• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser10415

The devs said pretty explicitly they've retooled the event to be good for new players. And really the SoI isn't bad for a new player who's striving to get his first GB going.

The new player who has to strive to get her first GB going is the player who has raced through the tech tree and is in EMA already without a single GB. The shrine of irrelevance isn't going to help them.

The new egg thing is better for a player who isn't in a guild and doesn't have a good group of friends yet.

Guess how I got my initial set of friends? I started playing the game shortly before the 2014 Easter event. I went into global chat and asked for egg friends, and received. Some of them are still on the list. I am not known for my social networking. Heck - I don't even have facebook, or an i-phone. Still, I managed it - going onto global and asking for a little help. Everyone wants eggs, and so they didn't have to be "good" friends to be egg friends.

So eggs can be hidden in the wilderness - That's great. Why not just keep the social aspect of the egg-hiding intact, and add additional eggs in the wilderness for such new players who cannot figure out how to enter global chat? And frankly, if they're incapable of that, they'll never join a guild or have any friends on their list and will probably quit playing after a few weeks anyway.

The random chests are better for new players who don't know what is good to buy and what isn't. Even the color guard is good for BA-EMA players.

Ah, but the random chests are not new. We've always had them since I've been playing. The two previous years at least, had the random chests. There was a shop, but there were also the chests. How does removal of the shop help new players?

DeletedUser8152

But Glarg, the point is that you are an extremely atypical player. I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but analyzing it on the basis of your (or my) experience misses the point.

Let me put it this way: the devs said that easter is historically their least popular event. My explanation is that newbies and casual players found it frustrating. Do you have a better explanation?

DeletedUser10789

I don't feel like this is quite right. The SoK is prioritized, meaning it is the first thing aided if available. I understand that the SoI is not prioritized. But it is still capable of being motivated by aid, is it not? Just like an eco park or an arcology. If so then I would imagine that it would eventually be aided over the course of two days. Or do you mean that it cannot be motivated by aiding, and requires manual motivation, period? If so that is a bit extraordinary.

Regarding the SoI in general, I am not planning to try to get one, and I wouldn't recommend it to my friends. But I understand there are other prizes available too :)

Hey Jaelis,
First, thank you for taking the time in responding. Secondly, I want to thank you for acknowledging the SOI is a total waste and you will NOT be planning to try and get one. You see it and so many others do as well.

The entire point here is that "the game" seems to pander to the lower levels and wants to cater to players who are anti-social. We can all agree that in order to advance in the game, it is BEST to get in a guild and have more friends within the game. You forgot to leave that part out. I do believe there are guides out there that even suggest that.

As a higher level, I feel ripped off by the game not addressing the higher levels needs and issues. Maybe "the game" feels that the higher levels paid into the game and they are done, YET, they should look at my account for example. I bought more as I progressed in the game and I spent REAL MONEY in the last event. Is "the game" really expecting to try to force the new players to pay for eggs and force them to GAMBLE and RISK their eggs on things they may not want or need. In fact, to give out Forge Point Packages, those are easily attainable if you just play the game.

You need to send this to your contacts within the game, "The purpose of an event is to allow players to attain items that they cannot normally get by playing the game". This is the real intent of any event, can we all agree on that.? For if that is NOT the case, then please explain to me every event in the past that each had their own Buildings that you could ONLY get from that event. Correct.?

That said, I urge you to watch global and see the lack of people chatting and if you fail to understand that, answer me this one. Why did "the game" merge servers from other countries recently into other countries servers, like in "H" world, the Korean Server was merged into our USA server. Tell me, if the game saw this and wants to alienate other players, don't you think the Easter Event should allow for players of all levels to have fun and achieve quality buildings.? Or am I crazy here.

I made a suggestion on the SOI and said to make it produce Diamonds every day or every other day. The count of 1, 2 or 5 would NOT target just 1 select group but all levels. Then I went another step and made a suggestion on the Color Guard, which why would a higher level want, to allow the Color Guard to act as a Rogue. Whereby, the Color Guard now has an attack of 11 and defense of 11. Who in their right mind would bring one into battle in anything higher than EMA, no one. BUT, if it was changed, where the Color Guard had the attack or the lowest or highest troop brought into battle and the same with the defense part, EVERYONE would want one of those.

