• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

*Arturis*

Get your CF to at least level 10 and progress, your other goods building I think can supply you the goods needed to sail through the techtree. Yes, it is important to stay in FE and havest the goods from fp quest. Everyone need arc so there will be the attractive market for you to sell goods to level your GBs and trade down or up if you want. While in FE, it is best to level your CF further at least up to 70

DeletedUser29726

1) HS/IT : No, not really. IT is nice and one of the easiest to level but it's not crucial to a tech race. Very few buildings are advantageous over just investing in tech if that is the end goal for now. Even levelling an arc is technically going to put you slower than if you had just not done so. You may be goods-stuck at points and thus be working on some building WHILE you level - but never INSTEAD of levelling until you reach your target age whatever that may be.
2) No, you should not expect unlimited spend FP quests - there's a limit of how many buildings are available to you for break even and in higher ages it'll be more FP per quest so less quests.
3) Kindof - how far is a good question - Level 10 is worth it for 13 goods from random reward. Further is probably best postponed til after/during the tech race (it's 4 levels for each additional good from that point on - and 20 or so levels before the benefit of arc really kicks in and makes it 'cheap')
4) There might be good spots to pause yes. Among other things you can't use CF to get goods from prior ages so you either need to keep staggered terrace farms in ages you still need goods or make sure you have enough goods before you leave the age. Remember there's going to be very few people to trade with while you make this tech sprint.

DeletedUser31308

Get your CF to at least level 10 and progress, your other goods building I think can supply you the goods needed to sail through the techtree. Yes, it is important to stay in FE and havest the goods from fp quest. Everyone need arc so there will be the attractive market for you to sell goods to level your GBs and trade down or up if you want. While in FE, it is best to level your CF further at least up to 70
Which buildings are you referring to when you say "your other goods building"? Are you meaning the LoA/StM goods GBs? Production building loops? Or old fashioned goods buildings?

4) There might be good spots to pause yes. Among other things you can't use CF to get goods from prior ages so you either need to keep staggered terrace farms in ages you still need goods or make sure you have enough goods before you leave the age. Remember there's going to be very few people to trade with while you make this tech sprint.
Are you aware of any conventional wisdom regarding which spots to pause? Offhand, I can imagine the Heavy Questing ages make good candidates due to my CF lvl 10 and their small production buildings. The hard part is, it almost seems like I'd need to spend a good deal of time in each age just to get that ages goods to high levels since it will be very difficult to trade up or down for a while.

DeletedUser29726

Small production buildings aren't a huge factor in most of those later ages. ME has small production buildings, but PME and CE have better unbirthdays. TE kinda has the best of both worlds but then you're almost FE where you get to make the goods you want to sell. You can also consider in some of the ages since you need 5 24 hr productions if it's better in some of them to have 4 barracks instead for multiple quests a day (but not as many supplies to feed unbirthdays - generally the quests are enough to pay for the cost of the training easily though) or higher frequency/premium supplies for more unbirthdays but no 24hr quests.

DeletedUser34477

"-lvl ~15 onwards. Rewards become increasingly large to the point you can easily be sniped if you are not careful. You can take advantage of that by offering sniping opportunities to high arcs (and an agreed ratio) or use group carefully to avoid giving away your rewards."

New player here.. why wouldnt you want them to help you level up your ARC if that is what this is saying?

Also with recurring quests. I am currently in Bronze Age? Should I rush for a certain age and sit there before advancing until HMA or just get to HMA as fast as I can and do the recurring quests there?

And I am not sure about Shrines of Knowledge and the Sky Watches. Should I just put down as many of them as I get?

I currently have 32 blacksmiths and I am rotating between doing the 1 day production on those and the gather 1800 coins by guild hopping

DeletedUser31308

"-lvl ~15 onwards. Rewards become increasingly large to the point you can easily be sniped if you are not careful. You can take advantage of that by offering sniping opportunities to high arcs (and an agreed ratio) or use group carefully to avoid giving away your rewards."

New player here.. why wouldnt you want them to help you level up your ARC if that is what this is saying?

