• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser8152

Since everyone's town hall is on a different cycle, there is no time they can start that will make everyone happy. But if they stop at the same time of day that they started, then everyone will have the same opportunity to collect eggs; if you missed the first TH collection, then you will get an extra one at the end.

I don't know though if they will end the event at the same time they started. I also don't know if 15 eggs makes that much difference overall.

my rinbin shut down early? i had 5 quests left to go, and it stopped at the 30 mark. said it was done. but i had enough to make it to 35. the only difference between those worlds and the worlds it is offering the 35 is i had missed one quest, but i would still make 35. and even if i wouldn't, it still should reward me for finishing quests 31-34. i recall in beta it went to 36. but that changed to 35. maybe someone didn't fix the coding?

DeletedUser14197

The way I see it, there is really only one good prize in the bronze chest, the daily special. There are 2 good prizes in Silver: the daily special and the watchfires and only 2 in the gold chest, the daily special and the renovation kit. Of course if you want observatory blueprints, they are in all the chests. Can't say I want them in any of my worlds, and certainly got too many of them in worlds I already have an observatory in.

DeletedUser14197

Don't worry Stevie -- Jaelis pulled out the chi-squared test, but for your small sample size it wasn't very revealing. I have combined your data with other data posted on this thread, and data collected in my own guild. So far I have 574 data points for gold chest. I had also planned on running a chi-squared analysis on these numbers, and I will do so once I have gathered the maximum available data, and we will see where the lies are.

So far, as a cursory result, it would seem that Inno has set the grand prize percentage at around 3% less than listed. Why wouldn't they do this? For anyone who wants to keep track of their results, 3% is awfully hard to PROVE, but just enough to milk some more diamonds from the fools who spend money on these events. But, when we run the chi-square test at the end, we will see how likely it is that our deviation from the expected was due to random chance (and thus how likely it is that Inno lies about the numbers). I suspect the result will indicate a lie.

FYI, here are the results so far after 574 rolls:

BSoRd22.jpg
Doesn't this chart kind of prove that the percentages are actually accurate? The numbers seem so close to me that once one did a larger sample, it may be right on. I know one thing, people who are getting the bad prizes are more likely to post their results and get counted. I have a number of cities and I got better than 25% on the daily prize in some of my cities and a lot worse than 25% in others, so am thinking it evens out, but is aggravating to those who get too many of the not so great prizes. Should be mroe than 2 good prizes int he gold chest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20367

The way I see it, there is really only one good prize in the bronze chest, the daily special. There are 2 good prizes in Silver: the daily special and the watchfires and only 2 in the gold chest, the daily special and the renovation kit. Of course if you want observatory blueprints, they are in all the chests. Can't say I want them in any of my worlds, and certainly got too many of them in worlds I already have an observatory in.

I would call the egg prizes 'good' as well. One is basically a do-over with a few additional eggs placed in the trees for opening the chest and the other leaves you with more eggs than you started with.

DeletedUser18851

I know one thing, people who are getting the bad prizes are more likely to post their results and get counted.
FYI the bulk of the numbers in my chart come from my guildmates, good or bad. I did pull some from the thread and perhaps you have a valid point there. But I can tell you that after adding those from the thread, it didn't change the percentage for the daily prize. I didn't pay attention to the others but I'd guess it didn't sway anything more than 1%.

DeletedUser14197

Well, all in all, this is not an event I would get overly excited about. The good is that it is pretty easy to do. You don't have to take a province, or scout or research a tech. There are some good prizes. Most people should walk away with a few good prizes. The bad is that you will probably win more stuff you don't want than stuff you do which makes the event a bit discouraging. The new items are pretty much going to sit in inventory. The good prizes are things a lot of us already have some of, but don't mind getting more of.

DeletedUser21146

Surely you can't force a player to use diamonds?! I have just leveled up to "The Future", the ONLY decoration available is 150 diamonds?! ( X 3 !!) I can research and advance for about 500 more material that I don't have and is not available to barter for. OR I can just not participate?! I understand this is a rare and unique situation. MAYBE fix it so new players don't get discouraged and stop playing?!

PS Your tech support was about as helpful as taking a shot of whiskey for a computer virus!
Thanks for fixing this and adding the building of 3 of the last level............

DeletedUser23123

April 1:

• Greva Darn (main): "Delete 4 units from your age or 6 from the previous age"
    Reward: 68 Easter Eggs
  • Greva Darn (bonus): "Delete 4 units"
    Reward: 40 Easter Eggs
It going to cost me 40,000 Supply and 30,000 coins, plus the cost of training and 2 days to get these units. For a Tree of Love, So
NO! I'm done.

DeletedUser13942

Just checked the wiki........last quest suddenly changed to acquire 2 sectors without fighting. ARE YOU 3456ING KIDDING, do you realize how many trades that requires on some of my worlds, if it were planned ahead no problem but last minute. YOU GUYS need a head examination

Just ran through my worlds and I have 2 high level cities with scouts out for over another day.....thanks alot

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

April 1:

• Greva Darn (main): "Delete 4 units from your age or 6 from the previous age"
    Reward: 68 Easter Eggs
  • Greva Darn (bonus): "Delete 4 units"
    Reward: 40 Easter Eggs
It going to cost me 40,000 Supply and 30,000 coins, plus the cost of training and 2 days to get these units. For a Tree of Love, So
NO! I'm done.
Or you could build a spearfighter barracks?

DeletedUser8152

For the 2nd quest you can use a spearfighter; it sounded like you were counting both.

DeletedUser25171

Just checked the wiki........last quest suddenly changed to acquire 2 sectors without fighting. ARE YOU 3456ING KIDDING, do you realize how many trades that requires on some of my worlds, if it were planned ahead no problem but last minute. YOU GUYS need a head examination

Just ran through my worlds and I have 2 high level cities with scouts out for over another day.....thanks alot
I saw the change when? RIGHT AFTER I'D PAID OFF ALL THE SECTORS I COULD AFFORD TO PAY OFF. I feel like someone at FoE Central is screeching "April Fools!" If I'd have known that the quest was going to change to this, I'd have never done the payoffs before midnight.

DeletedUser13942

Just to be clear, the wiki is not official in any way.
Agreed, but everyone knows its almost always correct, and this quest was not in beta, but officially the events are always subject to change. Blah, blah all legalities and CYA disclaimers, but anyone with half a brain in their head knows that many will use the 50 dime insta-scout to finish this, because we rely on the wiki to prepare.
Good for a small boost in diamond sales, bad for a large boost in aggravated players. But they seem to be really good at that lately......

DeletedUser25354

This last minute change in quest makes me wanna throw up. Things like this force me to rethink if this game is even worth playing when you have developers pulling quick ones like this. BTW yes I'm a paying customer. NO GOOD.