• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser31308

The last two events required pushing the continental map. I'm not sure if you played those or not.
I did, and I noticed. Before those, there were several that didn't require them. So there are at least some events he can participate in.

Salsuero

I did, and I noticed. Before those, there were several that didn't require them. So there are at least some events he can participate in.

Yes, but the most recent trend has him unable to complete events. So it's important to be clear that the recent past is trending in the wrong direction for folks who don't wish to progress as the last couple events could not be finished if you are unwilling to work on the continental map. Since we can't predict the future, I believe it's important to consider that trend when making a decision about advancing.

DeletedUser29726

Yes, but the most recent trend has him unable to complete events. So it's important to be clear that the recent past is trending in the wrong direction for folks who don't wish to progress as the last couple events could not be finished if you are unwilling to work on the continental map. Since we can't predict the future, I believe it's important to consider that trend when making a decision about advancing.

That depends on your definition of recent. "Recent" to me is a 50/50 chance you might not need to research a tech. as opposed to a year ago where i'd say you always need a tech for an event and sometimes two for big ones! ;)

Salsuero

That depends on your definition of recent. "Recent" to me is a 50/50 chance you might not need to research a tech. as opposed to a year ago where i'd say you always need a tech for an event and sometimes two for big ones! ;)

Recent to me includes the last two events. In Thru's post, it implied, even if not to everyone reading it, as if this requirement wasn't actually restored "recently", even if not permanent. I was simply aiming to include additional relevant information that the original player could use to make his decision. I know it's "possible" that we won't need to do anything tech or continent related without alternatives in the future. But it's possible that we will be forced to do them as well, and I think it's less clear if you don't at least mention that we have been forced the last two times. It's not about the probability as much to me as it is the fact that they didn't completely eliminate those tasks, and reintroduced them during the two most recent events, so you should at least consider them in making your best choices.

DeletedUser29218

Recent to me includes the last two events.

I've been away from the forum for a while, but -as expected- some things never change. Reminds me of an NPC in a rpg game.
If the last 3 events had required some techs/provinces, I'm sure you would have said your definition of it included 3 events instead of 2.

Salsuero

I've been away from the forum for a while, but -as expected- some things never change. Reminds me of an NPC in a rpg game.
If the last 3 events had required some techs/provinces, I'm sure you would have said your definition of it included 3 events instead of 2.

I see what you did there. My idea of recent doesn't ONLY include the last two events. That doesn't mean it's EXCLUSIVE to the last two events. My point was that it doesn't NOT include the last two. It includes them ALSO. In other words, omitting them as it appeared, was not inclusive. Can I spell it out for you any other way, troll?

DeletedUser31308

I see what you did there. My idea of recent doesn't ONLY include the last two events. That doesn't mean it's EXCLUSIVE to the last two events. My point was that it doesn't NOT include the last two. It includes them ALSO. In other words, omitting them as it appeared, was not inclusive. Can I spell it out for you any other way, troll?
What you supplied was additional information which could be useful for someone. I was trying not to give too long of a response, so I decided not to go into specifics about which events have and haven't required advancement. Instead I summarized by saying it's less of an issue and that several recent events didn't require advancement. It's a true statement. If your response was formatted as an addition to my statement, instead of seemingly a rebuttal (starting your point with "but"), I don't think anyone would have taken issue with it.

Salsuero

What you supplied was additional information which could be useful for someone. I was trying not to give too long of a response, so I decided not to go into specifics about which events have and haven't required advancement. Instead I summarized by saying it's less of an issue and that several recent events didn't require advancement. It's a true statement. If your response was formatted as an addition to my statement, instead of seemingly a rebuttal (starting your point with "but"), I don't think anyone would have taken issue with it.

I never said you were factually incorrect. I said you weren't comprehensive enough, in my opinion. You didn't have to agree with me, but I chose to give "additional" information that I felt might be pertinent. I don't see anything wrong with that. I started my response with "yes" which was an explicit agreement, and the "but" was properly used to convey incompleteness.

DeletedUser31308

I never said you were factually incorrect. I said you weren't comprehensive enough, in my opinion. You didn't have to agree with me, but I chose to give "additional" information that I felt might be pertinent. I don't see anything wrong with that. I started my response with "yes" which was an explicit agreement, and the "but" was properly used to convey incompleteness.
Why does it matter that you don't think I was comprehensive enough, except that it motivated you to provide additional information? Why provide your additional information in a combative manner at all, instead of with the simple goal to help add clarity? No need to turn something into an argument that has no reason to be.

Salsuero

Why does it matter that you don't think I was comprehensive enough, except that it motivated you to provide additional information? Why provide your additional information in a combative manner at all, instead of with the simple goal to help add clarity? No need to turn something into an argument that has no reason to be.

It had nothing to do with you. It had to do with the question asked. I didn't see it as combative. I see that you did. Different strokes.

Opozicija

I like this guide, great work. Interesting to read.. Still, I would like to see some new chapter(s) for advanced players when all hardwork is done like: what to do once you maximize your FP production (Gbs like Arc,CC,IT,Kraken,Cdm,HS,BG,AO,CF..) and rest of military GBs like Zeus,CoA,TA,Traz..? Generally in this stage of game player is active in all segments of game but I am interested to see what you would prioritize next..
To clarify my thoughts, i will give example. All GBs above are lvl.80, Arc lvl.90 so you do some profit on 90% thread, your daily FP production is 600 FPs.

