• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

CherryButterfly

I also think it is a waste, especially when you consider how much effort is needed to win these battles... I guess for some players it is easier, but I tend to hear that it is challenging, as I have found it to be. However, I don't see "Challenging" as a negative. We wouldn't be here if it was merely a click and win game we seek.
But, some sort of recognition for battles won seems appropriate.

qaccy

@sirblu Eh, it adds up to about 1.5-2k battle points per day for all three battles. Not really anything to write home about. Should still get the ranking points from the battles anyway (50 battle points = 1 ranking point).

planetofthehumans2

Its been 3 months and I've seen no players in L world with the bath house or the pylon. I know people are playing the settlement, but the fully upgraded prize is hardly worth something that will in essence take an entire year of the game to obtain. 12FP and 10 units? Faster just to level GB for the same effect. Even the shinto temple and the dojos amount to around the same fully upgraded, 12FP and 5 units and half the time. Just a difference of space and even then all you need to do is level traz. And then ultimately, late game players just don't need the FP, they all have the viking tree for the attack buff.

The bathhouse need a big buff, and it needs to be more than the other settlements.

Been through it now enough that my Bathhouse will be a level 5 in the next few days. I enjoy the new challenges and appreciate the prizes given to me just for participating in the settlement. I don't ever expect INNO to make any element of this game more "fair" than any other one; just different. Diamond players will always have some advantages, however making it through this settlement within the allotted time frame for the maximum rewards without paying diamonds is a bonus. It is a fine balance between keeping the diamond players buying and the free-to-play players satisfied and INNO has accomplished it with this settlement. (Of course I am not suggesting that everyone is happy with it, or even enjoying doing it as they are doing it).

The fighting is definitely flawed and skewed towards the AI winning. I have been tracking it since the first time through. By this I mean that the same units on the same terrain do not produce the same effect when attacking or defending. The best strategies for getting through the battles have been listed in many of the above entries so I will not repeat them here.

-Sebastian-

Its been 3 months and I've seen no players in L world with the bath house or the pylon. I know people are playing the settlement, but the fully upgraded prize is hardly worth something that will in essence take an entire year of the game to obtain.

I don't think it's a full year. I'd say more like 2 weeks * 10 tries = 20 weeks. Even going slowly, I don't think it should take much more than 6 months to get a full bathhouse and 3 full obelisks (2*12=24 weeks, plus a fudge factor).

qaccy

Its been 3 months and I've seen no players in L world with the bath house or the pylon. I know people are playing the settlement, but the fully upgraded prize is hardly worth something that will in essence take an entire year of the game to obtain. 12FP and 10 units? Faster just to level GB for the same effect. Even the shinto temple and the dojos amount to around the same fully upgraded, 12FP and 5 units and half the time. Just a difference of space and even then all you need to do is level traz. And then ultimately, late game players just don't need the FP, they all have the viking tree for the attack buff.

The bathhouse need a big buff, and it needs to be more than the other settlements.

I don't think the bathhouse needs a buff at all. The settlement main prizes are some of the strongest buildings in the game on a per tile basis, even compared to the most recent event buildings. And since players can never have more than one of any of them, much like GBs, it's not even a question whether or not any of them are worth building. It'd take a very narrow criteria to deem a settlement reward to be not worth building as opposed to something else, especially at max level.

ODragon

FWIW, The bathhouse is very low on the motivation list so you often will get the FP from it but not the troops. You can also plunder it and get the FP!

-Sebastian-

FWIW, The bathhouse is very low on the motivation list so you often will get the FP from it but not the troops. You can also plunder it and get the FP!

Oooooh, I hadn't noticed that. I'm all for Inno making more buildings that are good plunder targets, but I wonder whether doing that to the main settlement reward buildings is a good idea.

qaccy

Oooooh, I hadn't noticed that. I'm all for Inno making more buildings that are good plunder targets, but I wonder whether doing that to the main settlement reward buildings is a good idea.

I think it's a safe bet that a lot of players who regularly engage with cultural settlements are the type who also don't really have to worry about stuff not getting motivated. The players who typically make easy plunder targets (the ones at the bottom of the neighborhood with cities that look like they've been through a blender) most likely don't fall into this category. They'll have some nice event buildings or terrace farms to hit though!

ODragon

I think it's a safe bet that a lot of players who regularly engage with cultural settlements are the type who also don't really have to worry about stuff not getting motivated. The players who typically make easy plunder targets (the ones at the bottom of the neighborhood with cities that look like they've been through a blender) most likely don't fall into this category. They'll have some nice event buildings or terrace farms to hit though!

Surprisingly, I found out about the motivation by plundering one of these neighbors. The Bathhouse is his only 2+ FP building!

Vatara

I find the creatures you have to fight in the pyramid are way over powered compared to your own troops, I have have the full 8, they have six...but will still outright murder my whole team. Been in the same battle 3 days for how long it takes to get 8 higher tier troops. Its just not worth it.

