• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

CaptEHCJ

Thank you for the reassurance. I was thinking I did all that layout and the game makers changed it on us just as I got to the point where I could start looping. I will stick with it. Percentages gotta be with me eventually. Thanks kindly!

DeletedUser32824

I do about 80-100 quests per day. The most I've ever seen is 10 packs in a day. My mathematical average is supposed to be like 6 packs. I've had exactly 1 day with 0 packs (a very sad day). Most of the time I hit around my average. Once you get more quests rolling you will start to see around your mathematical average more often!

Snarko

Much of the information in this guide is based on building up a Forge Point generation source via looping.
Your question has been answered but I want to mention that with a CF it's a great source of goods and until you level Arc a good source of medals. The FP is secondary once you have other FP sources. I could stop doing recurring quests tomorrow and I probably wouldn't notice the effect it has on my FP income*. I would however notice going from 600 goods per day to 60.

*I'm leveling my Arc, so I make lots from GB investments. But I almost always do recurring quests while investing, so it also gives me many more quests done.

DeletedUser29623

I do far fewer quests, and usually get a couple of FP packs per day. But really, it's the goods I spend on all 4 levels of GE that get me the most FPs apart from my Arcs, which are only at 10 & 13

DeletedUser31308

Update: 217 days into this world, I have finally hit Contemporary Era. It took me a month to get from LMA (where I was when I hit Arc 80) to CE. I've already sold 5 IT sets for over 4k FP total, as they were willing to pay before I hit CE just to be the first to get the goods (gotta love a new world). I've been able to keep up the pace of about 1k goods produced a day from quests despite only a level 16 CF at this point (do the math, it is a lot of spend FP quests). Next up is pushing that CF up so I can UBQ continuously to further crank up my goods production, as well as getting my military GBs up to par so I can fight all of GE and not waste any of these precious goods on negotiations. At a rate of 1k CE goods a day, selling 2:1, I am making 500 FP a day from quests alone (ignoring the 5 FP packs). If I had chosen to focus CF or another GB before pushing in age, there is no possible way I could have added 500 FP/day income to my city in a month.

DeletedUser33241

Hello there,

I finished my arc today!

Arc built: 28.01.2018
Arc lvl 80: 01.06.2018

That are 124 days in total.

Thank you very much :)

DeletedUser29623

One thing this guide really lacks is a clear, detailed explanation of how the various Arc groups and leveling methods post-L10 work, which is a bit strange, since it’s all about leveling Arcs. The recommended leveling method sounds a bit complicated, but instead of explaining how it works, he writes “I’ll leave that up to you.”

I did find this person’s blog post about it: http://foe.asipofsakki.com/power-leveling-arc-prepwork/

But I have no idea if it jibes with this guide

DeletedUser32824

@Lauramiller What I decided to do for a swap group was create my own with 3 other guild-mates. We swap an ever increasing 1st place bonus and 325 FP for 2nd and 200 for 3rd. This leaves about 30-40 FP left for guildies to take 4th and 5th. We've been doing this for 10 levels. From 10-20 for 2 of us and from 14-24 for the other 2. With everyone's income it's taking about 5 days per level and right now we are on the 9th wave. Once we finish 10 levels we will then start using the assistance of guildies with an Arc lvl 80 and they will give us 1.9x the bonus on 1st and 2nd. The average contribution per person (minus the rewards) without arc 80 help was 713FP at lvl 11 and 613FP for lvl 20. With the help of the Arc 80s we will cut that in half and the amount needed for lvl 21 will be 426 and lvl 30 will be 250. It continues to go down to where you will only need to generate 93 new FP for lvl 50, which is like 1 lvl every 1 or 2 days.