You see, these little tweaks to these buildings could actually make the event for everyone and NOT just starting out players. Does the game really think, none of this will get around and it will inspire players to want to spend money on a game they claim on Television is "Free to Play", when in fact, by forcing a player to spend money on a game on DAY ONE, that is false advertising and as such, oh boy I smell trouble brewing. All it takes is a simple mail to the Attorney General's of each state to show this and the company will have a bug problem. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANY OF THIS, I am merely pointing out what can happen rapidly when people feel ripped off and taken advantage of. That's not even saying how the players will react to this forcing of players to get eggs on day one. This event is terrible and it focuses on one group and is taking advantage of players lack of knowledge of what is truly going on behind the scenes.

When a company cannot even respond to their own players asking for clarification, this speaks volumes as well. I hate to say this and I truly hope "the game" and "the company, INNO GAMES", decides to make this event good for all and if not, then this is discrimination on their higher levels. Or is the game trying to get them so frustrated to leave and quit the game.? The worst thing anyone can do is to force people to spend money on something based fully on lies and deception. A "Powerful New Building" is anything but that, in fact, EVEN YOU, stated here in the forums, what I quoted above.

I truly hope I am wrong here and I hope "the game" sees what the 54 page feedback thread was intended to do and addresses it accordingly. That said, I would be happy to say I was wrong and I TRULY HOPE I CAN SAY THAT. Changes need to be made and I am happy you see it as well. This game is finding new ways to make their own players whom are their customers UNHAPPY and then that happens, we all know what comes next.

Yours,
Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser8152

The entire point here is that "the game" seems to pander to the lower levels and wants to cater to players who are anti-social.
Well yes. I guess I agree that is what they are doing. Because apparently this is what 99% of players are. I could wish otherwise, and I'm not sure designing an event to fit their needs is the best way to get them more involved. But then I'm not sure it isn't either.

I do believe that if this event is less popular than it has been before, then they will change it again. So if you really feel strongly about it, I suppose the thing to do is not participate.

DeletedUser10415

But Glarg, the point is that you are an extremely atypical player. I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but analyzing it on the basis of your (or my) experience misses the point.

Let me put it this way: the devs said that easter is historically their least popular event. My explanation is that newbies and casual players found it frustrating. Do you have a better explanation?

That's it! I want my forum title changed to "Extremely Atypical Member" :D

Let me put it this way: The devs can say anything they want. I'd be interested to know how they arrived at this conclusion. As for why the devs changed the event in the manner which they changed it, this forum rule prohibits me from being really honest about my opinion on that:
"It is not allowed to impose derogations upon the company of Innogames, nor any of its products or personnel."

DeletedUser22214

Jaelis,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to these comments. I would like to hear your response to the rest of LordStevie's comment and not just the one point about communicative vs non-communicative players.

thank you

DeletedUser10415

Just an FYI...Forum moderators are not in the know, Dan. They're volunteers. Their opinions on game mechanics are their own, as players. It's not like you're conversing with a developer here. Forum moderators have no power beyond the forum. Sure, it would be nice if the devs actually engaged us on the forum, but it's very unlikely to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10789

Hey Jaelis,
I swear and kid you not, I just got an e-mail and it says this. This Week is National Consumer Protection Week, in my State of NY there is a list of the Top 10 that they state in the e-mail. Guess what # 1 is, again I swear and kid you not, Internet-related complaints, for the 10th year in a row. While they state it is defined as the following, Internet (privacy issues, spyware, consumer fraud), wow. I did not know before I wrote my last post or thread. PLEASE NOTE, I am only stating a fact and I am NOT attempting to start trouble or trying to cause ANY ISSUES AT ALL. I thought it was very odd that this was in my e-mail folder and when I opened it, my jaw nearly hit the floor.