Questions..
1. I notice that players in this situation push Arc and do extra profit on 90% thread, how far would you go?
2. Which GB(s) would you push and how far?
3. Would you build some new GBs like Basil/Castle/AM or you would rather do 10 extra lvls on AO for example?

DeletedUser29726

I like this guide, great work. Interesting to read.. Still, I would like to see some new chapter(s) for advanced players when all hardwork is done like: what to do once you maximize your FP production (Gbs like Arc,CC,IT,Kraken,Cdm,HS,BG,AO,CF..) and rest of military GBs like Zeus,CoA,TA,Traz..? Generally in this stage of game player is active in all segments of game but I am interested to see what you would prioritize next..
To clarify my thoughts, i will give example. All GBs above are lvl.80, Arc lvl.90 so you do some profit on 90% thread, your daily FP production is 600 FPs.

Questions..
1. I notice that players in this situation push Arc and do extra profit on 90% thread, how far would you go?
2. Which GB(s) would you push and how far?
3. Would you build some new GBs like Basil/Castle/AM or you would rather do 10 extra lvls on AO for example?

It'd depend on your specific play. If the arc + FP buildings were a means to an end

and you're a fighter: you'd keep working more military buildings (more traz, more boost, more AO crit)
and you need unrefined goods production (say for GvG): you might work babel, lighthouse, st mark's, rain forest, etc
and you need refined goods production (say for goods to sell/trade): you can work chateau especially, but also seed vault, dynamic tower, and voyager
and you need population to support many barracks (say for siege/DAs for GvG): you can add a habitat and work that and inno tower further
and your game involves plundering your neighbors heavily: you might work atlantis, voyager

If on the other hand the GBs are the game to you, you can just keep running that arc whatever the cost and making marginal improvement on your sniping profits. When you do decide you'd like to dabble in something else you'll have the FP stockpile to run whatever else tickles your fancy.

I personally would not bother with running basil or deal castle with my experience of how few people even bother to attack in VF, but it's up to you if you think that's something you want. It won't make you any more efficient in general, but perhaps you have great satisfaction in watching the rare attacker bleed all over the battlefield.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36020

So i know this thread is quite old and hasnt been active , but i need advice.

I finally reached level 74 on my arc. I opted to stay the group approach just because there are very few big arcs on my world that give good ratio.

Each level has been taking extremely long though since we are only using collection fp. (200 a day or so)

At that estimate we have over a month left. Im just bored with the arc and want to get my city moving however.

I asked if we could speed it up by using some amount of inventory and best they would do is previous rounds reward. (Roughly 100 fp). That's not enough to speed it up. They can't really do anymore i guess because they havent been sniping as much as I. (I have roughly 6700 fp inventory for now.)

I guess what i am asking is, what should i do? Do i break from the group and go at my own pace? And if so do I 1.) Speed level to 80 and rebuild my fp inventory or 2.) Take it faster but not relying entirely on blowing through my inventory

Is there any benefit to either option?

Thanks for reading

Freshmeboy

This is what we talk about when we say the Arc is a slog...this is the difficult part. I see no reason to wait for your swap group. If you have the prints and want it done, do the math and self level that baby using your city produced fps. and whatever inventory you deem required. Find some new friends with Arc80 and send your Arc link to them when its ready. Yeah, its expensive...yeah it can burn your inventory....yeah it may cause some grumbling from your swap group. But if the game is not fun anymore, why play...?

DeletedUser36624

What exactly do you mean by "get my city moving"? Is there some kind of agreement that you won't level any other GB's or do anything else substantial in your city until the Arc is done? Why not just do whatever you would do when the Arc is done now?

DeletedUser36020

What exactly do you mean by "get my city moving"? Is there some kind of agreement that you won't level any other GB's or do anything else substantial in your city until the Arc is done? Why not just do whatever you would do when the Arc is done now?
Basically to start leveling my other buildings. As of now we have committed our daily collection to group. I suppose i could use inventory on that too, but not sure that's wise. I like to work on one thing at a time too, so having the arc hanging over my head is annoying

Emberguard

Basically to start leveling my other buildings. As of now we have committed our daily collection to group. I suppose i could use inventory on that too, but not sure that's wise. I like to work on one thing at a time too, so having the arc hanging over my head is annoying
Use your inventory to snipe positions within the hood. Whenever something lvls in your hood work out what your profit from it was. Use the profit margin as your "daily" swap thread income to lvl other things and re-invest the rest into more GBs.

Emberguard

Also why is the FP inventory they're willing to re-invest only 100 from previous round reward?

Lvl 73 1st is this (even 3rd is 210 base reward):
upload_2019-4-23_21-15-24.png

Are your group members only taking 4th and 5th?

DeletedUser36020

Also why is the FP inventory they're willing to re-invest only 100 from previous round reward?

Lvl 73 1st is this (even 3rd is 210 base reward):
View attachment 13567

Are your group members only taking 4th and 5th?
Yeah group is using big arcs on 1-3. I liked your idea in previous post. Ill try that out

Salsuero

Yeah group is using big arcs on 1-3. I liked your idea in previous post. Ill try that out

If the group you're in is swapping for 4th-5th, leave 'em behind and take care of things yourself. There's no reason to stay with a group that is holding you back other than sentimentalism, especially if it's just for the bottom reward spots. They don't need your help to finish... plenty of other people will eventually take those spots. You do you... I mean... why stick with them if it means the game isn't fun or enjoyable anymore? There's no point to that!