• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser31440

I would be happy to mention all of the above. Yes, he is utterly foolish to park in HMA and try to do reoccurring quests with his tiny city and one slot. His city is less efficient because he failed to level his CF and added FP buildings to his tiny city instead of more production buildings. He should be sniping and plundering, the laggart. Failing to level his other GBs while leveling his Arc was his biggest mistake. This isn’t a case of having different priorities. It is a case of making bad choices. That is why he is so far behind. Notice he doesn’t say, my Arc is more than double yours any more. Now it is, well it is still 20% ahead.

How can you not see that what you think of as a bad choice is actually just a different priority? All choices are reflection upon the priorities that we set, for him those were in your mind bad choices, but that doesn't change the fact that those were his choices and his strategy. If you can admit that then you should be able to see that he isn't following the same strategy. I'm not arguing with you over who's strategy has been more successful, personally I think watching you two battle it out over that question is entirely too fun to interfere with. I just want to make it clear to anyone else, and hopefully to you too, that you two are not following the same strategy.

DeletedUser31498

How can you not see that what you think of as a bad choice is actually just a different priority? All choices are reflection upon the priorities that we set, for him those were in your mind bad choices, but that doesn't change the fact that those were his choices and his strategy. If you can admit that then you should be able to see that he isn't following the same strategy. I'm not arguing with you over who's strategy has been more successful, personally I think watching you two battle it out over that question is entirely too fun to interfere with. I just want to make it clear to anyone else, and hopefully to you too, that you two are not following the same strategy.

Second that I love watching the battle, but how you do you not think they're following a very similar strategy. HQS leveled Arc sooner, and Prisca went up on tech sooner. Other than that, they both RQ and through HMA likely had very similar cities.

I mean there are differences, but certainly I would say they're following a very similar strategy. Everyone seems to hate Prisca, but she does seem to be way ahead? Producing higher era goods does seem to be worth a lot, though if she's selling them that would be reflected in the GB totals.

DeletedUser31440

Second that I love watching the battle, but how you do you not think they're following a very similar strategy. HQS leveled Arc sooner, and Prisca went up on tech sooner. Other than that, they both RQ and through HMA likely had very similar cities.

That is true, but the deviations between the two are enough that I don't believe they can be considered the same strategy. There are enough core facets of their game that are different that you can't, in my mind, consider them the same, similar yes but not the same.

DeletedUser31498

That is true, but the deviations between the two are enough that I don't believe they can be considered the same strategy. There are enough core facets of their game that are different that you can't, in my mind, consider them the same, similar yes but not the same.
I mean semantics, but ok. The point is to determine which city is "better," and hence which path one would be better off following. Prisca seems to be well ahead?

But there are tons of other factors aside from days played, like how much/day obviously.

Relevant for me bc I'm camping in Iron age, so I'm probably wasting a lot of time there given I can easily move to HMA and likely still complete GE and not get plundered.

DeletedUser31440

I mean semantics, but ok. The point is to determine which city is "better," and hence which path one would be better off following. Prisca seems to be well ahead?

But there are tons of other factors aside from days played, like how much/day obviously.

Relevant for me bc I'm camping in Iron age, so I'm probably wasting a lot of time there given I can easily move to HMA and likely still complete GE and not get plundered.

Quick analogy for what I'm saying, not to delve into the specific differences of my analogy or HQS and Prisca's playing styles:

Both players are Christians (RQ'ers); one is a Catholic (strict adherance to CR's version of HQS) the other player is a Baptist (generally follows a heavy questing playstyle but made significant changes to favor fp production over quantity of RQ's). Do these two people follow the same exact religion?

DeletedUser32740

Congrats, Dulahan. I admit I was surprised to see a beginner figuring all this stuff out. This guide can definitely work. What I want to do in this post is to try to put it into a big picture perspective. Just like my post in CR's thread, everything I say here will be based on the fact that our city is in a decently populated world older than 12-18 months.

1. Why build the Arc?
(Dulahan basically covered this, but I want it to be clear)

- It allows you to snipe other peoples gbs for a profit of hundreds of fps per week.
- You can donate with the max 1.9 bonus to people who want it. This allows you to:
  • make a tiny profit (optional).
  • farm medals. In the first month or so of having an 80 arc you should unlock all the medal expansions.
  • farm blueprints for buildings that you will want to take beyond lvl 10.
  • do donate fp quests. If you have a large stockpile of fps and activly seek out people to donate to their buildings, you can do 100-300 quests per day.
- You can attract swap partners with lvl 80 arc to level your other buildings. Never raise any other building past lvl 10 if you do not have the max arc. You will be hemorrhaging forge points.