The way in which the Easter Event was in Beta, forced people to use their diamonds. For a game that claims, on Television, it is free to play how is it free if the first day the Rogue Hideout is the daily prize and you cannot possibly get it, UNLESS you take a game of chance and GAMBLE on getting it. I must remind you, in many states in the USA, internet GAMBLING is illegal. Just saying, an event should be fair for one and fair for all.

There are multiple ways in which to handle this, from a legal standpoint. One, would be to keep the Daily Prize that is there for day one for the first two days. That would allow any active player the ability to at least have a probable chance that favors the players instead of "the game". The word Gambling or a game of chance, I will have to look up case law on that and right now, I have other things to do.

That said, I strongly disagree that this event is the lowest played. In fact, like I asked in the Beta Forums, please provide the data, which the game failed to do and WONT. That is just a cover to entice players to spend money on purchasing EGGS to GAMBLE on getting a prize they want. Do you really think after my threads and posts, I stand a chance on getting any of the things I want in this event, NO WAY. I also believe it was proven that many online poker sites were closed down due to "random generators" that were proven were comprised. I am NOT saying that happens here and sure I am way off track now, so let's get back on track.

You are saying it is OK for the higher levels to feel that "the game" does not care about them.? Or that my way to protest this event is to not play it.? Is that what you are saying all the higher levels should do.? Boycott the game.? These are your words, not mine. Please explain.

Yours,
Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser8152

No one is forcing you to spend diamonds Stevie. If you are choosing to then that is your choice and you shouldn't do it if you aren't getting something you value in return.

... and just to be pre-emptive: a discussion of the legal ramifications of diamonds sales would be off-topic in this thread. So lets just focus the complaining on the Easter event :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10789

Agreed Jaelis. Yet what I wrote does hereby apply. If you played the Beta Server, you saw how you could not gain enough eggs on day 1 to get more than a Bronze Chest, which we all know is the lowest possible chance to get the daily reward. That said, if you cannot get enough eggs to attempt to get the first day prize, how does one get enough eggs to open more chests.? You must agree that it is with purchasing Eggs with your diamonds. Right or Wrong.? That said, you MUST agree that by disenfranchising players by NOT allowing them the opportunity to get the daily prize and forcing them into purchasing eggs is flat our WRONG on so many levels. Moving on and we all know the truth on that one.

All of what I have stated here is well within the topic of "Feedback" for this event. Right or wrong.?
The term "Feedback" is stated and requested by from "the game" and "INNO GAMES" alike. In fact, it was started for the sole purpose of asking for "Feedback" for this event. Again, that said, I am NOT trying to argue and/or fight with you. I respect you, at least, you have taken the time with your thankless job you have here, to respond to me and many others. For that, I thank you.

Just like Glarg stated above, you are not privy to all the information on "the game" and they tell you what they want to tell you. "The game" cannot even address our concerns on Beta and I am NOT taking it out on you and if you feel that way, then I am sorry and I truly apologize if you feel that way.

Again, I asked above (among other things) "You are saying it is OK for the higher levels to feel that "the game" does not care about them.? Or that my way to protest this event is to not play it.? Is that what you are saying all the higher levels should do.? Boycott the game.? These are your words, not mine. Please explain." ???

Yours,
Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser10789

Hey beesharps,
The Forums Moderator opened this thread and asked for "feedback" on this event. All a few of us did was ask what, if any, where the changes that were being made to the event from on the Beta Server. Simple, right.? As it stands now, NOTHING is being said further on the Beta Server and they are acting like we all do not exist. Anyone who is on the Beta Server, can see what is happening there and "the game" is going to do what they want to do despite what "feedback" we give them.

In my humble opinion, it is players on the beta server, most of them here and myself who do this dirty work in bringing up the errors and the issues that effect the overall game playing here within. As such, if you played the beta server, then you know the deal. If you didn't, then you do not know the 54 pages of nearly all negative feedback on the event. Because of this "feedback", that players like myself and others provided, we are therefore trying our best to make the event much better for all to play here. I really hope you understand that and can respect the dedication of time we all put into this game to truly make the event a positive experience for ALL and NOT JUST SOME.

