• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egg me?

DeletedUser

Fine with that.

Another question(Maybe I just overlooked it, but here goes...):
Is there a limit to the amount of people you can "egg".
I mean: do you need to have an amount of eggs to "invest" in order to "egg" someones deco, or is it like P/M and you can egg everyone in your neighbourhood/guild/friends-list?

DeletedUser2145

There is a limit. We get a new bar, like the FP one, just with eggs. The main difference is that the eggs one has a limit of 6 instead of 10, so unless you can manage only 5 hours of sleep every day, you're bound to lose some. Therefore an egg an hour, and you can only buy more with diamonds.

DeletedUser

So; Anyone that's not an insomiac desk-jockey gets the short end...
Not really elegant..

But then again; Devs aside, there aren't that many insomniac desk-jockeys in the world. ;-)

On the up-side:
That means I don't have to neglect my Tower-activities, since there's not enough eggs to even cover my guildies OR friends-list members. Let alone, spending it in the neighbourhood...

Last edited by a moderator:

*Arturis*

So; Anyone that's not an insomiac desk-jockey gets the short end...
Not really elegant..

But then again; Devs aside, there aren't that many insomniac desk-jockeys in the world. ;-)

On the up-side:
That means I don't have to neglect my Tower-activities, since there's not enough eggs to even cover my guildies OR friends-list members. Let alone, spending it in the neighborhood...

A good rule of thumb you can apply about eggs planting in other people city is to open your my window and put eggs on those that laid eggs on your city, whoever put in first get eggs lay in their city first and going down the list. It will be close to fair in term of returning the favor. I said close because you might have more people putting eggs on your city than 24/day of which you could manage to return, but at least you have some kind of system to ensure eggs will be laid in your city for the duration of the event.

DeletedUser

Which is exactly what I was planning. =)

Edit:
Provided we're being noticed of someone, hiding an egg like we're being noticed about P/M-ing.

DeletedUser2145

Yep, there are notifications in the event window of who has hidden an egg in your city and you can "visit" them from that window. Go back, visit another person on the list, etc.

What I did was starting from behind, and going up to the top. Funnily enough, I'm still 2 pages behind with delivering eggs, but alas I lack the diamonds to give them out in bigger number.

DeletedUser

I thought I had run out of questions, but re-viewing that little movie made me come up with another one:
The movie shows the unlock-costs for the rogues hideout, but what are the regular production-costs of rogues?

DeletedUser2145

Actually, the Rogue doesn't fall into any age, just so they can be used freely in any Tower. A Bronze Age unit would do the same, and initially the Rogue had "Bronze Unit" next to its name, but that was removed to clear the confusion and point out that same thing. There is also no cost for retraining the units from the Rogue Hideout (0 coin, 0 supplies).

No cost. :D

*Arturis*

How do you exactly collect the eggs that laid in your city? Could you collect them as soon as they are laid in your city or you have to wait 12 hours for it to be mature like the regular P/M countdown time?

DeletedUser2145

You collect them as they're placed. And well, after doing a refresh. Yes, yes, the annoying refresh once again, but you cannot expect from the game to just put up the eggs in display without a refresh. :)

DeletedUser

These details will all be clear when the feature is released... This is ALL just spoilers.

What I'd like is for management to stop being all hush-hush and give a hint when the promo starts. It's been in beta forever, and relative to previous holiday promotions it's ridiculous how many people know ALL the details prior.

Easter is the end of this month, the month is more than half over, and we usually get an announcement a week ahead of time for even the small holiday promotions. I can just picture it: tons of players on holiday / spring break, and suddenly a 6-hour egg counter bomb drops.

No one would be resentful of that, I'm suuuurrrre. :p

DeletedUser

To be frankly honest no one is sure when the Dev's have it set for release on the main US Servers. That's been asked repeatedly. The leaks about the questlines are coming from the BETA Server (ZZ) which has had it for quite some time.

DeletedUser

Yes, I know everything you have said. I am on beta ZZ as well. What my post implied is that it is now time for there to be an announcement, or players are going to be resentful that management cannot communicate big promotions in a timely manner... YET AGAIN

E.G. the Dunarsund contest didn't get enough PR until the new world was released, at which point a lot of ppl who would of liked to participate were late to the party. I only won the no diamond tier b/c (1) I was up late at night and noticed just as the new world was released, and (2) I know what I am doing and can maintain a lead.

p.s. I am of course short-selling myself. Many of my competitors who placed after me have been since banned for multi-accounting, using push accounts, and possibly employing browser add-on scripts. But still, I think many people (e.g. Lanthano) know what I mean about timely announcements.

DeletedUser4074

E.G. the Dunarsund contest didn't get enough PR until the new world was released, at which point a lot of ppl who would of liked to participate were late to the party. I only won the no diamond tier b/c (1) I was up late at night and noticed just as the new world was released, and (2) I know what I am doing and can maintain a lead.

Or the Progressive Era GB contest, which I only found about when I saw people in the forum complaining that the link in the announcement didn't work - and I have still never seen the announcement.

DeletedUser

Or the Progressive Era GB contest, which I only found about when I saw people in the forum complaining that the link in the announcement didn't work - and I have still never seen the announcement.

shMike... i'd like to empathize with you, but all you need to do is look at the FORUM => ANNOUNCEMENTS section. The progressive era GB contest is the primary thread there, and the announcements section is the first sub-forum listed when you visit US forums. Sorry, but that contest is as well-advertised as one can expect, outside of an in-game announcement.

DeletedUser4074

shMike... i'd like to empathize with you, but all you need to do is look at the FORUM => ANNOUNCEMENTS section. The progressive era GB contest is the primary thread there, and the announcements section is the first sub-forum listed when you visit US forums. Sorry, but that contest is as well-advertised as one can expect, outside of an in-game announcement.

I meant an announcement in-game, which I would have expected - I'm only obsessively trawling the fora when I am supposed to be doing something else. (Like now!) It is still true that the first I saw of the contest was people complaining about the link not working, rather than the contest itself.

DeletedUser2145

I did get an announcement in-game for the GB contest, as should have everyone. Maybe that was removed when the link error showed up, not sure, but there was quite a big announcement in-game that day.

And, from what I've seen so far, announcements in-game are made just when the contest/activity starts, so I'm sure the starting time of the Easter Egg event will be promoted enough when it's finally here.

DeletedUser2145

To be frankly honest no one is sure when the Dev's have it set for release on the main US Servers. That's been asked repeatedly. The leaks about the questlines are coming from the BETA Server (ZZ) which has had it for quite some time.

As Diego said, no one is sure when this will start. Obviously it'll be around Easter, that much is clear, but nothing beyond, sorry.