• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

Salsuero

How have you missed their bickering? It has been in multiple threads for weeks.

I really don't pay attention to everyone's back and forth if it doesn't involve a thread I'm watching or a topic of interest. I only got dragged into this one because I was mentioned. :-/

Prisca started and HQS started 11 days apart. Can't remember who was first. P says she is ahead because of her overall GBs and era. HQS says he is ahead because his Arc is higher.

Basically- they have vastly different priorities, but Prisca demands she is so far ahead in nearly every post. HQS is wrong is every way in her eyes.

This feud has been aggravating and exhausting. And futile. Since players have different priorities, there are different ways to achieve success. They are apples and oranges, but bickering about who is best.

Thanks for that background. I am familiar with the exhausting nature of back and forth message feuds as I'm quite sure you have seen ;), so I appreciate the knowledge on this one. I'll ignore it.

DeletedUser29352

I don't think this is true. What's your definition of "ridiculously far ahead"? How long have you been playing? How many FPs do you collect from buildings alone per day? If two players start on the same day and one races up to ME to camp and the other stops at HMA to camp... I don't think there's going to be a "dramatic" difference in town quality. It might be a big harder to get some of the prints down in HMA, but not if you invest well. But I'd really like to know the answers to my questions because it will help me to have perspective on what you said.
We started within 10 days of one another. So I think that is a pretty valid basis for comparison. I would term 4,300,000 versus 3,500,000 ridiculously far ahead. Certainly if you want to compare great buildings, there’s no comparison. Goods no comparison. Need I go on? Our priorities are exactly the same JCera. Sorry if It bothers your fragile psyche.

DeletedUser31592

We started within 10 days of one another. So I think that is a pretty valid basis for comparison. I would term 4,300,000 versus 3,500,000 ridiculously far ahead. Certainly if you want to compare great buildings, there’s no comparison. Goods no comparison. Need I go on? Our priorities are exactly the same JCera. Sorry if It bothers your fragile psyche.

No, your priorities are not exactly the same. That can be told by the fact that you prioritized different buildings and eras, and I'm sure a whole lot more.

No fragile psyche here. Just a low tolerance for braggarts with a lot of self importance. Especially vocal antagonistic ones.

DeletedUser29352

Well I don’t tolerate fools easily, but I will entertain you nonetheless. No we followed the exact same strategy – Cosmic ravens. HQS parked in HMA and I parked in CA. The only difference is that he thought he had a better way than CR and I largely followed CR. I’m not a braggart per se, but I can’t help but point out that his so-called strategy is deeply flawed and much worse than the one that he is deviating from. I did choose to develop the great buildings that work symbiotically first before bringing my Arc to level 80, but that is just another instance where HQS went astray.

DeletedUser31440

No we followed the exact same strategy – Cosmic ravens.
The only difference is that he thought he had a better way than CR and I largely followed CR.

I truly hope that you are smart enough to realize that this means you didn't follow the same strategy or prioritize your builds the same. You've just proven:
No, your priorities are not exactly the same. That can be told by the fact that you prioritized different buildings and eras, and I'm sure a whole lot more.

DeletedUser29352

That may be the silliest thing I’ve ever read. Congratulations. By your definition, anyone that levels one great building before another is following a different strategy. Well done. But yes, I am saying don’t listen to this charlatan because his advice is faulty.

DeletedUser31440

That may be the silliest thing I’ve ever read. Congratulations. By your definition, anyone that levels one great building before another is following a different strategy. Well done. But yes, I am saying don’t listen to this charlatan because his advice is faulty.

So I guess you're going to conveniently not mention that he chose to stay in HMA instead of pushing to CA, prioritized fp producing buildings over production buildings, sniping over plundering, leaving LoA and other GB's at low levels to funnel more fp's into the Arc, and I'm sure several other things that obviously don't mean he chose a different playing style with different priorities?