Also with recurring quests. I am currently in Bronze Age? Should I rush for a certain age and sit there before advancing until HMA or just get to HMA as fast as I can and do the recurring quests there?

And I am not sure about Shrines of Knowledge and the Sky Watches. Should I just put down as many of them as I get?

I currently have 32 blacksmiths and I am rotating between doing the 1 day production on those and the gather 1800 coins by guild hopping
Get to HMA as fast as you can. Both IA and EMA suck for quests unless you put in a ton of money to rocket an Arc and CF there through SoK income or other event buildings.

DeletedUser34477

Get to HMA as fast as you can. Both IA and EMA suck for quests unless you put in a ton of money to rocket an Arc and CF there through SoK income or other event buildings.

Thank you.

Also the main great building I should be going for are LoA, St. Marks, CF and Arc?

When I get them how should I go about leveling them? Just keep leveling up Arc and not touch the rest for a while?
And what recurring quests should I focus on in HMA? Only the one to do with alchemists?

Last edited by a moderator:

Snarko

You should level LoA, StM and CF at minimum so that your goods needs are covered. How much goods you need depend largely on how much of GE you negotiate. If you have made the spreadsheet suggested in this guide you can use that one to help decide which of those three to level next. Usually people prioritise FP > medals > goods.

Initially the alchemist quest will be the main one. As your LoA StM CF combo start to get going you will rely more and more on the unbirthday quest. As your Arc get going you will rely more and more on the spend FP quest.

You shouldn't aim to stratosphere Arc until you have a decent FP production. At least 80-100 per day seems to be recommended. You can certainly get the Arc to level 10 before then, especially if you do a lot of sniping.

What do people think is the best use for diamonds after expansions? I'm close to getting the last diamond expansion in HMA. I don't intend to age up for a very long time. Saving diamonds for future expansions seems like a waste when I could use them to further my progress now (or soon).

DeletedUser29218

What do people think is the best use for diamonds after expansions? I'm close to getting the last diamond expansion in HMA. I don't intend to age up for a very long time. Saving diamonds for future expansions seems like a waste when I could use them to further my progress now (or soon).

Save them until a good event pops up.

DeletedUser32824

Here's an update with where I'm at, for anyone who is curious.

I've completed 5 guild expeditions and so far the only FP production buildings I've recieved is 1 SSW. 0 TFs. I have gotten 2 reno kits and 2 fountains of youth from the other 4 weeks. Haven't had good luck with jade idols either. Gotten 2 and neither was a building. The happiest I've been with GE has been when the 64th encounter offered 50% TF and 50% SSW.

I've found myself being able to fight all the way through 1 and 2 with unattached rogues and unattached units. I think it took me about 3 GEs to really get a good base of UA units. I've since then sold all my crossbow ranges and am not really planning on building an alcatraz since I have about 20 UA rogues, losing about 1 per week. I somehow now have a small surplus of goods and am in the process of paing a guild-mate for future goods to build my arc. Got my CC to 7, CDM to 7, Hagia to 3, and am planning on dropping my Inno Tower once Arc is at least 10 and I have more gold production. My spreadsheet says I make ~86 FPs per day from predictable things (not counting daily quests or GE idol rewards). Overall I'm pretty happy with where my city is at and am ready to plop down my Arc.

If anyone has questions for someone who is currently in the middle of this strategy, let me know. I've followed most points of this guide, with some of my own deviations here and there.

DeletedUser32824

efroZ
Here is a picture of my city. Currently in HMA getting my Arc to 10, then going to up my other GBs to get a bit more production out of them. Hopefully within the month I'll start the journey to 80 :D

https://imgur.com/a/efroZ

(I don't know how to imbed this image or get that weird image tag out of the front of this post:()

DeletedUser29218

efroZ
Here is a picture of my city. Currently in HMA getting my Arc to 10, then going to up my other GBs to get a bit more production out of them. Hopefully within the month I'll start the journey to 80 :D

https://imgur.com/a/efroZ

(I don't know how to imbed this image or get that weird image tag out of the front of this post:()

I ran into the same problem. What I did is Ctr + C (copy) an image and then paste it here. It works and you don't need to save the file anywhere.

