• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

Salsuero

I'd rather invest 60 FPs for 4 or 5 than 20 for 1.

Ok, but whatever wins you prints is the goal, right? So while you'd like to invest more for more, that may take longer to level and may be less common, or might be more competitive. There's no shame in winning one print. You only need 9. Get them any way you can, as fast as possible. What does it matter if you get 3 once or 1 three times as long as you get the prints you need? I fear you may be too picky with your strategy. Brute force it!

DeletedUser32824

Did a search for you, add these players to your friend list. Good luck:)
http://prntscr.com/i0j966
Thanks! I tried to add all of them, but some of them had full friends lists. Then I went full idiot and just searched progressive era and ended up adding people from all kinds of ages and now my friends list is a mess :(

Is there a reliable way to tell what era someone is in by those tables?

DeletedUser32824

What is anyone's suggestion on the daily/special quests? Some of them require completing like 20 15 min or 1hr or even 8 hour supplies. Up until now I've had a small group of blacksmiths planted where one of my GBs is going to go (until I complete it), but once that happens I will have 0 room in my city for that and will be left only with alchemists. Is it advisable to leave a group of alchemists for this purpose?

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

I was also going to hoard all my supplies and gold for the UBQ until I get a lvl 10 Chateau. Do you think that is advisable, or should I do them now so I could at least get the FPs from them (which might help level the chateau faster)

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

What is anyone's suggestion on the daily/special quests?

Do 'em if you can... skip 'em if you can't. Don't change your game for a daily challenge unless you really really REALLY want the reward.

I was also going to hoard all my supplies and gold for the UBQ until I get a lvl 10 Chateau. Do you think that is advisable

Always do the UBQ if you are regularly running through recurring quests. If it's just a one-off... well, it might not pay enough for a young town to afford it. But waiting until you have a level 10 CF? I don't have one (currently level 6, 100% bonus) and I've been doing them continuously since before I even had a CF. At a certain point, coins and supplies should not be a worry. That's when you might consider UBQs to be a no-brainer.

should I do them now so I could at least get the FPs from them (which might help level the chateau faster)

Don't use your own FP packs to level your CF (or any GB) unless you're at the point in the game where you don't think about FPs anymore. Use your collection, bar, relics, etc. and other people's FPs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29218

I'll try to adress the topics that have sprouted from pages 4-9 and I consider relevant enough (either to deepen the discussion or to clarify before misinformation spreads).

1. HMA vs Colonial
@Ozyman Tremble Weaklings @doardeproba and others

I've posted a summary of how I arrived to the conclusion that HMA is better than Colonial, it is in the newly made FAQ section (after all the annexes).
I made the numbers really fast so let me know if there are any mistakes (the old code got changed so much and that part wasn't working anymore).

2. This guide vs CR guide.
For the ones that arrived "late to the party" and for obvious reasons don't want to scroll a 50 pages thread. @gutmeister @Salsuero@JCera
This guide, as it is now, has VERY LITTLE to do with CR HQS guide.

I'll post the thoughts I had in different periods of time. It is unecessarily detailed, (read only if you are as bored as I am now). But I want to close this topic one and for all.
During my first day of gameplay, I did some research through google and wikia, and discovered RQ in bronze age quest looping in a blog as an explanation about "how to get free diamonds".
I tested it for a day, and decided it wasn't good because not being able to donate FP to other people GB's was too restrictive.
Then I advanced tech while doing some RQs, I guess that part of my gameplay was the same than anyone who knows about RQs. Nothing too brilliant, nothing to disgraceful.
I did that until HMA, where the research tree showed a 2x3 production building. I knew Colonial also had a 2x3 and more expansions, but I was superafraid to advance because I knew at some point produce 2x 24h quests become 4x 24h quests, and I didn't know when. And I had read about bonus quests, but the explanations where very confusing.
~1 week after being in HMA, I found CR thread. I was really happy to do so. I found someone who, on his own, developed a strategy that was similar to mine, but had more experience on it. I finally found a good explanation about bonus quests, and learnt that the 4x 24h quest are in Ind. Age (I think it was then?).
I commented on the things that had potential to be improved (or at least discussed). But you know how CR is, he only accepts fervent followers, and I am a person who likes to question everything.
I kept my distance from CR, but kept checking and participating in the thread. At the same time I did some numbers and tested some stuff, while my city was growing. And I keep doing so, until this day.

So, what do this guide and CR have in common? We both do RQ and we parked in an age but so does the 90% of the "advanced" player base.
What are the main differences?
1- I park in HMA, CR parks in Colonial. He eventually leaves Colonial when his GB are 10. I don't plan leave HMA until I need more space for terrace farms.