Without a lvl 80 arc you're playing 50% of this game.

2. When should you start leveling the arc?

Taking your arc to lvl 80 is a long, grueling grind, but one that you must go though to fully enjoy this game. It usually takes between 3 and 6 months.

Things that you need before you start:
  • at least 80-100 fps production per day. This is the bare minimum. I would recommend over 150 pf/day, but you can start with 80 and it will naturaly grow when you add new buildings and start to snipe with your leveling arc.
  • 3 reliable long term partners with similar level arcs (more on this in chaper 3)
  • a city ready to start a long farming period. If you're following CR's heavy questing, this means you must have your snowball great buildings raised to the desired levels. See my post in his thread.
  • a good guild with several 80 arcs willing to help (you can supplement with people in the friends list)
  • a few levels already unlocked past level 10; the more the better

Based on individual playstyle, city status and game world status, there are several ages you can park in to level your arc:
  • High medieval age (see chapter 4).
  • Colonial age (see chapter 4).
  • Modern age - considerably less fps from questing, but more space for special buildings and goods you can actually sell.
  • Contemporary age - even less questing, bigger danger of you getting sniped, but more valuable goods (which you can trade down and sell), easy neighbours to snipe and insanely easy GE (you have two overpowered units to battle your way to 64/48 with negligible casualties).
  • Future age - most sought after goods in most servers (they're needed for the arc), more questing, but less sniping opportunities and even bigger danger of you getting sniped.

Chosing the age is really up to the player.

3. How do you level the arc?
We will assume we already have a lvl 10 arc and the reader is familiar with basic swaps.

The most efficient way is with a 4 man partnership. You each donate x, x-10 and x-20 to one another (plus the contribution rewards).
Levels 11-22: You take 1st, 2nd and 3rd place from one another (~ 1-2 months).
Levels 23-36: You take 3rd, 4th and 5th place from one another. 1st and 2nd place are given to people with max bonus (1.9) who are willing to help (~ 1 month).
Levels 37-73: The partnership is split in 3 and everyone will have 2 partners. You take 4th and 5th place from one another. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place are given to people with max bonus (1.9) who are willing to help (~ 1 month)
Levels 74-80: The partnership is rejoined. You take 3rd, 4th and 5th place from one another. 1st and 2nd place are given to people with max bonus (1.9) who are willing to help (~ 1-2 months).
You will never lack blueprints.

Tips:
-
Along with your daily swap of fps, you should donate all the fps you get from eachother's buildings. If you all decide you want to increase your fps inventory to start donating to people as soon as you get close to lvl 80, then you can ignore the bonus your arcs give and just give back the basic contribution reward.
- There are some levels (arround 40-50 and 60-70) where it's more efficient to give all 5 positions to lvl 80 arcs and complete the level yourself. It's up to you if it's worth it to temporary remove yourself from this arrangement or not.
- Levels 30-60 are very easy. Try to do more than one a day. Levels 44-51 can be done in a single day with few fps spent.
- The hardest levels are 11-25 and 71-80. Try to sell everything you have in stock to speed things up.
- Guard your arc like a hawk. From lvl 30 onward the arc is a prime target for snipers. Suggestions:
  • Arrange your town so that the arc can be easily removed from the road system whenever you want without influecing any other building.
  • Never unlock a new level unless you need to; some levels can be sniped from the very start.
  • All 4 partners should collect at the same time, so they can donate at the same time.
  • For levels that can be done in 1 day: unlock the level, ask for help from lvl80 arcs, ask your partners to donate everything, then close the level; do the same thing the next day.
  • For levels that can be done in 2 days: unlock the level, ask for help from lvl80 arcs, ask your partners to donate 2 days worth of fps + the rewards and then close it; take a 1 day break and do the same thing the next day (since there are 4 of you with similar levels, you can close 2 arcs one day and 2 arcs the next).
  • Keep your arc disconnected from the road system when - for whatever reason - it is in danger of being sniped for a large profit.
- Buy FE goods with fps. Trade them down and sell progressive, modern or postmodern goods for a profit. You need guildmates and friends from these ages. AF and OF goods are often hard to trade down. It varies from world to world.
- Once you start leveling the arc, DO NOT STOP. Make this your only priority. Use all your forge points and all your goods. This is an enormous investment and if you get sidetracked, you'll lose heavily.
- Mistakes will happen. You and your partners will fuck up several times in several ways. Don't get mad and don't play the blaming game. Just move on, take the loss and continue. Encourage others to so the same.