DeletedUser31498

I love a good back and forth! I mean I think Prisca is correct depending on how broad we coin "stategy." The general strategfy is to camp somewhere, do RQs, and build up GBs. Is that right? They chose different ages, different GBs to prioritize and when to stop levelling one and moving to another, but in the scheme of strategy, i think they are doing very similar things?

And then the real question is what is the objective?? To have the most points by 2020? 2018? "Best" city by those dates? Obviously power leveling Arc you're going to have worse other GBs, with the FP investment paying off later. So comparing points now is silly, since I assume moving ahead now gives one way more points than levelling Arc now, and moving later. Prisca is obviously making way more valuable goods from her GBs/RQs being in a higher age, so the question is at the time when they are both in the same age, was waiting in HMA worth it??

It's super interesting, but comparing straight points now is silly, obviously.

DeletedUser29352

So I guess you're going to conveniently not mention that he chose to stay in HMA instead of pushing to CA, prioritized fp producing buildings over production buildings, sniping over plundering, leaving LoA and other GB's at low levels to funnel more fp's into the Arc, and I'm sure several other things that obviously don't mean he chose a different playing style with different priorities?
I would be happy to mention all of the above. Yes, he is utterly foolish to park in HMA and try to do reoccurring quests with his tiny city and one slot. His city is less efficient because he failed to level his CF and added FP buildings to his tiny city instead of more production buildings. He should be sniping and plundering, the laggart. Failing to level his other GBs while leveling his Arc was his biggest mistake. This isn’t a case of having different priorities. It is a case of making bad choices. That is why he is so far behind. Notice he doesn’t say, my Arc is more than double yours any more. Now it is, well it is still 20% ahead.

DeletedUser29352

I love a good back and forth! I mean I think Prisca is correct depending on how broad we coin "stategy." The general strategfy is to camp somewhere, do RQs, and build up GBs. Is that right? They chose different ages, different GBs to prioritize and when to stop levelling one and moving to another, but in the scheme of strategy, i think they are doing very similar things?

And then the real question is what is the objective?? To have the most points by 2020? 2018? "Best" city by those dates? Obviously power leveling Arc you're going to have worse other GBs, with the FP investment paying off later. So comparing points now is silly, since I assume moving ahead now gives one way more points than levelling Arc now, and moving later. Prisca is obviously making way more valuable goods from her GBs/RQs being in a higher age, so the question is at the time when they are both in the same age, was waiting in HMA worth it??

It's super interesting, but comparing straight points now is silly, obviously.
I agree that points are meaningless, but will he ever catch up? Let’s say we each hit 35 goods quests a day. For him that is 350 HMA goods. For me that is 490 ME goods. Which is equal to15,680 HMA goods. Every single day, I get an extra 15,000 goods. I started selling PE goods when I was in CA. I doubt he has any PE goods.

Do you know how many FPs I get every day just from plundering my neighbors? A palace set pays 5 or 10 FPs. Having a lvl 10 CoA, lvl 7 AO and a lvl 9 Atlantis helps. He doesn’t have any of those buildings. My neighbors have palace sets and cherry blossom sets, etc. His neighbors used to have them, but they have all moved to higher levels. Sure, his lvl 76 Arc gives him an extra .08% bonus over my Arc, but that differential will be ending soon.

Salsuero

I would be happy to mention all of the above. Yes, he is utterly foolish to park in HMA and try to do reoccurring quests with his tiny city and one slot. His city is less efficient because he failed to level his CF and added FP buildings to his tiny city instead of more production buildings. He should be sniping and plundering, the laggart. Failing to level his other GBs while leveling his Arc was his biggest mistake. This isn’t a case of having different priorities. It is a case of making bad choices. That is why he is so far behind. Notice he doesn’t say, my Arc is more than double yours any more. Now it is, well it is still 20% ahead.

To what end? Where is the failure? What is it that he is not doing that you are doing more successfully? I'm not following what the base argument is of how you have him "beat". And you didn't tell me how many days you've been playing when I asked. Could you please answer that?

