• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Efficient Attack layout ratio

DeletedUser29563

I've been pondering what a good attack bonus vs. space used ratio would be. So I analyzed my cities. To my surprise, my biggest attack boost city wasn't the most efficient.
The most efficient layout I have is a PME city I use for lower age GvG. It breaks down like this:
L10 Colossus/11%/16
Fire Pagoda/10%/16
L2 Sakura rock/10%/6
Botan. Garden/7%/9
L7 Yggdrasil/24%/9
RM Gateway/5%/6
2x Pirate ship/16%/42
3x Alter Artemis/15%/18
5x winner plaza/15%/18
8x Carousels/48%/72
13x Cont. estate/39%/78
L95 CDM/73%/25
L89 Zeus/70%/6
L87 CoA/69%/24

Attack 412%
372 tiles of space used:
412÷372=1.107

So..im getting 1.1% attack per tile used. But is that efficient? Well, who knows, I've nothing to compare it to. If any of you would like to offer up your ratio I would love to see it. You don't have to break it down in a list if you don't want...I just would like to know what is the "norm". What's efficient, and what is not.

DeletedUser30312

Winner's Plazas have the benefit of increasing their attack bonus by age. They start at 2% in BA, and hit 6% at SAM. They increase at a rate of roughly 1/5 ages, but they go up once each in both VF and SAM. So the building is worth more to higher age players. I have 4 of them, but they're all in storage waiting for the day when my city is advanced enough for a Reno to unlock their true power.

I removed the Winner's Plazas and Contestant Estates I had in my main city to replace them with Carousels, since it gave me more attack in the same amount of space. They all went into storage for eventual later use if necessary. During the Soccer Event that jut ended, I grabbed at least a half dozen Contestant Estates for a city I'm building for IA GE fighting. I ignored the Winner Plazas there since their attack boost is smaller, and I'm not planning to level the city. I have 4 of the Estates in the city for a total of +12%, the same number of Winner's Plazas would be a paltry +4% instead.

mamboking053

Since there is no real specific ration for the best efficiency of attack/square (except that more is better) than you really should just line up everything that offers the bonus and list it from most efficient to less efficient, but they have something like this in wiki, right?

DeletedUser30312

For the record, let's see what I've got:

Zeus lvl 10, 30%, 6 tiles
CoA lvl 10, 30%, 24 tiles
CdM lvl 10, 30%, 25 tiles
TA lvl 6, 12%, 24 tiles
Carousel x5, 30%, 45 tiles
Yggdrasil level 4, 12%, 9 tiles
Level 10 Colossus, 11%, 16 tiles
Fire Pagoda, 10%, 16 tiles
Level 2 Sakura Rock, 10%, 6 tiles
Checkmate Square, 8%, 9 tiles
The Pirate Ship, 8%, 21 tiles
Botanical Rotunda, 7%, 9 tiles
Level 2 Piazza Clock Tower, 6%, 6 tiles
Elephant Fountain, 5%, 16 tiles
Royal Marble Gateway, 4%, 6 tiles
Classical Garden Pool x4, 20%, 32 tiles

Total 233%, 270 tiles, average 0.86%/tile.

Hmm, perhaps I should think of ditching the Elephant Fountain, since it's only a paltry 5% in a 4x4, and requires another 8 tiles just to power it up with the other set pieces. I'd have space for another level 2 Cherry Garden (I have the pieces for it) if I did that and that would make up for the lost bonuses on the Fountain. Mine's lower over all since the TA isn't at level 10 yet, and I haven't pushed the other GBs past 10, while yours are pushing level 100. And I still need more Ygg levels.

ODragon

I fell like counting the Level 2 Sakura Rock, 10%, 6 tiles is off since you can only get that boost with having some of the adjacent buildings. Same goes with the elephant gate. You can make the sets more efficient but still requires more than just the single building.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, the set pieces are a little harder to count because the full set size is required, or at least most of it. Soooo...

Elephant Fountain needs the entire set, so that's 24 tiles total.
The Sakura Rock and Piazza Clock I think need three other pieces to the sets? So that's 19 tiles total.
Of course that's assuming something like the default setups, and not some of the really crazy stuff people have done to mash multiple set pieces together.

Classical Garden Pool also requires the whole set, but you can sandwich them with the other two pieces in between two pools for maximum benefit, and that's what I have. It's also still pretty similar to the default setup. So that one gets harder to count as well.

And then there's the Winter Village where one might be able to do some really wacky stuff with Halmbocks if they hook them up to enough stuff. And those pieces don't even need road connections! Come to think of it, those little boost pieces from the Winter Village might be very very valuable depending on what we get with a certain upcoming feature....

mamboking053

Slightly off topic, but what's you attack-defense bonus, MtM? Can you auto through GE without losing a unit?

BruteForceAttack

I've been pondering what a good attack bonus vs. space used ratio would be. So I analyzed my cities. To my surprise, my biggest attack boost city wasn't the most efficient.
The most efficient layout I have is a PME city I use for lower age GvG. It breaks down like this:
L10 Colossus/11%/16
Fire Pagoda/10%/16
L2 Sakura rock/10%/6
Botan. Garden/7%/9
L7 Yggdrasil/24%/9
RM Gateway/5%/6
2x Pirate ship/16%/42
3x Alter Artemis/15%/18
5x winner plaza/15%/18
8x Carousels/48%/72
13x Cont. estate/39%/78
L95 CDM/73%/25
L89 Zeus/70%/6
L87 CoA/69%/24

Attack 412%
372 tiles of space used:
412÷372=1.107

So..im getting 1.1% attack per tile used. But is that efficient? Well, who knows, I've nothing to compare it to. If any of you would like to offer up your ratio I would love to see it. You don't have to break it down in a list if you don't want...I just would like to know what is the "norm". What's efficient, and what is not.

