. By ME (where you are) I can definitely see a case for it being useful, as the happiness is required and plundering becomes more profitable for FPs.

I don't know. What's an "epistrophe"? (Incidentally, if you meant "apostrophe", there isn't a single one in the post you replied to, so I guess I would classify this as another of your irrelevant comments.)

Epistrophe is the repetition of words at the end of successive clauses or sentences, as seen below.

And since a huge factor in fitting in the Traz is replacing regular Happiness buildings, again thanks for your (2nd) irrelevant comment.

Bolded for clarity.

DeletedUser32824

The only situation I can see making Alcatraz useful in HMA is if you need it for mandatory GvG or like to plunder, but it is by no means optimal for FP production. Once you get to Colonial I can definitely see it becoming useful as Traz plus HS can together supply happiness needs at that point. By ME (where you are) I can definitely see a case for it being useful, as the happiness is required and plundering becomes more profitable for FPs.

Thanks for yours and Jobu's reply. I think I'll see how GE goes this week. It will be the third week where I should have enough goods to negotiate through it. Last week I ran out on the last encounter (but that awarded 2 things that don't really help FP production, because I don't need a reno kit or a fountain of youth) so I wasn't too worried about it. Last week I did trade some HMA goods for LMA goods to build a CDM (my guild requires you to build certain FP generating buildings, and level them to a certain level and they will provide 1:1 trades for later era GBs) I figure that this method might be slightly less efficient than outright buying goods, but I'll end up with a couple decent lvl 10 GBs that will help my city in the long run. That single trade might have been what tanked my goods. So I'll hold off on trying to trade for my (like 1400 bleh) goods for cape canaveral until after GE is done this week to see where my goods are at. I'll probably hold off on Traz until my city starts cruising or a later era.

I currently have 5 rogues, (1 UA and 4 attached). Where can I find the strategy for a 7 rogue setup? I'm assuming it's with a melee as the 8th for the retaliation attack that's basically free?

Once again, thanks for the helpful feedback!