• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser4770

We are interested to hear your feedback about the Easter Event. Once you've had a chance to play, please leave your thoughts, comments and concerns here. We look forward to reading these.

Happy Egg-stravaganza!
Your Forge of Empires Team

Algona

Edit 4/9/16: Summary of this Event. See Killa KoKo’s post #213

----------

FoE 2016 Easter Event Feedback Thread Awards!

Note that specific post numbers may change due to folk deleting their posts. Hopefully.

BEST SUMMARY POST: Killa KoKo’s post #213

BEST UNHAPPY POSTER: Glarg

MOST PATIENT POSTER: jaelis

MOST INTERESTING COMMENTS: beesharps

WORST STATISTICIAN: A 3 Way Tie: payne13, Lordstevie, Deathmjp (see pages 5 -10)

BEST HAPPY POSTER: Well, there weren’t a lot of happy posters until after the Event ended. When one peeked out of their hole, their head was chopped off.

WAY TOO MUCH tl;dr: Lordstevie

BEST PREDICTION: Killamanjaro, post 109

THIRD BEST POST: rebelsheart, post 199

SECOND BEST POST: awcrapilost, post 84

And finally, the one you’ve been waiting for THE BEST POST goes to

rebelsheart, post 154.

Congratulations to all winners!

----------

My take on the Event:

A lot of folk were mighty peeved over the 2016 Easter Event. Vast majority of posts are negative. Bouncing Blue Arrow truly sucks. Not hiding eggs truly sucks. Random chests instead of picking prizes truly sucks. Fewer eggs truly sucks. Repeated Random Crappy Prizes Truly Sucked.

Posts after the Event ended (April 4) were mostly positive; folk happy with the prizes they got.

Daily Prizes were good to excellent with 3 exceptions, Drummer School, Tree of Love, Victory Tower. Grand Prizes after SoI were excellent.

The chance of winning repeated unwanted and undesirable prizes was the worst aspect of this Event. No one wanted multiple Color Guard Camps, very few wanted multiple Obs BPs.

My take: If INNO had given players the option of rotating the static chest prizes after they had been won one time, 2016 would have wound up being a much better Event then 2015. Never, ever, repeat The Bouncing Blue Arrow of Mind Sucking Soul Searing Doom.

----------

My original post:

I vote no. Wait, that's not right.

In Before The Move! Please see the stickied thread READ BEFORE POSTING. Oops, I'm wrong again.

Collect On Time!

Nope. Hmmm. How about this one:

Last Year's Event Was Better!

Sadly, I suspect that's true this time. Went back and read (well, skimmed) last year's thread, Folk were unhappy about the loss of Aid due to hiding Eggs. Folk wanted change and got it. Be careful what you wish for!

Can I get a double large popcorn with extra butter flavorants, side of Soylent Green and Diet Coke?

Last edited:

DeletedUser6163

We look forward to reading these.

Love it, and always with that smile Panacea :D

I hope this thread goes on like the feedback from the beta servers. It has turned out to be a topic that has gotten many players to log onto the forums who perhaps were not passionate enough about any game changes to do so before. I, too, am looking forward to this discussion.

Some changes were likely made to what the beta testers saw, but did the changes go far enough to appease the Forge of Empires player base? Stay tuned to find out.

Now back to your regularly scheduled complaints about the neighborhood alignment.

DeletedUser24719

I suspect this event will be no different then past events. Same old repetitive quests that take hours or in some cases days to finish and finally with "rewards" that nowhere equal the costs. I am tired of decorations, portraits and culture buildings. And of course there is the inevitable "opportunity" to purchase rewards with diamonds. Different maybe, but the same old story! In INNOs case its always nothing for something! Will they never listen to the people who provide them with a job! We shall see

DeletedUser10789

We are interested to hear your feedback about the Easter Event. Once you've had a chance to play, please leave your thoughts, comments and concerns here. We look forward to reading these.

Happy Egg-stravaganza!
Your Forge of Empires Team

I do believe there is over 54 pages of "feedback" on the Beta Forums and by all accounts the event is a MAJOR Disappointment. Since nothing further is being said about the lack of anything good to attain in this event on the Beta Forums, can we expect any changes or will this event be the same as Beta.?

Additionally, I am not sure what level the Developer is, but to state in the video, that a "Very Powerful New Building" is in the event, I really hope they change the reward the Shrine of "Frustration" was producing. For the record, a 3x3 sized Shrine that produces coins and 1 Random Blue Print every 2 days when Motivated, is hardly the definition of "Very Powerful", or am I wrong. If you M/P just your hood on a daily basis, you should get at least 1-2 blueprints alone. Why would I want to waste a 3x3 space for this.?

Please advise as to any and all changes, since no one cares to provide any updates on this event on Beta.

