• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser20367

Not 100% sure but I think that SOI's are prioritized by Aid now. Both of mine on Beta were motivated within an hour of when I collected today. Prior to this it has taken much longer for them to be motivated. Haven't heard any official word though.

DeletedUser15042

No, no. The shrine of awful (SoA) was last year's Easter event grand prize. It's what replaced the shrine of kewlness (SoK) from the previous year. What we've got this year is the shrine of irrelevance (SoI).

You can see the progression from good to horrible here:
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2014_Easter_Event
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2015_Easter_Event
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Easter_Event

I meant to put the new shrine, not the SOA. Oops

garazon

Event started on English server, todays special Oasis, and you start out with 50 eggs :) at least you can get a chest the first day :)

DeletedUser24873

Thought the event was supposed to start on the US server today, but nothing has updated. I can go to the Forge site and see a different login page that seems to announce the Easter Event but it does not recognize my player name.

cbalto1927

Good morning everyone, it 9 am eastern time and Easter event haven't started yet. Anyone knows the time for the start of Easter event? While i wasn't here for last year's Easter event, i am curious how it would be this year.

DeletedUser8420

ok, so are we suppose to find eggs around our city or not? I heard that they are auto hidden by the game, but don't see any so wonder if that has changed?

DeletedUser8152

ok, so are we suppose to find eggs around our city or not? I heard that they are auto hidden by the game, but don't see any so wonder if that has changed?
I found one in the wilderness around my city.

DeletedUser8420

keep looking I just went back and found 3 each one was as far as from the other as they could get it.

DeletedUser8420

I use to love the eggs....Ok, so it was a myth...sort of...I guess...that if you timed it right you could get the max on the eggs...but it was fun trying to click it at just the right time. (I still say it worked....lol) anyway...the fun of the event has been annihilated...its just another event. Nothing special and I REALLY HATE IT WHEN THEY PUT TIMERS ON THE QUESTS...

DeletedUser6021

I liked it better when we could hide eggs in each others cities. Now you can only get a max of 3 eggs per day. So it will take SEVERAL days to earn enough to get the large chest. And I don't think it's random being that I got the same amount from each egg in all 6 cities a play in. Also it was more fun hiding eggs in others' cities and coming into your own city and seeing all those eggs. They could have made it so players could hide the eggs in the wilderness in each others' cities instead of decorations. But even I didn't mind having to put up a bunch of decos for others to have a place to put eggs and I strongly dislike 1x1s for the most part.

Also, the "Grand prize" isn't grand at all....it's pretty...well....sucky. I can get multiple BPs of varying ages, INCLUDING those higher than my current age, just by Aiding my friends, neighbors and guildies. I don't see any greatness in a building that pays out a BP every 2 days IF motivated and only from my age or lower...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

Just to clarify, you mainly get eggs from the quests and your town hall collection.

DeletedUser9732

Here's a question - is that big blue arrow going to keep showing up on every login? I've already completed today's quests and opened the easter window on previous logins, it doesn't need to remind me like that every time.

DeletedUser9184

Here's a question - is that big blue arrow going to keep showing up on every login? I've already completed today's quests and opened the easter window on previous logins, it doesn't need to remind me like that every time.
I think it shows until you select a chest.

danlgraw

I liked it better when we could hide eggs in each others cities. Now you can only get a max of 3 eggs per day. So it will take SEVERAL days to earn enough to get the large chest. And I don't think it's random being that I got the same amount from each egg in all 6 cities a play in. Also it was more fun hiding eggs in others' cities and coming into your own city and seeing all those eggs. They could have made it so players could hide the eggs in the wilderness in each others' cities instead of decorations. But even I didn't mind having to put up a bunch of decos for others to have a place to put eggs and I strongly dislike 1x1s for the most part.

Also, the "Grand prize" isn't grand at all....it's pretty...well....sucky. I can get multiple BPs of varying ages, INCLUDING those higher than my current age, just by Aiding my friends, neighbors and guildies. I don't see any greatness in a building that pays out a BP every 2 days IF motivated and only from my age or lower...
I agree with you, Inno @#$%@ this event up good. Screw you Inno.

DeletedUser10415

Now that the event has officially started, I can report with justification that IT SUCKS!!

I won't go into much detail, because if Inno isn't aware of why it sucks, after all the feedback they got for the event on the beta server, then explaining it to them again is pointless.

For the new players reading this thread, who didn't experience last year's Easter event, you should be just as disappointed as I am, if you only knew why. Know this - Inno has replaced a fun event where one could get the prizes they wanted, with a horrible event where everything is left to chance, assuming the % chances are even honest.