• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

Lannister the Rich

Sounds fun! I don’t like that roads cost settlement currency, but it seems like it will be an interesting challenge at least. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see, but I’m looking forward to playing!

DeletedUser41769

From what I am reading, a player who does not fight in the game will not be able to complete Egypt through negotiations or other non-fighting methods - correct?

DeletedUser30791

From what I am reading, a player who does not fight in the game will not be able to complete Egypt through negotiations or other non-fighting methods - correct?
Correct but it is only a couple fights per day. No need to do the hard fight. You can just do the easy fight the 1st couple days until you build up your troops.

DeletedUser30791

Sounds fun! I don’t like that roads cost settlement currency, but it seems like it will be an interesting challenge at least. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see, but I’m looking forward to playing!
I found the road cost to be a non factor. Expansions are cheap. Had little need to move roads let alone delete them and rebuild them.

DeletedUser41769

Got it - folks who don't fight shouldn't try Egypt settlement unless Inno includes non-fighting methods in future releases.

DeletedUser30312

I get the feeling this is going to make me want to go off and play Pharaoh instead.

Unless the fighting is actually entertaining, the military aspects of Pharaoh were a huge pain.

Jern2017

I wish the main building offered some kind of military boost, that could possibly make me endure the mind numbing repetitiveness of Cultural Settlements, but since it doesn't offer it, I will skip it.

UBERhelp1

I wish the main building offered some kind of military boost, that could possibly make me endure the mind numbing repetitiveness of Cultural Settlements, but since it doesn't offer it, I will skip it.
The unattached troops are technically a military boost. And the secondary buildings, Ancient Obelisks, give defense for attacking troops. At the very least, I'd complete the settlements just to get the FP emissary.

Jern2017

The unattached troops are technically a military boost. And the secondary buildings, Ancient Obelisks, give defense for attacking troops. At the very least, I'd complete the settlements just to get the FP emissary.

Technically, they are. But I have a high level Alcatraz which more than covers my need for troops.

I know the Ancient Obelisk provides a boost, but you have to finish the settlement in time to get fragments for it and because I really dislike this particular area of the game, I can't imagine bringing myself to actively work on the settlement to finish in any specific time frame.

DeletedUser28655

will the bathhouse give attack or defense boost for attacking army? Would make sense seeing its an attack like settlement.
Bath house is 12 fp and 30 goods for the guild. When motivated it will produce 10 troops

DeletedUser14197

I wonder how hard it is to battle on mobile. I only play on my phone and I find it very difficult to know which tiles are safe for hoovers and eels on my phone. It sounds like you need to be able to hide for some if the fights and also stay out if range. I find both hard to know in my phone and sometimes in ge if I move a hover to an unsafe tile I do not have the option to change its location so will start over. Is this likely to be an issue in the settlement?

qaccy

@honey55 I agree that battling on mobile is...far less preferable to doing it on PC. While I commend Inno for making manual battling possible, there's just too much information lost by not being able to hover over the battlefield, especially when it's hard to tell at a glance what type of terrain a given tile is.

Settlement battles are likely to require strategy as rogues and city boosts are not a factor here, so I'll probably be avoiding the battling while I'm on break at work and will be waiting until I'm at home with PC access.