As it stands now, some less than 12 hours before the event starts and we are all left NOT KNOWING what is to come and if any changes were in fact made. Don't you think, "the game", the Developers and INNO Games, should at the very least have the common curiosity to let us know of any changes or not.? Do you think just the slightest bit of information about this event should be told to the players whom "the game" asked for their "feedback" on.? Or do they just want to test something, speak our peace and then do what they want anyway and destroy a game we all enjoy playing. And by the way, there are a lot of people who share a great passion for this game and DESERVE to have their hard work in helping "the game" fix errors and bug (NOT ME, OTHERS) acknowledged. That is the very least "the game" can do, yet they are not. So, tell me, am I wrong.?

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser10789

Hey Jaelis,
So, I was just looking at the Wiki on the event, http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Easter_Event.
Take a look at it and explain something to me, NOW, I do understand the numbers can be wrong. But let's say they are NOT for this example.
It says, the first day if you complete the 2 quests, you will get 4 eggs in each quest.
So, 4+4=8, then you get 15 eggs for your daily log on, that's 8+15 = 23 eggs.
Yet, the lowest chest is a Bronze Chest which costs 40 eggs.
Now there are daily prizes and the Bronze Chest gives you a 3% chance of getting that daily prize.
But notice something here, if you can only get 23 eggs the first day, HOW DO YOU GET ENOUGH EGGS to EVEN OPEN the lowest chest.?
You are right, nothing says I have to spend diamonds to buy eggs, BUT how can I even attempt to open a chest if I cannot get enough eggs on the first day. Therefore, "the game" is forcing you SPEND DIAMONDS to take a chance and RISK your eggs on a 3% chance you will get the daily prize.

Now do you understand why people are upset and people see this as a MONEY GRAB.?

AGAIN, I hope those numbers are WRONG and "the game" changes these things around. I would love to say, this was all for nothing, yet I have a feeling this is a sign of things to come. PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser15920

Well, I WAS looking forward to the event, but given this discussion, it has certainly lost its luster. I like the special buildings from the events as anyone can see from my city in the O world. That being said, there is no way that I could justify using a 3x3 space on something that gives out BP, when motivated, every other day. That's completely ridiculous that they went from 2x2 shrines to 3x3, yet made the reward be something so useless. How many months until the Summer Event is it...

DeletedUser8152

Again, I asked above (among other things) "You are saying it is OK for the higher levels to feel that "the game" does not care about them.? Or that my way to protest this event is to not play it.? Is that what you are saying all the higher levels should do.? Boycott the game.? These are your words, not mine. Please explain." ???
What kind of answer are you looking for here? Is it OK if high level players are unhappy with the game? Well as a high level player I wouldn't be happy, that stands to reason. But is it "OK"? Sure, it's Inno's game, whatever they want to do is "OK." Might not be my preference, but them's the breaks.

Should you boycott the game? Well if you don't like the Easter event, don't participate. If you don't like FoE, don't play it. I wouldn't call that boycotting, I'd call it spending your time and money on things you like.

Personally, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the Easter event, even if I don't enjoy it as much as last year's.

DeletedUser10789

They asked for feedback after we've had a chance to play the Easter Event on the live servers. Don't get me wrong, I think you should be able to give feedback, but this is for feedback about the event on the live servers, not about the event on beta. There's already a thread for beta feedback.

Hey Beesharps,
If you notice the actual language of what the Forum Administrator ask for "Feedback" for the event for those whom have played it. Played is past tense, not present tense, therefore those of us who played it on Beta (like myself) have asked over and over what changes we could expect. I refer you to my first post, where all I asked is what were the changes, since NO ONE on Beta seems to care to answer any questions at all. I am truly shocked by the lack of communication here on this platform and game. A simple, YES, we have tweaked and have made changes and we look forward to everyone having a fun event, would that be so difficult to at least say.? Clearly for some it is. Clarification is what I asked for and let me express the following, asking for clarification is NOT a violation in any way shape or form, especially when the Forum's Administrator asks for "feedback".

Additionally, I failed to see anything in that first statement by the Forum's Administrator that states in anyway shape or form that "ONLY" positive "feedback" is allowed or warranted. As such, I am afforded by ability to ask questions, as you and any other player are, right or wrong.?