Sure, his lvl 76 Arc gives him an extra .08% bonus over my Arc

That math is actually impossible. The Arc increases by 0.5% per level in the range he's in. Even if you had a level 75 Arc, the bonus would be at least that much higher than yours. Even above level 80 it would still be more than 0.08% at 0.1%.

DeletedUser29352

To what end? Where is the failure? What is it that he is not doing that you are doing more successfully? I'm not following what the base argument is of how you have him "beat". And you didn't tell me how many days you've been playing when I asked. Could you please answer that?

That math is actually impossible. The Arc increases by 0.5% per level in the range he's in. Even if you had a level 75 Arc, the bonus would be at least that much higher than yours. Even above level 80 it would still be more than 0.08% at 0.1%.

I have been playing 11 days longer than HQS. Both of us started in time for the Cherry Blossom event. I don’t think the math is quite so hard even though I managed to mistake it. The multiplier on my Arc is 1.80. The multiplier on his Arc is 1.88. Both of our Arcs go up by .5% each level. There is a huge difference between an Arc with a 1.8 multiplier and an Arc with a 1.9 multiplier. But his Arc and my Arc will each have a 1.9 multiplier very soon. So no advantage there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29352

No, not at all. A little money spent wisely goes a long way in this game. I spent most of the game with 6 SoKs. I got the majority in the 1st 2-3 day of the summer event before they fixed the wheel. Smart play. Sorry to disappoint.

Salsuero

No, not at all. A little money spent wisely goes a long way in this game. I spent most of the game with 6 SoKs. I got the majority in the 1st 2-3 day of the summer event before they fixed the wheel. Smart play. Sorry to disappoint.

Ok, well I don't believe you. 61 SoKs in three quarters of a year... and 8 Rogue Hideouts? Nope. I also played the summer event this year. There was no "fix" that was needed that would've allowed you to get 50+ SoKs and all those Rogue Hideouts in the first 2-3 days without spending a good amount of real money since you wouldn't have been able to spin the wheel even remotely enough times without having tons of spins available -- specifically not that early in the event. To be clear, I see nothing wrong with spending money in this game, but doing so puts you on an independently different playing field than those who don't. There can be no comparison of "progress" or "betterness" when one or more players being compared is spending cash to get there. So I guess this is as far as I can go with this conversation. Good luck!

Last edited:

DeletedUser29352

I don’t care if you believe me or not. And I have had the wheel debate. I have gotten SoKs every event, but a disproportionate amount of SoKs in those two days. I may have got 1 or 2 hideouts? And if you haven’t figured out how to get all of the high-level goods you want for a moderate investment of say 1500 diamonds, then you’re not thinking very hard. My guess is that you’re not as smart as you think you are.

PS. Little tip for you sport – did you know you can buy diamonds in event sales and get hefty rewards and not spend them? I have been living off of those for six months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

I don’t care if you believe me or not.

I doubt that. If this were true, you wouldn't have responded.

And if you haven’t figured out how to get all of the high-level goods you want for a moderate investment of say 1500 diamonds, then you’re not thinking very hard.

But I have all the high-age goods I need without spending diamonds. So again... you are not comparable when you spend money and others do not... because I have arguably done more than you to get where I have without spending money. Not comparable. I have several higher-age GBs in HMA... some I got as early as Iron Age. I paid no cash for diamonds to get them. Sorry... but you are no better than the rest of us. You just spend money to get there faster. That's fine, but don't act superior because of it.

My guess is that you’re not as smart as you think you are.

And you base this on what exactly? Your gut instinct? Assumptions? Good luck with that.

PS. Little tip for you sport – did you know you can buy diamonds in event sales and get hefty rewards and not spend them? I have been living off of those for six months.

Oh really? No, I had no idea big spender! Thanks for the tip, but I don't need to buy diamonds to be good at this game. Some folks do. That's fine. Some folks think that buying diamonds to advance quicker means they are better than the next guy. I'm not one of those people. Clearly you are.