2- CR levels GB until lvl 10 because "past lvl 10 they are not efficient". This is very simplistic. I analyse GBs and lvls in a case by case basis, and advise to only level them when the ROI is high enough (this usually means having several GBs at low lvl until arc is done).

3- I advise to rush 80 arc as soon as posible (that is, as soon as you have a FP production that lets you finish it in a decent amount of days). We do not know the ultimate plan of CR, because he left the game before finishing the guide without saying a word. I have a feeling that he made a new account called Prisca the Friendly, but I might be too rash on him.

4- CR seems to consider RQ some sort of God, being the beginning and end of all. I use RQ only as a means of getting FP, and all the goods I'll ever need and more.

5- I do not seek believers. You can take whatever parts of the guide you want and adapt it to your circumstances. The world won't crumble if you do so, nor will I. My motivation is to share my experience with the ones that appreciate it, and hopefully spot some mistake in my strategic plan.

6- CR has tested and perfected his strategy with thousands and billions of guildmates... how can be 2 shens if only 7 million ppl in world?. I... am not that lucky. I have done lots of mistakes in my first "playthrough" (and I keep doing them). Obviously, I advise against my mistakes when I notice them.

7- For "benchmarks" of both strategies you can compare cities. Idk if CR has been deleted or not, but Prisca is around here making some friends. She started a bit earlier than me, bought diamonds to purchase around 50 SoKs and goods for Arc, IT, Museum, AO and I guess I'm missing some. Despite being a big spender, her "perfected version" has lower Fp producion than my "beta version".

If someone thinks I forgot something, feel free to mention it.

DeletedUser31440

HMAvs Colonial recurring quests:

Gather coins: 25k vs 100k (4x harder in Colonial)
SKW base gold production: 2.1k vs 4.2k (2x coins produced in Colonial)
SoKs and other coin buildings have similar ratios
Overall quest efficiency for gather coins: 2x in favour of HMA

Gather supplies + Produce 2x 24h supplies:
Produce 24h quests are equal in HMA and Colonial
But every 7th quest, in Colonial one can do an extra supplies quests
Overall quest efficiency for supply collection quests quests: 8/7= 1.14 in favour of Colonial

Gather supplies on other quests (2nd RQ slot):
On average you could complete 1 gather supply quests from supplies quest rewards from RQ slot #1 every 10.7 RQs. Because when near 110k some supplies are wasted, I'll work with 10 instead.
Overall quest efficiency for supply collection quests quests: 8/7= 1.1 in favour of Colonial

Space (land expansions in Colonial):
in HMA I have 61 expansions + 16 base = 77 land space. Lady Egwene thread suggests that you can get ahead in the continent map while in HMA to unlock more land expansions, but this has not been tested.
From HMA to Colonial there are 7 expansions in tech and 5 from continent map (according to wiki). That makes it 89 land expansions.
Overall quest efficiency for space: 89/77= 1.15 in favour of Colonial

UBQs: 8k coins + 8k supplies vs 25k coins + 30k supplies (3.125x coins, 3.75xsupplies harder in Colonial)
Alchemists/clockmakers base supplies production: 920 vs 1620 (1.76x supplies produced in Colonial)
SKW base gold production: 2.1k vs 4.2k (2x coins produced in Colonial)
Other buildings have similar ratios.
Overall quest efficiency for UBQ coins: 1.56x in favour of HMA
Overall quest efficiency for UBQ supplies: 2.13x in favour of HMA
Supplies is the limiting factor (althought not early game), so I'll assume a quest efficiency for UBQs of 2.13 in favour of HMA

Feedback UBQs: (UBQs that are being paid from "bad results" from other quets (coins and supplies)
in HMA the average returns of 1 UBQ is 0.26 (for both coins and supplies)
in Colonial the average returns of 1 UBQ is 0.2 for coins and 0.194 for supplies.
Overall quest efficiency for UBQ coins: 1.3x in favour of HMA
Overall quest efficiency for UBQ supplies: 1.34x in favour of HMA

Supplies is the limiting factor (althought not early game), so I'll assume a quest efficiency for UBQs of 1.34 in favour of HMA.

Spend FP: 38FP in HMA vs 53 in Colonial (wiki is wrong, has same FP listed in LMA and Colonial)
Overall quest efficiency for Spend FP: 1.4 in favour of HMA

Edit: Thanks @Stephen Longshanks and @LacLongQuan for clearing up my below misinformation.