I am curious to see if any adjustment have been made or will the game force players to purchase eggs for items with little to no value.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser15042

If the shrine of awful gave a BP from ANY era (not just current and earlier) it might be worth it. But for the majority of people you will have atleast 1 full set of prints for every GB of your current and older era. And getting a single random print one you have reached 10+ level, is hardly worth it.

DeletedUser22214

I played the event on beta. After completing all of the quests and collecting as many eggs as I could around the city, I was able to get 7 prizes from the event. Granted that was from the gold chest so I guess I could have gotten more if I went with the bronze chest, but not a lot of prizes. Hiding the eggs around the city by the game, I thought was a good idea, but I hope that when it goes live that there are more of them available or it really doesn't do much.
I hope the live event proves to be better than the beta version.

As to the Shrine of whatever, I am not sure why the developers thought this building is so powerful. It gives one bp every other day when motivated and they increased the size. Now if the bp was one chosen bp every two days I could see that being powerful but the current building doesn't do that. Further, on beta at least it does not get motivated first when hitting the aid button, so someone needs to go in to specifically motivate it. I guess this building would be interesting as a 1x1 or 2x1 or 1x2 in space that I'm not using for anything better but as a 3x3 unless you are in a low age like bronze or iron age where you have a 1 in 2 or 1 in 4 chance for a bp you would want, I don't see its use.

DeletedUser25133

I played the event on beta. After completing all of the quests and collecting as many eggs as I could around the city, I was able to get 7 prizes from the event. Granted that was from the gold chest so I guess I could have gotten more if I went with the bronze chest, but not a lot of prizes. Hiding the eggs around the city by the game, I thought was a good idea, but I hope that when it goes live that there are more of them available or it really doesn't do much.
I hope the live event proves to be better than the beta version.

As to the Shrine of whatever, I am not sure why the developers thought this building is so powerful. It gives one bp every other day when motivated and they increased the size. Now if the bp was one chosen bp every two days I could see that being powerful but the current building doesn't do that. Further, on beta at least it does not get motivated first when hitting the aid button, so someone needs to go in to specifically motivate it. I guess this building would be interesting as a 1x1 or 2x1 or 1x2 in space that I'm not using for anything better but as a 3x3 unless you are in a low age like bronze or iron age where you have a 1 in 2 or 1 in 4 chance for a bp you would want, I don't see its use.

I understand that that Shrine gives one bp of GB of your age or lower, while a lot of people are seeking bps of higher ages.

DeletedUser10789

Surely over 2 days it is likely to be motivated eventually?

Hey Jaelis,
Did you play the event on the Beta Forums.? I am not 100% sure, but I do believe one of the complaints was that the SOI was NOT prioritized. Meaning, someone had to go in and actually Motivate it. I would assume that it was a bug and they will make it that. Still, I believe even you will agree who needs a 3x3 "Very Powerful Building", that gives out 1 BP every 2 days. All of my responses on the Beta Forums was to bring attention to "the game" and the Developers that changes do need to occur and happen to allow this type of "Very Powerful Building" to actually work for all players and not just one group of them.

Let's be adults and be honest here, you can write me privately and tell me if you agree or not, this NEW "Very Powerful Building", is the opposite of Powerful and the definition of "Inspiration" is somehow lost in translation. I know you and I have disagreed in the past and the past is the past, still you must agree that a 3x3 Building that gives out 1 Random Blue Print every other day is a JOKE and insulting to any player who will play this game. A player can M/P just their friends list and/or neighborhood and easily get the same results 2, 3, 4 or 5x's the effect daily. Then don't forget the NEW Great Building, The Rain Forest, which increases your chances to get more Blue Prints. Is the game saying something to all of us that the drop rates that are occurring now will diminish and this is a sign of some other changes to come or do these new developers just lack the vision and foresight that was once there.?

I am still trying to be positive and hoping that "the game" saw the error of their ways and they will change the event back like years past and OVERHAUL this quest thinking. Not many people like them, when they are stuck for days trying to scout and trying to unlock a new tech that they can't see to unlock. The quests can be quite annoying and the great aspect of this event, in past years, is the ability to NOT be forced to complete quests to get items you wanted. Also, with a market place to purchase what you wish. Now, the game as moved into a RANDOM luck of the draw and GAMBLING on HOPING you get the thing you want when you open a chest.

I for one, foresee and EPIC Fail and people complaining over and over. 54 Pages on Beta, should speak volumes. Or does it.? When a Company fails to inform their customers and let's face it, we are all customers here, that company goes down hard and fast. I pay REAL MONEY here to play this game and I just want to play it for fun. This event is NOT FUN at all and is in fact, one of the WORST I have seen yet. This will mark my 2 year anniversary for this game and is this the direction the game is taking.? I might add, finally, why would I want to spend money on a game who does not listen to the players and does what they want anyway. Talk about very bad creativity, lack of talent and failure to adjust to players wants and needs. This arrogance by a company, has shown in the past that companies who do this to their players, end up moving on to other games and maybe their learn from their mistakes, maybe not.