DeletedUser32824

Would you ever consider replacing LoA with Royal Albert Hall? The x75 boosts looks real nice to me since I have 62 collections and I always run out. Think it could be worth it? Or is it just too big?

DeletedUser33241

Would you ever consider replacing LoA with Royal Albert Hall? The x75 boosts looks real nice to me since I have 62 collections and I always run out. Think it could be worth it? Or is it just too big?

that's 42 vs 16 tiles.

In 26 tiles you could place 4,33 Alchemists (i will calculate with 4)...with 120% Happiness and motivated they will give you 4x2208 = 8832 supplies.
Thats without LoA bonus.
And of course 2 more RQ.

RAH would give you 40x 10% more and 35x 70% more.

40x Alchemists with LoA, Happiness and motivated give 132480 supplies.
10% more = 145728.
That are 13248 supplies.

22x alchemists (in your case) with 70% are 76912 supplies (vs 48576).
28336 supplies more.

Well, that are summa summarum 32752 supplies more in your case.

The 2 RQ more would be worth round about 1 FP / day.

If you have less supply- than coinproduction you can think about it I guess.

You have to think about the goods cost also of course.
Industrial age vs Iron age goods...thats also a huge investment that slows down your arc rush progress.

Just calculate for yourself if more supplies give you more RQ and when you will get back that investment in FP.

and another point to think about is: what will you do in future eras? I dont think you will need that 75x more supplies and then you have wasted 26 tiles ..

Notes: calculations with RAH and LoA level 1

DeletedUser32824

Yeah that's a good point. I think right now I'm at a point where I have a ton of alchemists and no TFs or maharaja's palaces taking up space. Once my # of alchemists go down to around 40 then the RAH would just be a bigger LoA. I've just had such bad luck with TFs and other special buildings that my city is a straight alchemist farm :)

DeletedUser33241

I have 64 alchemists and my city has an unequal production:
192k supplies
vs
138k coins. ^^

DeletedUser32824

Mine is around 242k supplies vs 323k gold. For a while I had a surplus of 1.3mil supplies and right now I'm still eating through that. Soon I'll have a surplus of coins. Once I drop my houses for an inno though my coins will drop slightly below my supplies (unless I get more SSW/SOK before then)

DeletedUser33241

Mine is around 242k supplies vs 323k gold. For a while I had a surplus of 1.3mil supplies and right now I'm still eating through that. Soon I'll have a surplus of coins. Once I drop my houses for an inno though my coins will drop slightly below my supplies (unless I get more SSW/SOK before then)

Sure, that you calculated it right?

Because where do you get 50k supplies more than mine with 2 alchemists less? ^^

Or did you just include CF RQ - rewards?

That's my city (copy & paste doesnt work, perhaps too big ^^):

https://imgur.com/a/vy71U

DeletedUser29218

On the LoA vs RAH topic. I did similar calculations than the ones Homeflow did (but with a more diversified amount of scenarios such as different GB levels and amount of alchemist and other supply sources). If I recall right, RAH + LoA was superior in some cases (basically, a large amount of alchemists).

But I didn't build it for the same reason Homeflow mentioned: it wasn't that much better, and eventually your city will have less and less alchemists, so RAH will be a inefficient use of space.

PS: Homeflow, you should spent some time redesigning your city layout. It can be much much better. Use this as a reference.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?attachments/randy_current_bp-png.3682/

DeletedUser32824

Sure, that you calculated it right?

Because where do you get 50k supplies more than mine with 2 alchemists less? ^^

Or did you just include CF RQ - rewards?

That's my city (copy & paste doesnt work, perhaps too big ^^):

https://imgur.com/a/vy71U
That's my calculation with about 80% motivated alchemists, 40 motivated LOA alchemists and the rest without LOA bonus. It also includes special buildings. The supplies from quest rewards are calculated separately. I have a lvl 3 pillar of heroes, moose meadow and sugar bakers, and my grand bridge. My LOA is also lvl 4. If your LOA is lower that could have a pretty significant effect.