• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Early in the game, guild hopping for BPS is very Tedious. Any Recommendations?

DeletedUser40527

then maybe I'm doing it wrong. I let the computer auto choose which object to aid. I never choose per person. WOuld that negatively impact me?
I just choose "aid". You can't polish or motivate a GB I don't think. I was guild hopping in bronze for a while. I have BPs from many different ages now.

I just choose "aid".
i aways do auto.

The two of you may auto aid, but that doesn't really help Tunka Manin with an informed answer. Of course you can auto aid and get bps. And get them from the ages you want when you get lucky. But if you visit the cities of your friends and neighbors, and choose to aid a building of the age from which you need a bp, you have a better chance of getting a bp from that age.

Algona

The two of you may auto aid, but that doesn't really help Tunka Manin with an informed answer. Of course you can auto aid and get bps. And get them from the ages you want when you get lucky. But if you visit the cities of your friends and neighbors, and choose to aid a building of the age from which you need a bp, you have a better chance of getting a bp from that age.

Which is wonderful advice except when Guild Hopping. Way too slow, the goal is to jam as many Aids as fast as possible: you want a Tommy gun, not a Springfield.

DeletedUser

I only guild hop in the Bronze Age, and only to get enough FPs, BPs, and coins/supplies to be able to join a guild that I will stick with. I know others guild hop for much longer, but it does not interest me to do so. Being in a friendly, fun guild is part of why I like FOE.

· My personal benefits are: 1) I get gold for P/M’ing buildings; 2) I can trade for goods I need; 3) I can get more BPs; 4) I complete the Recurring coin Quest for coins multiple times, winning me supplies, coins, FPs and BPs. Every 90 aids you complete yields an award of BP, FP, supplies or coins; 5) I also build a lot of Blacksmiths, to complete the ‘Helmet collection’ recurring quest each day

· For the guild, the advantages might be: 1) I come in and polish/motivate everyone's buildings, which increases your returns for that P/M building. That helps everyone in the guild earn a bit more. 2) I also take any trades I can, which helps clear trades in your guild more quickly.

· Guild hopping is my short-term strategy to get up and running so that I can join and contribute to a guild fairly quickly. Of course, other players have different styles, and how/if they guild hop will vary a lot. Reading posts from experienced players really has helped me to learn which strategies are likely to be most fun/enjoyable.

· One plus for me of guild hopping was to check out various guilds, to find ones that are possibly a good match for my playing style. That’s how I found 3 of the 4 guilds I’m currently a long-term (1 year plus) member of.