10-20 has been a slog, but it's going to pick up pretty quickly. Once I hit level 50 I'm going to have enough BPs for 20 additional sets (hopefully...I should have enough already if I keep up with our group till 50) and I have already banked the 4000 FP necessary to boost from 50-70 in one day with the help of 3 to 4 arc 80s. We call this powerleveling in my guild. After 70 it takes about 7600 FP to self level with the help of an arc 80 taking every available reward slot. It's going to be another slog, but I'm hoping I will have an even bigger chunk of FPs saved.

Hopefully this helps.

I also made an excel spreadsheet for this that has how many BPs and FPs you can expect for contributing to swap partners arcs at every level. It was kind of a pain to put together and has like 15 columns, but it's helped me stay organized and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

DeletedUser29623

@amiar I really appreciate the time you took to reply to this, but what I need is less big-picture strategy and more nuts-and-bolts tactics. I want to set up an Arc group with some players in my new guild whose Arcs are all in their teens, like mine.

If I go to them and say “Let’s start swapping an ever-increasing 1st place bonus with 325 for 2nd and 200 for third,” it won’t help much. They will have the same questions I do. What do you mean by “bonus”? Is that the entire 1st place reward, or just the additional FP added to it by the Arc? How do you swap a reward? How does it increase? What happens to the fourth player participating in the swap once the other three take 1st, 2nd and 3rd. This is what I mean by the original post being too vague. I would like to know what this looks like on the ground.

Let’s say there’s me (player A) with a level 12 Arc and players B, C, D, whose Arcs are at 9, 13, 16. How does the swapping to get me to level 13 happen? How much does each partner donate? How is it calculated? Do players donate all at once from their inventory, or from their hourly FPs/collections or what? After everyone donates, where do the rest of the FPs to level it come from, guild swap threads? Without more specifics I can’t set up the group in the first place, so it doesn’t really help to know that it’s easier between level 20 and 30 than between 50 and 70.

DeletedUser32824

@amiar I really appreciate the time you took to reply to this, but what I need is less big-picture strategy and more nuts-and-bolts tactics. I want to set up an Arc group with some players in my new guild whose Arcs are all in their teens, like mine.

If I go to them and say “Let’s start swapping an ever-increasing 1st place bonus with 325 for 2nd and 200 for third,” it won’t help much. They will have the same questions I do. What do you mean by “bonus”? Is that the entire 1st place reward, or just the additional FP added to it by the Arc? How do you swap a reward? How does it increase? What happens to the fourth player participating in the swap once the other three take 1st, 2nd and 3rd. This is what I mean by the original post being too vague. I would like to know what this looks like on the ground.

Let’s say there’s me (player A) with a level 12 Arc and players B, C, D, whose Arcs are at 9, 13, 16. How does the swapping to get me to level 13 happen? How much does each partner donate? How is it calculated? Do players donate all at once from their inventory, or from their hourly FPs/collections or what? After everyone donates, where do the rest of the FPs to level it come from, guild swap threads? Without more specifics I can’t set up the group in the first place, so it doesn’t really help to know that it’s easier between level 20 and 30 than between 50 and 70.
@Lauramiller I'll make a separate thread for this when I get back from church today so that you have a solid reply. I'll try to include all of the details for you. Having players at different levels is the worst part about a swap group. We were really lucky and had 2 at 14 and 2 at 10, so it worked out really really well.

DeletedUser29218

Hello there,

I finished my arc today!

Arc built: 28.01.2018
Arc lvl 80: 01.06.2018

That are 124 days in total.

Thank you very much :)

Congratz! Can you say when did you start the account? For comparison purposes, it is a more useful reference.

Hmm, I have to thank you too, Dulahan. When I found this guide I was already in OF, with just 120 daily fps produced, but I was able to get my arc from lvl 15 to 70 in just 70 days. Thanks again!

Enjoy being OP.

One thing this guide really lacks is a clear, detailed explanation of how the various Arc groups and leveling methods post-L10 work, which is a bit strange, since it’s all about leveling Arcs. The recommended leveling method sounds a bit complicated, but instead of explaining how it works, he writes “I’ll leave that up to you.”

