• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser24335

this was the worst event i have played. you take a perfectly fine event that i was waiting for all winter and screw it up royally. the only ones that probably got anything of value are ones that spent hundreds on diamonds to buy enough eggs to keep picking chests. if it were like the way the Easter event usually is, i would have had no problem dropping some coin on it to get what i wanted, but no way in heck was i wasting my money on this crappy event. makes me want to look for another game to play and forget about inno.
its pretty bad when your beta players all told you it was worthless and yet you go ahead and stick this crap on the server. even your new buildings and military unit were a waste of time and space. i hope you have enough sense to change back for next year

DeletedUser15042

Change in the quests for the event sucks, but I like it. They should be here to challenge us. As much as I like planning ahead, the quests should be a challenge. They shouldn't just be something easy that turns the game into click click click.

Good work Inno. I think you should make all events different than beta. No spoilers!!

DeletedUser8420

Just checked the wiki........last quest suddenly changed to acquire 2 sectors without fighting. ARE YOU 3456ING KIDDING, do you reaTlize how many trades that requires on some of my worlds, if it were planned ahead no problem but last minute. YOU GUYS need a head examination

Just ran through my worlds and I have 2 high level cities with scouts out for over another day.....thanks alot

Think about it, if they give this at the last minute how are you to scout in such short notice...um...buy diamonds...This is what it is about, trying to get people to buy diamonds for the event.

My question is in the next two days are the town hall still going to give out eggs for collecting and are the daily prizes still going to be changing?

DeletedUser13942

Change in the quests for the event sucks, but I like it. They should be here to challenge us. As much as I like planning ahead, the quests should be a challenge. They shouldn't just be something easy that turns the game into click click click.

Good work Inno. I think you should make all events different than beta. No spoilers!!
On principle I agree completely, my complaint comes in when, at higher ages, scouting can be 2 or more days. If I have just closed out a province I cannot complete the main quest on the day it is given, therefore losing the bonus quest, since the bonus quest does not stack as the main quests do. That is why most quests in this non-event have had an "or spend _fp" option

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8420

ok in one city the last quest was delete 4 units in another city the last quest is take 2 sectors without fighting...correction, there was one more in the second city that stated 4 units...so my mistake

DeletedUser15042

On principle I agree completely, my complaint comes in when, at higher ages, scouting can be 2 or more days. If I have just closed out a province I cannot complete the main quest on the day it is given, therefore losing the bonus quest, since the bonus quest does not stack as the main quests do. That is why most quests in this non-event have had an "or spend _fp" option

In 1 city, I was very close to having this issue. I am in FE and just began scouting a new area (2 days time I think). But I left some of the non mandatory provinces on other maps uncompleted for events. This way when it is negotiate or what ever, I just go back and do it on older maps. I am running out soon though!!

iamtheemperor

Agreed, but everyone knows its almost always correct, and this quest was not in beta, but officially the events are always subject to change. Blah, blah all legalities and CYA disclaimers, but anyone with half a brain in their head knows that many will use the 50 dime insta-scout to finish this, because we rely on the wiki to prepare.
Good for a small boost in diamond sales, bad for a large boost in aggravated players. But they seem to be really good at that lately......

Just because this bears repeating.

DeletedUser18626

###WORST EVENT EVER###
I completed all of the quests spending millions of coins/supplies and did not collect enough eggs to open 12 chests to get to the 2nd grand prize.
What a joke of an event. I now have a useless Shrine of Inspiration (Really 1 BP every 2 days?? -- I average 4 doing M/P) and 3 useless color guard camps in my inventory (the unit is worthless for higher ages and even worth less to a non-fighter) You guys really destroyed the event this year. But I suppose if people spend $$ to get Diamonds to get eggs; then you consider a win. :(

Maybe you should spend more time fixing bugs and problems in the game, instead of lame events and re-doing the graphics in the lower ages to make them look pretty. Maybe you could:
- fix the internal errors that crash the browser in GVG when trying to siege, it sucks to be in the heat of battle over a sector and get booted and loose the sector because of it.
- fix the loop hole that allows ghosting in GVG where someone can earn points by siege/release/siege/release (I think a guild should have at least 25 members to be able to fight in GVG - none of this 2-3 member crap)
- expand the levels beyond 50; so that guilds have something to continue working for.