Add Terracotta Army GB, the defense that it gives to attack units like zeus /coa/cdm is more important :).. You can also easily get 30% from tavern for no space :)

Triopoly Champion

Add Terracotta Army GB, the defense that it gives to attack units like zeus /coa/cdm is more important :).. You can also easily get 30% from tavern for no space :)
This is why I like Colonial Champions so much, the extra defense of the attacking units are there by default, no needs to keep leveling up those 4 military GBs, thus I can concentrate on advancing up other stuffs such as AO and Cape.

Triopoly Champion

But they don't stand a chance against SAM troops, do they?
SAM troops won't appear in my Colonial GE, thus I won't have to worry about them.

I believe Yggdrasil should offer the defense for the attacking army and/or the attack for the defending army, otherwise I just stay in Colonial which is the best age of all according to the current game system.

BruteForceAttack

SAM troops won't appear in my Colonial GE, thus I won't have to worry about them.

I believe Yggdrasil should offer the defense for the attacking army and/or the attack for the defending army, otherwise I just stay in Colonial which is the best age of all according to the current game system.

Then stop talking about your colonial champs in every damm thread. Thanks to you everyone knows that the only way to win FOE is to have Alabaster deposit and now colonial camps.

Triopoly Champion

Then stop talking about your colonial champs in every damm thread. Thanks to you everyone knows that the only way to win FOE is to have Alabaster deposit and now colonial camps.
I'm going to level my AO up to probably level 70, since Critical Hit is virtually the 5th military stats, so Profit Zone AO is after Colonial Champions, be ready when I move to the next key.

Time to fix Tomorrow Era, most top players know it's very hard, not enough defense boosts for the attacking army and GB goods don't sell for fps well.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

Here is what i have currently.

8-Elephant Fountain- 72%
1-Yggdrasil - 30%
3-carousel - 24%
1-Colossus - 15%
2-Alter of Artemis - 14%
1-Fire Pagoda - 12%
1- Speaker Corner - 10%
1-Checkmate Square - 10%
1- Botanical Rotunda - 10%
1-Pirate ship - 8%
1-Royal Marble Gateway - 7%
1-L1Sakura Rock - 5%
2- Greater Rune stone - 4%

1-Rocket Range - 8%
Zeus 82%
CoA- 80%
CDM - 78%
TA - 60%

Total Attack/Def = 529/300

Last edited:

Jern2017

1x Colossus 11%
1x Fire Pagoda 10%
1x Sakura Rock 10%
1x Pirate Ship 8%
1x Botanical Rotunda 7%
1x Yggdrasil 6%
1x Altar of Artemis 5%
1x Elephant Fountain 5%
1x Royal Marble Gateway 4%
3x Contestants' Estate 9%
4x Carousel 24%

Statue of Zeus 54%
Castel del Monte 39%
Cathedral of Aachen 38%
Terracotta Army 22%

Total: 252/153

Super Catanian

I'm not a huge GB leveler, at least with fighting bonuses, so I have braced myself for any upcoming ridicule. I just made it to the Modern Era BTW, so that will surely make it worse.

Level 10 Colossus/10%/16
Botanical Rotunda/6%/9
Carousel/5%/9
Classical Garden Pool/5%/8
Level 1 Piazza Clock Tower/4%/6
Contestant's Estate/3%/6
Statue of Zeus/18%/6
Cathedral of Aachen/15%/24

Total Attack Boost: 66%
Tiles used: 84
Efficiency: 0.79% per tile.

DeletedUser30312

Here's some data, including the Pirate Guard Post from the upcoming Summer Event (it's already been announced on the Forum, and I don't feel like redoing this post in two days).

boosts.jpg

Sets basically assume the full set in the "default" configuration, except for the Winter Village. The Winter Village's Halmbock assumes the two 1x1 tents and another 2 tile boosting piece for the minimum requirements to get the full 3% attack boost, since the Winter village has 9 pieces, but the Halmbock only requires 3 others to actually operate. Upgradeable buildings list the highest attack bonus achievable with the building. GBs not included on the list, there's too many potential levels to count and anyone serious about fighting is likely to build them anyway.

Yggdrasil by far is the most efficient attack booster in the game at level 9. Nothing else even comes close. The Altar of Artemis and Royal Marble Gateway are the next efficient buildings, and even then they only have half the Ygg's boost at their highest levels. Botanical Rotunda, Checkmate Square, and Speaker's Corner are the next best buildings, though their boosts depend on their age. The Pirate Guard post will be pretty strong from CE upwards, and at CE will beat out everything except the Ygg for those of you who like to camp that age. Also, it's a decoration, so it won't need roads, but you'll need to worry about it stealing aid. The Carousel is a little weaker than those buildings, but it has a defense bonus as well. Winner's Plaza is actually pretty weak. The Contestant's Estate is also pretty weak, and the Winner's Plaza doesn't beat it until VF.

Of the upgradeable buildings, the Colossus comes in second behind the might Ygg. Fire Pagoda trails it and the Pirate Ship, while looking pretty impressive, is by far the least efficient booster among the upgradeables.

The set pieces are the most inefficient boosters overall. The Classical Garden Pool is the best of the lot, followed by a level 2 Sakura.