P C C

I find the creatures you have to fight in the pyramid are way over powered compared to your own troops, I have have the full 8, they have six...but will still outright murder my whole team. Been in the same battle 3 days for how long it takes to get 8 higher tier troops. Its just not worth it.
The normal matchup strategy where you pick your troops based on the opposing troops doesn't work as well in Egypt. But if you use 8 Nubian Archers and manual battle, make sure not to get hit before you can attack, and only attack camels from outside the 'Contact' retaliation range, then you should be able to win at least the easy and medium battles every day against any type of opposing troops (and often win the hard battles too, though it is sometimes better to skip those).

Vger

Been in the same battle 3 days for how long it takes to get 8 higher tier troops. Its just not worth it.
Don't fight the same battle 3 days in a row. Use the DISMISS button and hope for a better match up the next day. It is worth it, in the end.

Savvy187

If you are unlucky with the multiplier you can run out of loot daily even if you clear all three battles. This settlement is tedious at best.

Joeyjojojo

If you are unlucky with the multiplier you can run out of loot daily even if you clear all three battles. This settlement is tedious at best.
This depends on how many goods buildings you have up. It did happen to me a few times in the first few times through, but even when it did, it wasn't like the settlement was ever difficult to complete within time. Pretty sure I had nearly a week to spare even the last few times through. I'll add that on those occasions when I'm short I set as many goods buildings as I can to 4 hr productions instead of 8 to have more to collect with the chance of hitting 4x--on a longer time scale with more total productions I don't think this matters statistically, but on a short one with just a few it does.

What people consider tedium differs, of course, but I found this settlement the least tedious: I didn't need to be on every hour or 4 to try and max out productions, coin was plentiful after a day or two, expansions are easy to get, and with the obstacle removal, you can pick and chose to get an effective area to work with, and the fighting actually does involve some strategy since you can't use GBs to steam roll them--and since there are only 3/day even with manual fighting it doesn't take long. All told a low stress settlement, with a really good secondary building.

Wwwoodchuck

I agree, Egypt was the least tedious and did not need to be babysitted. It is just long. On my 9th run I did not get any 4x loot until the very end and only 1, 4x good. I still had over a day to go. 10th run I was flooded with 4x loot and went half the settlement without having to battle. I did one for the gather 300 loot.. and got another 4x! It is all just luck.

I started the Aztec and it feels like it is going to be Vikings all over again. Short cycling Shrines to get enough coins early on. Really slow beginning days until you get some expansions in to ramp production up.

Savvy187

This depends on how many goods buildings you have up. It did happen to me a few times in the first few times through, but even when it did, it wasn't like the settlement was ever difficult to complete within time. Pretty sure I had nearly a week to spare even the last few times through. I'll add that on those occasions when I'm short I set as many goods buildings as I can to 4 hr productions instead of 8 to have more to collect with the chance of hitting 4x--on a longer time scale with more total productions I don't think this matters statistically, but on a short one with just a few it does.

What people consider tedium differs, of course, but I found this settlement the least tedious: I didn't need to be on every hour or 4 to try and max out productions, coin was plentiful after a day or two, expansions are easy to get, and with the obstacle removal, you can pick and chose to get an effective area to work with, and the fighting actually does involve some strategy since you can't use GBs to steam roll them--and since there are only 3/day even with manual fighting it doesn't take long. All told a low stress settlement, with a really good secondary building.
I said tedious, not difficult. The loot feature is a random method of slowing progress that we cannot alter through game play. Essentially no point in me removing obstacles with diamonds if I am not going to be able to keep buildings producing anyway, lol. I didn't even have to get all the cheap expansions my last play through, as I was running out of loot even without them. Want people to spend diamonds removing obstacles? Maybe make sure that they are going to actually be able to use the space, lol.

Joeyjojojo

I said tedious, not difficult
I understood, and I did say "not difficult" (to complete within time, which is the relevant aspect to this) in the first paragraph when I was talking more generally. But I said "least tedious" not "least difficult" when I was actually addressing that point, so I don't really get this comment. I consider having to log in every hour to get currency tedious. Don't have to do that here. I consider the tearing down and rebuilding and shuffling buildings around to deal with space issues every time I need the diplomacy to unlock tech tedious. Don't have to do that here. Not enough loot? Having completed, I found that to be an issue that goes away after completing the first few settlements but even when it is an issue, it means less logging in since you can't get more until the next day, but that certainly can increase the total time to complete by a couple days. But, if a couple extra days is what you consider tedious, then that would be the difference in our perceptions. ;)

Last edited:

Vger

Essentially no point in me removing obstacles with diamonds if I am not going to be able to keep buildings producing anyway, lol.
Is there any point in removing obstacles with diamonds if you can keep buildings producing? Other than impatience, I suppose.