qaccy

A bit annoyed that the final daily quest didn't offer an alternative to negotiating like seemed to be the trend for the 'advance' quests in this event, but I got through it all the same! On the whole, I'm much happier with the event this year than in previous years. Last year saw rogues (and the hideout) get replaced as prizes by the drummer and drummer school; you ran the risk of losing motivations/polishes due to people hiding eggs (and their payouts being random); and there were no daily prizes meaning what we saw at the start is what we got. This year had a lot more variety available, even if the chests are random. They were random last year as well, even if you were buying prizes such as watchfires or reno kits directly as payouts from egg collections were random. Good luck squeezing out an extra prize purchase if you were someone who a) didn't get many egg visitors and/or b) got low payouts from your collections. Same randomness, applied in a different way.

P.S. Here are my results on 2 different worlds from a few days ago, when SoKs came up for the 2nd time as the daily prize:

World 1 - 37 gold chests opened
11/37 SoK ~30%
9/37 200 eggs ~24%
6/37 Color Guard ~16%
5/37 Foeberge ~13%
1/37 Reno Kit ~3%
1/37 FP ~3%
0/37 Observatory BP 0%
4/37 120 eggs ~11%

World 2 - 24 gold chests opened
3/24 SoK ~13%
2/24 200 eggs ~8%
3/24 CG ~13%
5/24 Foeberge ~21%
6/24 Reno Kit ~25%
1/24 FP ~4%
2/24 Observatory BP ~8%
2/24 120 eggs ~8%

Totals - 61 gold chests
14/61 SoK ~23%
11/61 200 eggs ~18%
9/61 Color Guard ~15%
10/61 Foeberge ~16%
7/61 Reno Kit ~11%
2/61 FP ~3%
2/61 Observatory BP ~3%
6/61 120 eggs ~10%
(this one only totals to 99% because of the rounding, shhh :p)

Decidedly different results between the two (small) samples. You could take world 1 and say I'm a lucky outlier, or world 2 and use it to support your belief that the system is rigged. But combining the two brings the numbers generally closer to the %'s listed in the game. Guess in my case it averaged out, eh?

DeletedUser23123

It Over:). Out of everything that happen. Believe it or not. The most annoying thing was those "OK" pop-up after collecting the Tree Eggs.

DeletedUser13942

we patiently hold our eggs hoping for something thats not a total pile of crap to spend them on while in the back of our minds we know they are probably going to repeat the same slap in the face they gave us on beta......the last 3 days of crap. (beta was colorguard camp, witch doctor, witch doctor)
Meanwhile back at the Inno office they are snickering and laughing because they know that really good payout of eggs they gave us on the last 2 quests was totally worthless

Edit: I'll admit when I'm wrong, and I was here it appears. Rogue Hideouts make me happy

DeletedUser9635

I enjoy these special events. I like the rewards, the SoI is nice. I think people get spoiled by previous events, and the better the prizes the more they get spoiled. One of the items I'm really pulling to get is the Renovation Kit. I have between 4 and 6 on each city, and I'm saving them for when I hit the higher ages. I have only picked the Golden Chests so far. I have some eggs saved up, hoping to get some awesome prizes for the last couple days! Thank you INNO!!!

DeletedUser13942

I enjoy these special events. I like the rewards, the SoI is nice. I think people get spoiled by previous events, and the better the prizes the more they get spoiled. One of the items I'm really pulling to get is the Renovation Kit. I have between 4 and 6 on each city, and I'm saving them for when I hit the higher ages. I have only picked the Golden Chests so far. I have some eggs saved up, hoping to get some awesome prizes for the last couple days! Thank you INNO!!!
I wouldn't call it spoiled by past events, I say it would be more accurate to say we've been here long enough to know the baseline of quality that helped fuel their "100 million Euro" success, and are quite disappointed to see their standards slide into an increasingly dismal state.
Part of those 100 million euros was my money and other players like me so when our dollar/euro gets increasingly less bang its not "spoiled" as you say it's a feeling of "why the hell did i contribute to their success".
It's easy for people to come in and say players are spoiled, but it's not so easy to contribute real money to a company who turns around and "pisses down your back and says it's raining"