I have finally gotten to the end of the Tech Tree in FE and I was so looking forward to this event, like I said, it marks my 2 year anniversary. Still, all this with a Company and a Game who care so little about their players and their FAILURE to even address any of this makes me wonder, how are they in business and some actually have jobs. Maybe we should all move to Germany and get jobs like this, where we can fail and still have jobs. Wait, there is one type here in the USA, the Weatherman/woman. They are rarely right and they still have jobs. Sorry, I had to put that there. Also, don't ban me, as this is a "Feedback" thread and pursuant to the TOA (Terms of Agreement) I am afforded my right to express my opinion. There you have it. I think I said it all and look at my posts on the Beta Forums. Funny how I have nearly the same amount of likes on my posts as I have posts. Must say something.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser8152

Hey Jaelis,
Did you play the event on the Beta Forums.? I am not 100% sure, but I do believe one of the complaints was that the SOI was NOT prioritized. Meaning, someone had to go in and actually Motivate it.
I don't feel like this is quite right. The SoK is prioritized, meaning it is the first thing aided if available. I understand that the SoI is not prioritized. But it is still capable of being motivated by aid, is it not? Just like an eco park or an arcology. If so then I would imagine that it would eventually be aided over the course of two days. Or do you mean that it cannot be motivated by aiding, and requires manual motivation, period? If so that is a bit extraordinary.

Regarding the SoI in general, I am not planning to try to get one, and I wouldn't recommend it to my friends. But I understand there are other prizes available too :)

DeletedUser10415

If the shrine of awful gave a BP from ANY era (not just current and earlier) it might be worth it. But for the majority of people you will have atleast 1 full set of prints for every GB of your current and older era. And getting a single random print one you have reached 10+ level, is hardly worth it.

No, no. The shrine of awful (SoA) was last year's Easter event grand prize. It's what replaced the shrine of kewlness (SoK) from the previous year. What we've got this year is the shrine of irrelevance (SoI).

You can see the progression from good to horrible here:
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2014_Easter_Event
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2015_Easter_Event
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Easter_Event

DeletedUser8152

The devs said pretty explicitly they've retooled the event to be good for new players. And really the SoI isn't bad for a new player who's striving to get his first GB going. The new egg thing is better for a player who isn't in a guild and doesn't have a good group of friends yet. The random chests are better for new players who don't know what is good to buy and what isn't. Even the color guard is good for BA-EMA players.

So I think they succeeded in their goal. I think it is unfortunate that in doing so they made the event less attractive for experienced players. But honestly I can see why they might make that choice. Do the long-time, experienced players keep coming back for the events? I kind of doubt it. I think most everyone on this forum, and surely everyone on beta, would keep playing if they stopped doing events all together.

You can make a case that they ought to make sure to keep their dedicated players happy. And I hope they do take steps for that. (I guess you'd have to count new ages as that kind of step.) But if they want to make the events more about developing a bigger base of dedicated players, then I can't rationally fault them for it.

DeletedUser22214

Jaelis,

I would imagine that the SOI does get motivated if you do it manually. I have not yet tried, but it would be a pretty big bug if it can't get motivated at all. That is not the point though. Most players don't m/p manually; they just hit the aid button. In the day and a half since I got the SOI on beta it has not yet been motivated. As far as I'm aware all other buildings that give you bonus when motivated are prioritized, why should this one be different.

I am glad that you realize that this building is not good, maybe that could be passed along to the developers so that they could fix it.

As to the other prizes, it seems like the best thing to get is blueprints or forge point packs, and hopefully some of daily prizes. None of the new prizes seem to be any good.

DeletedUser8152

I'm not saying that the SoI can't be motivated manually. I'm saying (really asking) if it can get motivated by aiding, even if not prioritized. Whether it should be prioritized or not I don't have a strong opinion on. Since I don't expect to build one, it's kind of irrelevant to me :)

I'm quite sure the devs are already aware that people don't like the SoI. For a possible explanation why they have kept it, see my previous post.

DeletedUser22214

The devs said pretty explicitly they've retooled the event to be good for new players. And really the SoI isn't bad for a new player who's striving to get his first GB going. The new egg thing is better for a player who isn't in a guild and doesn't have a good group of friends yet. The random chests are better for new players who don't know what is good to buy and what isn't. Even the color guard is good for BA-EMA players.

If it's for new players then it definitely needs to be prioritized. In older cities it is pretty common for everything else to get motivated. In a new city it's pretty rare for that to happen