4. High Medieval Age vs Colonial Age debate

I will assume the reader is doing some form of CR's heavy questing, since these threads are intertwined.

HMA:​
- To reach CA you have to spend arround 1400 fps that can be used on the arc.
- Dulahan's calculations say you can do more quests in this age, but he did not take into consideration a few factors which can influence the results. Plus, the difference is not that big. But the fair thing to do is to leave his point here until someone proves him wrong.
- Weaker neighbours

CA:​
- More space for a more efficient city. You can still maintain a decent production of goods from quests if you plant fps production buildings. The more space you have, the more efficient this balance becomes. Thus, more forge points / day.
- Far more medals from quests. Until your arc has a decent level, a lot of your medals will come from quests.
- More gold and supplies in total. You will need to spend a lot of time in the age you park to level the arc, so it's a good idea to use that time to stockpile supplies for future eras. CA is more efficient in this regard.
- You have space to place the Alcatraz and not effect the overall city production that much. Again, you will spend a lot of time in the age you choose, so using that time to produce rogues with the alc is a good idea. You will need thousands of rogues later on.
- The goods you produce are a bit less worthless. You can trade them up for industrial, then progressive goods (which you can keep or sell). Maybe you can even sell them for 4-6 fps / 100 goods.
- Easier to find a top guild. Some top guilds may not accept a player who parks in HMA, but may accept one in CA.
- More snipping oportunities (players in colonial generaly have more GBs)

Conclusion: CA is more efficient overall. Even if you can finish lvl 80 a few weeks earlier in HMA (I doubt it), it's not worth it.

This is all for now. I will update this post when time permits.
I won't talk about the details of Dulahan's guide because, like I said at the beginning, it can work as is. I won't nitpick.
One little thing bugs me though:
1- Never ever build any goods building (except if a quests ask you to do so, then proceed to sell it lol). Goods should be produced by recurring quests, not goods buildings. Doesn't matter what age are you in.
This is not true. From industrial age onward, standard goods producion becomes more and more efficient compared to "produce 2 x" quests and UBQs. Dulahan's statement is only valid for ages up to and including colonial.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27184

This is not true. From industrial age onward, standard goods producion becomes more and more efficient compared to "produce 2 x" quests and UBQs. Dulahan's statement is only valid for ages up to and including colonial.
If you park in high enough era, and make sure your CF is level 10 (or more), and all your city is build around it (RaH and such), you can produce a lot of goods. At this point you rely much less on the "produce 2 x" (which turn to 5 or 6 x), but more on the FP quests (especially as arc leveler, you do tons of those), coin quests (you should have a few SoK and SSW by then). Bottom line - you should produce through the CF at least 200, if not 300 goods a day. And especially in CE, you leave all your unrefined goods unused (from the GB's), so you can sell those too. This is the double pot.
So yes, if your city is young, the goods buildings helps a lot. But if you park in a high era, and hopefully your city is solid by then, the CF farming is better. And for CF farming you need the space for supplies (not for the quests, just to support the UBQ's which is quite pricey).

DeletedUser32740

@jobu523
I never compared CF farming with goods buildings. I compared ”produce 2x” quests and UBQs to goods buildings.
Questing with a high level CF is always going to be more efficient, since you'll have a lvl 80 arc by then and can do a lot of "donate fps" quests. And even then, you should build goods buildings because they are more efficient than supply buildings and most other buildings. I make thousands of goods / day with my lvl 70 CF, but I still spam goods buildings in my city because you can never have too many goods.

DeletedUser31498

Stupid question I presume, but I'm in Iron, where I've been for all 4 months of my playing. Have lowish level CF, LoA, CDM, HS, Zeus, Traz (one rogue hideout), ToR, Capitol (covers all my pop needs), and level 10 Arc.

I intended to research a tech to move into EMA, and soon after HMA but winter event s*cked, and Forge Ball event is so amazing I don't even need to.

I have room for all the SSW/SOK/TerraceF I own, but ideally would place more GBs, SMB I guess, FoD?, etc. and have 12 goods buildings, which I use to trade 2:1 for progressive goods with someone and sell to my hood usually.

Am I definitely wrong for not moving up to HMA? GE is super easy for me in Iron, not sure how different HMA is. Also I RQ probably 40 times a day? Mostly spend FP since only costs 15 and I'll often drop a couple hundred and UBQ on the round trip, with a couple supply/coin ones tossed in.