DeletedUser23123

I say the over abundance of the Color Guards wreck this Events. Should just did it in 1 Quest then cut it loose. Drummer Boys, That Wisteria things. All of the little dinky happy, happy stuff was an over kill. I would of been find with a couple of Fighting Unit Barrack or and Non-premium Cultural Building of my Age or newer. The Foeberge, have to say is pretty goods. Did get some Halls and Wells. Even Forges and a Watchfire or 2. But, Color Gaurds are, well basically, Crap. Now I got 5 of the camp. Plus, half a dozen gaurds and drummers. Which I deleted.

DeletedUser20367

Pretty much done. Will squeeze out another chest or two on the last day but I have to say that I'm satisfied with what I got.

82 Gold chests opened across 5 worlds:

19 Daily prizes: 23.17%
8 Color Guard Camps: 9.76%
7 200 eggs: 8.54%
7 120 eggs: 8.54%
9 2 Obs BPs: 10.98%
4 Large FP Packs: 4.88%
9 Reno Kits: 10.98%
19 Foeberge Shops: 23.17%

So Foeberge Shops were fairly high, 165.51% of expected but Color Guard Camps were only 69.69% of expected so I'll take that. :)

13 Silver chests opened:

1 Daily prize: 7.69%
3 120 eggs: 23.08%
3 Rogues: 23.08%
1 Med FP pack: 7.69%
3 Watchfires: 23.08%
1 Color Guard Camp: 7.69%
1 Obs BP: 7.69%
0 70 eggs: 0%

So 120 eggs, Rogues & Watchfires came in significantly high, which on the world I opened the chests on was just fine. I wanted the Watchfires.

Didn't join until after the Easter event in 2015 so I can't compare them directly. From what I've read I would have enjoyed that too. Was planning on getting Watchfires on several worlds and had to rethink my strategy. All in all I ended up with more SoKs, WWs & HoFs than I thought I would be able to get under the old format so I'm happy.

amg777

34 Gold Chests opened across 3 worlds:
Daily Prize 8 24%
200 eggs 4 12%
Color Guard Camp 6 18%
Foeberge 4 12%
Reno Kit 4 12%
Lrg FP Pack 2 6%
2 Obs Bps 6 18%
120 Eggs 0 0%
For the most part, about what I should expect based on the % in the chest. The variations are relatively slight for my sample size. I should note that I did not significantly alter my game play to complete events, so probably didn't get as many eggs as others. Also, I got lucky when SoKs were the daily prize and got 2 from 7 silver chests, twice what the posted % would suggest.
For me, the biggest problem with this year's event was the inability to avoid getting (or at least reducing your chances of getting) stuff that you don't want or need. For me that's the color guard camps and the Obs Bps (I either don't do GvG or already have a full set). For this reason, I didn't alter my game play to complete quests, or use diamonds for eggs, which I did last year.

DeletedUser11128

Of course it is possible to get the SoK without diamonds. You said yourself, use your eggs to open bronze chests. You have like a 14% chance.

This isn't the discussion I was hoping for... I hoped that someone would post what the prizes were the last couple days of Beta, so I know whether to save or not.

As far as the math goes: There is a 7% chance for each attempt. That means that the chance for one or two successes in two attempts is 7%*93% (success on first attempt only) + 93%*7% (success on second attempt only) + 7%*7% (success on both attempts) = 13.49%. The chance does go up with each attempt to have at least one success, but it is not quite linear. As # of attempts approaches infinity, the chance approaches 100%.

Sorry, my calculator was truncating... it is 13.51%. I think that's what jaelis had said in his later post, so to all those who disagreed, that's how you calculate it.

DeletedUser8152

The event has changed a bit from what was on beta, so no one is sure what the prize list will be.

glennthenerd

On principle I agree completely, my complaint comes in when, at higher ages, scouting can be 2 or more days.

That is the time to "unclench" and pay 50 Diamonds to scout immediately.

I didn't keep count, but saving most of my eggs for Wishing Well days (2!) and picking until I dropped below 40 for the Bronze chest., I got 25-30 across all 20 worlds.