I did find this person’s blog post about it: http://foe.asipofsakki.com/power-leveling-arc-prepwork/

But I have no idea if it jibes with this guide

The reason I explained the basics of group exchange but didn't dwell further into it was because that belongs to the world of politics/negotiations, not economics. As such, a single "best" method won't ever exist, it is better if the individual group decides what they want to do according to their ethics and view of "equality". You can't just mix players who think guild chains are fair and people like me and expect them to agree.

For example, let's say you are 8 people starting in a new world and your goal is to maximise the total growth of the group. The best idea would be to spent ALL resources of the 8 people into 1 or 2 people, let them have the first 2 80 arcs in the server, then powerlvl their CF while they advance eras so they become the bests goods sellers. Keep throwing resources into them until they have, lvl 100 arc and lvl 75 CF (random guessed numbers). At that stage you would have 2 players with lvl 100 arc and lvl 75 CF, and 6 players with literally 0 GB, camping in HMA. Then, you powerlvl the GBs of these 6 players to reach the stage of the first 2.

This is probably the strategy that takes the least amount of time for the 8 players to reach very lategame lvls on GBs. Would this happen? Obviously not, there is no way you can find 6 players that have a mediocre city for half a year, sacrificing themselves for "the greater good" (and probably they would get flagged as farm accounts). This is obviously an extreme example, but hopefully it is good enough to ilustrate the concept of political/social driven decisions vs economical driven ones.

DeletedUser29623

This is probably the strategy that takes the least amount of time for the 8 players to reach very lategame lvls on GBs. Would this happen? Obviously not, there is no way you can find 6 players that have a mediocre city for half a year, sacrificing themselves for "the greater good" (and probably they would get flagged as farm accounts). This is obviously an extreme example, but hopefully it is good enough to ilustrate the concept of political/social driven decisions vs economical driven ones.

You don't have to recommend one particular method. A post on the various options would be really helpful. If you don't know how to get an Arc group started, you can't really proceed with this guide unless you're in a guild where someone who already knows how invites you to join one.

DeletedUser29726

You don't have to recommend one particular method. A post on the various options would be really helpful. If you don't know how to get an Arc group started, you can't really proceed with this guide unless you're in a guild where someone who already knows how invites you to join one.

Ideal situation: A crop of growing arcs where 1st, 2nd, and often 3rd are taken by arc80s at break even - locked up as soon as they're available. and 4th and 5th are taking by other growing arcs to sustain prints. Until those spots are immediately lockable upon level up the owner would spent the points to set them up.

Issues :
Unfriendly arc80s - unfriendly ones might be stealing those 1st and 2nd spots still but for much less points than friendly ones. You can cut a lot of unfriendly ones from your friendlist, but ultimately you may need to coordinate levelup times with your friendly ones and lock spots up immediately rather than let them float or have a couple people just adding at once.

Lack of friendly arc80s - someone's gotta go first right? There's no simple answer here other than have the highest arc you can in your group take 1st, 2nd highest take 2nd. It's going to take hundreds of more points per level, and you might tolerate unfriendly arc80s profiteering off you with minimum locks for a while if it's better than the group can do. On older worlds you should be able to find some friendly ones though - send them a message and be precise about what sort of support you'd like from them. It shouldn't be too hard to find some folks to pay 180% instead of minimum lock with their 190% arc and take a small profit if you're giving them heads ups allowing them to be lazy about it :)

Print shortages - particularly if all the growing arcs are still under 30, 4th and 5th might be not enough to sustain growth. Either seek out arcs outside your group that have efficient spots to buy prints on, or accept the loss of FP to take higher spots and get more prints. Compare the FP cost of each option to decide what's best.

DeletedUser29742

"4. Build LoA and StM as soon as you get the 9 BP, but don't hunt for BP. If you have repeated BP, you can trade 2x1, but don't trade 2 of the same repeated BP, always do 1-1."

How can you not trade 2 of the same? It's the only option provided when trying to trade in duplicate BP's.