1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Easier adding FP's on GB's

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by opry, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falconwing

Falconwing Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Player Joe just click the 10 fp button twice? This is for people adding 1000's of fp's.

I don't like this proposal, I think a 100 fp button is a better and more likely option.

Lancer likes this.
  2. Sgt. Bothari

Sgt. Bothari FOE Team Co-Community Manager

[​IMG]

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  3. Darth Mole

Darth Mole Well-Known Member

It's your job to disagree with whatever the proposal is.

However I'm a +1

4. HtebazilEAB

HtebazilEAB Active Member

+1

I am in group swaps that have 3 FP and 5FP and a few others, and I also agree that if someone is going to make a mistake then they aren't careful enough.

5. Pythagoras 1290 The Dire

Pythagoras 1290 The Dire Well-Known Member

Maybe, if there was a confirmation box before the FPs were added.

There are countless ways this could go wrong, I can already see the possible issues in guild swap and 1.80/90 threads where people would add too many FPs by mistake. Good luck telling someone they should be more careful when they add 500 FPs instead of 50 and demand a refund. A guild leader's nightmare.

6. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Someone has to look at the bigger picture. Most go for +1 if they think it will make the game easier and never look at the possible pitfalls.

UBERhelp1, Crollito and Algona like this.
  7. Volodya

Volodya Well-Known Member

8. ansonukrbatko

ansonukrbatko New Member

Completely agree to the suggestion. I swapped 3,000 FPs and it took my a WHILE to get it done. Just replace the tab for the "Whole bar" with a new tab like was done in donating to the treasury.
    If you make a mistake then that is your problem. I've committed mistakes, but I don't blame the developers for my fat fingers or the bourbon I was drinking at the time. :)

Mike Zander likes this.
  9. Amyality the Relentless

Amyality the Relentless Active Member

It's not quite that simple. What about when your mistake flips your friend or guild mate's gb? Or when your mistake locks out 3 -5 so guild mates lose out on bps and medals? Or when your mistake happens while you and a guild mate are adding at the same time and you rob them of 1st while they have already added a couple hundred fps over 2nd? If your mistake only negatively impacted you, then so be it. You would have to live with it. But I don't want your mistake impacting me.

10. opry

opry New Member

So in my opinion things are like this:
    - even now peoples make mistakes, adding with 10, 20 or more on a GB.
    - even now 2 peoples can add FP's in the same time, and one of them will lose FP's.
    - even now people by mistake level up your GB by mistake (this happened with my GB's twice in this week).
    Maybe another possible solution will be a 100 FP's button, like someone said here.
    But in my opinion something has to be done because when you have to add 1000, 2000, 3000+ FP's it takes some time, especially when you add them from a PC.

11. kouldbeme

kouldbeme Member

In favor of this. Pushing the 10 button 50 times is a bit much. Limit it to large amounts only, enter your pin to verify, Inno suggest one last chance, once entered there is no changing of mind.

12. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Well-Known Member

Why would your password be needed? That is only used for signing in and deleting worlds.

13. True592

True592 Member

14. Lancer

Lancer Forum Moderator

If any option would be implemented, I like that option best of all. Just adding the additional 100 fp button, then for those times where you have to add 2000 fps, just hit that button 20 times.

Salsuero likes this.
  15. Mike Zander

Mike Zander New Member

+1, I definitely want this. For those saying people will type stuff in wrong, I say "So what?" You type in 2000 instead of 200 when you donate goods to your guild, your tough luck. Same should apply here. Once you do it once, you'll never make the same mistake again. :)
    Plus, it would be self limiting in the sense that you can't donate more than you have and you can't put more on a GB than the current level has left.

16. Mike Zander

Mike Zander New Member

I would also support a 100 FP button, but I think this is a superior solution. Also saw a comment about how this would make sniping easier. I agree, but I'm not sure I see why that's a problem.

17. Mike Zander

Mike Zander New Member

Mistakes happen. They'll happen whether there's a "add amt in field" button or not. If your mistake affects me, then I either think it's no big deal, or I expect you to make it right. That's the case regardless of the interface. Somebody loses you FPs, it's an easy fix even if it will take a while. They can give you FPs. They can let you have first on the next GB that should be their slot. If someone is unwilling to make it right, don't work with them. Beyond than that, it's a game- don't let it ruin a friendship or anything because somebody posted too many FPs to a building.

18. Amyality the Relentless

Of course mistakes happen. It's an inevitable fact of life. But my reply was addressing a specific comment made by a previous poster: "If you make a mistake then that is your problem." Well, in this situation I it is not just "your" problem. And why is this a valid reason to support this proposal? Mistakes happen anyway...let's make it easier to make more of them? That's not a very good arguement at all. :rolleyes:

19. Mike Zander

Mike Zander New Member

I'm not saying I support the proposal BECAUSE mistakes would be easier to make, I'm saying I support the proposal DESPITE the fact that mistakes would be easier to make. That is, I don't care that it makes them easier to make because it also makes it so I don't have to click the +10 button 300 times when I'm donating to a high level GB. As to whose problem it is, sure it's not just YOUR problem if you affected someone else, but that's true of lots of mistakes. To put it more directly- even if someone uses the button incorrectly and costs me FPs/medals/BPs, I'd still rather have the option to use the button than it not exist. I'll work with the person who made the mistake to come to a fair solution if they are willing, and if they are not willing, well that's a cheap way to learn a lesson about them. And again, it's a game. I'm not really going to get worked up over even a 1000 FPs- it'll be mildly annoying at most.

20. Amyality the Relentless

Very true...it is just a game. And I'm not really going to get worked up about the 30 seconds it takes me to click (actually tap, because I'm on mobile which does go faster than clicking) enough times to get my spot on a GB. Especially when I get to avoid mistakes and not take the extra time to work it out with the person who made the mistake. If they feel generous. Or take the time to re-earn the possible 1000+ fps I may lose if they don't feel generous. Or try to explain and make it up to friends and guildmates who may have taken a loss on one of my GBs. I like to keep things uncomplicated. Just clicking/tapping. Easy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.