Your thinking about how to use the second RQ slot in CA is inefficient. Have both slots set to the produce 2x and collect coins when doing your collections, that way you'll guarantee 2 quest completions per collection. Don't run UBQ's until after collection's are done, have the 2nd RQ slot at collect coins or supplies. I'd do all the UBQ's at the end of the day, spending down to a set value. During the day, after collections and pre-UBQ's, have both RQ spots at spend fp's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Your thinking about how to use the second RQ slot in CA is inefficient. Have both slots set to the produce 2x and collect coins when doing your collections, that way you'll guarantee 2 quest completions per collection. Don't run UBQ's until after collection's are done, have the 2nd RQ slot at collect coins or supplies. I'd do all the UBQ's at the end of the day, spending down to a set value. During the day, after collections and pre-UBQ's, have both RQ spots at spend fp's.
I am sure that you can't have both RQs set to the same quest. If one is on "Spend x FP", when you abort-cycle through the other RQ that quest won't show up. Same with the collect coins/supplies as well as all the others.

(The only exception I've seen is when you move up in age, and one is still set on the previous age and hasn't been fulfilled yet I believe I have had the previous and current era "collect coins" quests at the same time, but of course that would be a temporary one-time event.)

DeletedUser29218

Miscelanea
Thank you @doardeproba. From your messages, I think you know what you are talking about.

-Bare minimum of 80-100FP.
I agree with that minimum, but I also think it should be close to "the maximum". If you are producing 100FP, and have made the social agreements to start the 80 project, I see no reason to delay it.

-TOR Why lvl 3? I see that the growth of ToR with each lvl is very small, I would keep it lvl 1.

-lvl 10-80 How to trade FPs route.
I think it is good regarding BP, but there are some points that can be improved. We can talk about it once I finish that section, as I've delayed it again. There are several guildmates doing 10-80 now, and I want to see how they fare. Meanwhile, I'll quote your comment.

-I fail to see why do you keep some good buildings in the city you have a high CF. Mine is low and I have much more goods than I can spend. Is it because your guild is in a huge gvg war? And anyhow, you produce... 2-3k daily goods I would say? Do those from buildings make a difference?
Basically my point is: I have much more goods than I can use, I'd rather get a few extra FPs from RQ than a few more goods.

Post 80 arc GB leveling
I am in learning stage
@jobu523 @JCera and... everyone
I updated my city. Some lvls in IT made me able to fit all the TF I had.
I did some more research on FP generating GB. The top 3 who have the highest ROI are:
1-CC
2-IT
3-HS

Originally, I didn't mind having -50% penalisation due to happyness. I was only concerned about how could I advance with the quests that asked me to make my city happy. But there is a tabern boost for that!
However, after actually calculating the FP I lose from doing less UBQs, in my city HS > IT, until lvl ~65 (where the effectiveness of IT overpowers the loss of UBQs). For a city that doesn't make so many quests (one that has left HMA and Colonial) that breakpoint will come earlier.

So, right now I'm powerleveling Cape (but trying to collect twice, so I do 1-2 lvls a day) and HS (which I just started today). This seems to be the best course of action, but I can't help wondering if upgrading 30 lvls in a week for CC is better.

By the way, this doesn't help lol. You upgrade whatever lvl you feel like when you are bored!
Any of these will do after your arc 80, your choice:)
https://prnt.sc/i05kb7

There is something that has sort of ruined the game for me though. I liked this game because it had something different from all other strategy real time navigator games. It was truly an strategy game, not a game of "stay whole day connected attacking enemy cities". But, since my arc got to 80 and I joined a VIP group for arcs... it has turn into one. We move dozens of thousands FPs per day, I could spend 24h doing donate FPs RQs if I had the time and will.

This changed the way I see the game: why bother optimizing city layout and timing your productions when you could just do 1h of RQs and get much more?

For people who has come across this guide, but already has a city and is looking for guidance.
@gutmeister @amiar
What I write in this guide is suposed to be followed from beginning to end. This means, that if your city is advanced enough, some of the advices I give, even the core of the core (such as an early CF) might not apply to you. You need to understand the guide and the reasons why I did what I did, and see how/if these relate to you, or they don't relate at all.

I think this covers all. The next update will probably be the post 80 arc section, as this is what I'm working in now (for my own gameplay).

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

I am sure that you can't have both RQs set to the same quest. If one is on "Spend x FP", when you abort-cycle through the other RQ that quest won't show up. Same with the collect coins/supplies as well as all the others.

(The only exception I've seen is when you move up in age, and one is still set on the previous age and hasn't been fulfilled yet I believe I have had the previous and current era "collect coins" quests at the same time, but of course that would be a temporary one-time event.)

Gotcha, I haven't moved up to CA thought that you could double up on RQ's. I was basing that off of this post, but it looks like it is 2 different RQ's that have the same requirement.

Do quests, it is good for you:)
http://prntscr.com/ht2rx3

*Arturis*

Gotcha, I haven't moved up to CA thought that you could double up on RQ's. I was basing that off of this post, but it looks like it is 2 different RQ's that have the same requirement.
There is 3 with the same requirement, you collect 6 blacksmiths you get 3 quests done at once, so 2 blacksmith per quest.