• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser10415

Only players who're interested in GvG have any use for an Observatory. Considering each age map has limited space, I would be generous to say that 100 guilds participate in any world. That leaves quite the number of players who have absolutely no use for one. Also, since it's functions are duplicated by three other GBs that each have desirable other boosts, it's really unlikely there would be very many of the players who do have them who'd be getting them past level ten. I picked up at least fourteen of those BPs...I've had an Observatory forever and it's still just level five.

DeletedUser10415

How is it that a Color Guard Camp is bigger than a Champion's Retreat? Color Guards are peasants with pretty clothes. If anything should be bigger it's the Champion Retreat. CGCs should be 2x2.

DeletedUser13838

Care to explain how what I've stated is incorrect?
You're interpreting the results the wrong way. The test statistic tells you the probability of getting results at least as extreme as the observations, assuming the null hypothesis is true. It does not tell you the probability that the alternative hypothesis is true, where the alternative is that the stated probabilities are wrong.

DeletedUser6172

Care to explain how what I've stated is incorrect?
Well I enjoyed the discussion, that's for sure. Here's an Easter Egg for you.
Just in case you're ever tempted to join us over in Elvenar>us1>FairyLand>Katwijk.
Take a look at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....ming-about-tournaments.1728/page-4#post-13167
In particular, the XenForo forum software has superior support for BBCode formatted tables, as you will see.
At this point, the appropriate academic response would be to apply for a Grant.:p More investigation is obviously needed, huh? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25726

I enjoyed the Easter event for the most part. I wasn't expecting that much but got a few nice things from the chests. But I am pretty new to the game. I did find that eggs to hunt for didn't show up unless I opened a box. Often there was only one egg cache hiding in my wilderness areas and days with no eggs towards the end. Despite the oddities, I did enjoy the event.

DeletedUser15804

I hated this event compared to the past Easter events; it simply was not fun for me. At least in the past you could directly buy what you wanted with eggs. I refuse to spend any money (actually play store credits in this case) on entirely random rewards.

DeletedUser13942

I don't care about the numbers. I care about the enjoyability of the game. I got some good prizes, got some bad prizes. But at the end of the day, in my opinion, the event was boring and unenjoyable. Knowing of the upcoming "events" all I see is more of the same. It is sad that one of the truly unique events has become another cookie cutter garbage pile that I couldn't wait to end

I also spent a few hours everyday on my other game which I hadn't played in over a month during this event. Perhaps a boring event is worse for the game than no event?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10415

I also spent a few hours everyday on my other game which I hadn't played in over a month during this event. Perhaps a boring event is worse for the game than no event?

I found myself checking out 'the other game' too during the course of this 2016 Easter event...

DeletedUser6163

Failure to meet expectations based on previous experiences just makes us feel slighted and like our enjoyment of the game does not matter to the ones who put the game out for us to play.

DeletedUser20367

While I have to say that I'm pleased with the prizes that I got from the Easter Event I do agree that it wasn't really much fun. Crank through the quests, get the eggs, spend them and hope for the best. Just one (short) step up from being handed a bunch of 'chest opening actions'. Of course Inno's purpose in having events is to generate diamond sales and I have no idea how this one compared to the previous format. We might find out next year if they go back to the previous style but otherwise we'll likely never know. Still, a little more creativity on these events would make them more popular.

DeletedUser13838

From my perspective they just need to make 2 changes from last year's event. Let us hide eggs in other city's wilderness instead of decos and get rid of the limitation on hiding actions. I didn't mind the chests so much since most of the good prizes last year were in chests as well (at least that I remember).

DeletedUser18114

I am curious, is the Color Guard Broken? Or is it as worthless as the drummer boy? Originally I thought the item would at least be comparable to the "heavy unit" of the era it was representing. This things a complete joke. Iron age or above and you're taking a huge loss putting it in. Other then the defense bonus if you have 7 other decent units then you'll at least gang an additional 77 point bonus. Means little when the worthless bum's taking up space that could be occupied by a much more valuable unit worth triple. Big joke and a waste of space if you own the building. I wouldn't bother building it. But like the other player said, the unattached unit will come in handy as a delete unit.

DeletedUser6163

Or is it as worthless as the drummer boy?

You nailed it! If you look at the stats (attack/defense) you will see as a stand-alone unit, the color guard is almost as effective as an Iron Age Legionnaire. Like the drummer, it is geared toward the newest players.

Color guards can also be seen in defense or siege armies placed by a player intending to rob the other player of points. 1 color guard and 7 rogues as a siege army is easy to beat but if you don't want your enemy to get any points off your sieges, it's a fun trick to play.

I imagine with the upcoming "All Ages" GvG map, currently being tested in beta, we may see less of these dummy siege armies, as more guild members would be able to assist with taking these down.

Algona

I posted Thread Awards in the second post of this thread.

My take:

If INNO had given players the option of rotating the static chest prizes after they had been won one time, 2016 would have wound up being a much better Event then 2015.

Never, ever, repeat The Bouncing Blue Arrow of Mind Sucking Soul Searing Doom.

Give us a few eggs a day to hide.

SoI Grand Prize is awful except for players in the first few Eras.

Color Guard Camp is awful. Repeated Color Guard Camps was the worst 'feature' of this Event.

I really like the Foeberge. Great pun, great flavor, very good building. Wish I'd gotten more than 3.

I did fine. I spent no diamonds. Got half way to the Watchfire Grand Prize, 4 WW, 1 SoK, 1 Reno Kit, assorted other stuff. I fot way more this year than last year. Yeah, I know, other people did worse. Sucks to be you.

I'm having a tough time deciding if this year or last year was better. I got more good prizes this year and the quests were easier, last year was more fun and did not have The Cursed Bouncing Blue Arrow of -4 Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom.

DeletedUser18114

I posted Thread Awards in the second post of this thread.

My take:

If INNO had given players the option of rotating the static chest prizes after they had been won one time, 2016 would have wound up being a much better Event then 2015.

Never, ever, repeat The Bouncing Blue Arrow of Mind Sucking Soul Searing Doom.

Give us a few eggs a day to hide.

SoI Grand Prize is awful except for players in the first few Eras.

Color Guard Camp is awful. Repeated Color Guard Camps was the worst 'feature' of this Event.

I really like the Foeberge. Great pun, great flavor, very good building. Wish I'd gotten more than 3.

I did fine. I spent no diamonds. Got half way to the Watchfire Grand Prize, 4 WW, 1 SoK, 1 Reno Kit, assorted other stuff. I fot way more this year than last year. Yeah, I know, other people did worse. Sucks to be you.

I'm having a tough time deciding if this year or last year was better. I got more good prizes this year and the quests were easier, last year was more fun and did not have The Cursed Bouncing Blue Arrow of -4 Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom.

Last year was BY FAR better. Too many booby prizes in the form of Color Guards and Drummer Boys to make it equal to last year. Seemed like the watchfire was harder to get this year. Foeberge was nice. I didn't buy any diamonds either. I spent a handful, but bought none. Might have, had there been if the Color Guard (like the Rogues & champions) were equal to the current era's heavy unit. After all, it claims to be one.