Jaelis,
Thank you for clarifying a few of the questions I asked you and clearly you are telling me to suck it up and either play or not. By your attitude, there should be NO "feedback" threads and Beta should NOT exist, as when these platforms exist for a reason and the players, give proper "feedback" to the game and the game decides to do as they wish, that undermines the integrity of having such a platform to begin with. But I am sure, this is what you had to say and post up. We all know you cannot say what you really feel and I get it I do.

Asking simple questions for clarification on an event is pursuant to the "feedback" as requested by your own Forum's Administrator. That said, nothing contained here within is against or in any way a violation of any TOA (Terms of Agreement). Therefore, simple questions were asked and again, we all await the simplest of these answers.

Yours,
Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser8152

By your attitude, there should be NO "feedback" threads and Beta should NOT exist, as when these platforms exist for a reason and the players, give proper "feedback" to the game and the game decides to do as they wish, that undermines the integrity of having such a platform to begin with.
I'm not sure why you would interpret what I said that way. You and everyone else are certainly welcome to post your feedback here, and it will be passed on to the developers. Obviously they saw the feedback on beta as well, since they posted a response.

DeletedUser10789

Hey Beesharps,
Well, my apologies, I was only asking for some clarification. What some do not know or do know, I am the co-leader of a Great Guild on Multiple Worlds. I pride myself on being well informed and this was my main reason for playing the Beta Server. Again, all that was asked was for clarification.

FYI, Jealis, all they said on the Beta Forums is that the event was being tweaked and they provided ZERO details. This is why my first question was fundamentally justified and called for. If there is something you saw, then please pass it along. I provided you details as what the Wiki said and if that holds true, then the event will force us to purchase diamonds first day. You see what I am saying.? I am NOT jumping to conclusions, I was simply asking, which again is justifiable.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser7289

Should you boycott the game? Well if you don't like the Easter event, don't participate. If you don't like FoE, don't play it. I wouldn't call that boycotting, I'd call it spending your time and money on things you like.

Personally, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the Easter event, even if I don't enjoy it as much as last year's.
I'm in agreement, Jaelis. No, it's not exactly what I want in an event, but yes, I'll play it. I enjoy the game, and this event will really help my lower level guild members. So what if I'm not getting a shiny new pony.
I'll agree with the general sentiment that the game really needs a more interesting event format. This year's Easter Event is following a format that has become boring, with minimal rewards and no excitement for experienced players. That is something that the developers really should consider going forward.
But most players will benefit from this event. It's not a "Monty Haul", but there are good things to be had. So play or don't as you choose; it is only one of many games available.

DeletedUser9184

I provided you details as what the Wiki said and if that holds true, then the event will force us to purchase diamonds first day.
So let's look at the other big events on the first day according to the wiki:
Summer Event: Prize(s) on first day: There is almost a guarantee you will see a good prize | Tickets on first day: 2
Winter Event: First prize - Winter Market; Stars on first day - 21
2016 Easter Event: First prize - Tigers' Den (though I think this will be different) | Eggs on first day - 23

DeletedUser10789

Hey ByeOrDie,
I know you are a MOD over at Beta and would you please clarify if there was anything posted over there, before any of this thread started.? I mean pertaining to any and all updates on this, NOT a start date or that they are working on it, more inline as to what Jaelis has stated.

Additionally, I am not 100% on the Wiki or where they get their INFO from, yet you did post it and IF, I say IF, it is accurate then only 23 eggs on the first day, need I say anymore. Also, their claim of the Tiger's Den and your disputing it, I would love to see what we get. Again, the solution was to keep the daily prize the same for the first 2 or 3 days and allow the game's players to amass enough eggs to open a chest or two. That is, unless they changed the numbers around yet again. They did change the numbers around a few times on Beta, so the Beta Event was FLUID. That said, this is why I asked to being with on any and all updates that we could expect.

Valid question, right.?

Come on ByeOrDie, give us something....Since you are a MOD over there, you should have something on your mind.

Steve - LordStevie