Thanks for advice!

DeletedUser31440

Stupid question I presume, but I'm in Iron, where I've been for all 4 months of my playing. Have lowish level CF, LoA, CDM, HS, Zeus, Traz (one rogue hideout), ToR, Capitol (covers all my pop needs), and level 10 Arc.

I intended to research a tech to move into EMA, and soon after HMA but winter event s*cked, and Forge Ball event is so amazing I don't even need to.

I have room for all the SSW/SOK/TerraceF I own, but ideally would place more GBs, SMB I guess, FoD?, etc. and have 12 goods buildings, which I use to trade 2:1 for progressive goods with someone and sell to my hood usually.

Am I definitely wrong for not moving up to HMA? GE is super easy for me in Iron, not sure how different HMA is. Also I RQ probably 40 times a day? Mostly spend FP since only costs 15 and I'll often drop a couple hundred and UBQ on the round trip, with a couple supply/coin ones tossed in.

Thanks for advice!

I think it depends on how much time you can invest in the city. I've got an IA city with level 6 Arc and CF that works really well when I have the time to go through my hood and friends for sniping opportunities. If I don't have time though my fp production tanks, for me going up to HMA in the next few weeks outweighs the benefits of IA's low UBQ cost and spend fp cost. If I had an extra hour/day to spend on the city though I'd stay in IA, so many self levelled OoD and very little sniping competition.

*Arturis*

Thanks for advice!
Do the fp required while you locking other people GB, do it late at night so you don't get snipped in the middle.

DeletedUser31308

3. How do you level the arc?
We will assume we already have a lvl 10 arc and the reader is familiar with basic swaps.

The most efficient way is with a 4 man partnership. You each donate x, x-10 and x-20 to one another.
Levels 11-22: You take 1st, 2nd and 3rd place from one another (~ 1-2 months).
Levels 23-36: You take 3rd, 4th and 5th place from one another. 1st and 2nd place are given to people with max bonus (1.9) who are willing to help (~ 1 month).
Levels 37-73: The partnership is split and you'll have 2 partners. You take 4th and 5th place from one another. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place are given to people with max bonus (1.9) who are willing to help (~ 1 month)
Levels 74-80: The partnership is rejoined. You take 3rd, 4th and 5th place from one another. 1st and 2nd place are given to people with max bonus (1.9) who are willing to help (~ 1-2 months).
You will never lack blueprints.

How would you alter this for a new world? I'm following this strategy in Yorkton, a world that is currently 74 days old (and I started on day 1). My Arc is lvl 9, and is #32 GB in the server at this moment. The highest Arc in the game is level 12. I make 114 FP/day including quests but not including the FP returned from donations. (Using Dulahan's method, I calculated 169 fp/day if I did include those, but I've not validated that number with data yet). As I focus on my Arc, I'm sure my Arc will be within a few levels of the top Arc, so there are not going to be any helpful lvl 80 peoples to give 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Is it still a good idea to fracture the group? Or just keep a group of 4 all the way through?

DeletedUser31308

Self-level. Become the top Arc dog.

Self leveling isn't sustainable, I wouldn't get enough prints to keep going.

And alas, though my field of 40 SoKs is beautiful, I'm in competition with multiple peoples who have fields of 100 SoKs that are even more beautiful than mine.

DeletedUser29352

HQS followed Cosmic Raven with some substantial deviations — all bad choices. I followed Cosmic Raven with few deviations. I was in Colonial 3 weeks ago. So I really haven’t emphasized tech until recently. He thinks he has found a better way, but he hasn’t. He ignores the power of the 2nd quest, value of goods, city size and points from neighbors. That said, my Arc is only 62.

DeletedUser31440

HQS followed Cosmic Raven with some substantial deviations — all bad choices. I followed Cosmic Raven with few deviations. I was in Colonial 3 weeks ago. So I really haven’t emphasized tech until recently. He thinks he has found a better way, but he hasn’t. He ignores the power of the 2nd quest, value of goods, city size and points from neighbors. That said, my Arc is only 62.

Does this mean that you are now acknowledging that you two aren't following the same strategy?

DeletedUser29352

Wow. I didn’t see Doard’s post. He said it all perfectly. I spammed goods building in Industrial and PE, but I switched back to supply for ME.

DeletedUser31440

Wow. I didn’t see Doard’s post. He said it all perfectly.

Did you mean to post that previous post with a dupe account?

Edit: Disregard, you quoted your post but are talking about a post about half way up this page, I think although that post is talking about using goods buildings?