• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

Freshmeboy

Couple issues with the format....far too many impediments for the amount of buildings required with relief coming at the end when its not as important. I agree with Super about the last quest..30K in Deben is a killer...with my entire layout devoted to housing and shrines, it would still take 11+ hours to gain that much at 5 minute increments. In a game with a tight timeline its imbalanced.....

Joeyjojojo

2 Egyptian settlements complete 0 diamonds spent on them and both finished with 11 days and change on the timer (for gold). I definitely find this the easiest to complete within time (still long at 2 weeks, but not that long). The 30k deben is annoying, and funny in that I don't spend anywhere near that for the ENTIRE SETTLEMENT. I had over 50k Deben sitting there doing nothing. I tend to do all 3 fights once my army is up, provided the 3rd fight is manageable without losing too many units (more than half are, imo). The impediments are pretty much a non-issue thanks to the [free] removal tools, and the large, impediment free starting area. This round I didn't really have many good options to unlock (impediments in the middle instead of the sides) and it's still working out just fine.

DMan4u

I had two chariot barracks and when I sold one to make room for my elephant infantry, the chariots associated with those barracks disappeared instead of converting to unattached. Is this a deliberate side-effect or a bug???

DMan4u

Is that new? I've had a Traz for so long I've always had unattached after the building was sold. I thought in my early play the attached troops became unattached. I apologize if my memory is spotty, but it only seems fair after paying for the troop and waiting the time you get to keep them, just not make more.

Super Catanian

That is how it is for any troops except maybe champions.
Doesn't work on Champions.

Is that new? I've had a Traz for so long I've always had unattached after the building was sold. I thought in my early play the attached troops became unattached. I apologize if my memory is spotty, but it only seems fair after paying for the troop and waiting the time you get to keep them, just not make more.
A Traz only provides Unattached Units as long as you have a corresponding Military Building. Selling the Military Building also gets rid of Attached Units it produced, but the Unattached ones produced by the Traz remain.

qaccy

A thought just occurred to me as I finish up my second Egyptian settlement. With fighting being the main feature of this settlement to differentiate it from the other two, I feel like the final quest would have been better served being related to fighting rather than gathering goods and coins like the other two. The premise for the quest could have been something like the settlement being attacked, and having to fight off the attackers. However, my vision of this quest features multiple fights in order to 'require' using each of the different units, and I'm not sure if it's possible to include more than one battle in a quest at a time.

I wonder if Inno considered something like this as an option, though?

UBERhelp1

A thought just occurred to me as I finish up my second Egyptian settlement. With fighting being the main feature of this settlement to differentiate it from the other two, I feel like the final quest would have been better served being related to fighting rather than gathering goods and coins like the other two. The premise for the quest could have been something like the settlement being attacked, and having to fight off the attackers. However, my vision of this quest features multiple fights in order to 'require' using each of the different units, and I'm not sure if it's possible to include more than one battle in a quest at a time.

I wonder if Inno considered something like this as an option, though?
That would be an interesting quest. Maybe:
Code:
 Have one of each military building built:
0/5
 Win this small fight
 AND
 this medium fight
 AND
 this hard fight

Super Catanian

That would be an interesting quest. Maybe:
Code:
 Have one of each military building built:
0/5
Win this small fight
AND
this medium fight
AND
this hard fight
Or perhaps...

Code:
Recruit 1 of each Egyptian Unit
0/5
AND
Collect 10.000 Deben
AND
10 of each Egyptian Cultural Good
AND
Win this Medium Fight

Algona

Or...Defeat a Mummy or Sphinx or a God of the Egyptian Pantheon/ Maybe a different one for each iteration.

And the roads still need a color change.

After finishing the first Egyptian settlement I can safely say this settlement is a turd. I will finish it because the Royal Bathhouse is too good a building not to have. But a turd is a turd no matter how much you polish it up or how much perfume you splash all over it. And the final quest is the cherry-shaped turd on top of this lovely Egyptian settlement turd parfait.

qaccy

After finishing the first Egyptian settlement I can safely say this settlement is a turd. I will finish it because the Royal Bathhouse is too good a building not to have. But a turd is a turd no matter how much you polish it up or how much perfume you splash all over it. And the final quest is the cherry-shaped turd on top of this lovely Egyptian settlement turd parfait.

What didn't you like about it?

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with your assessment. I am responding because you got a nice chuckle out of me while reading it and felt like responding. I really just wanted to post something somewhere else in the forums so the fishes will come swimming up on shore.
I am, however, currently into my third time through the Egyptian settlement and find the challenge of building placement, needs verses wants, the time constraints, and correct fighting all rewarding when finished.
Please reply and find numerous reasons as to why this post is inappropriate and in need of being removed. I so look forward to one day being accepted into the gang of cool kids. I just feel awful knowing there are so many regular contributors that don't like me.

DeletedUser32973

I disagree with the assessments on 30k deban being too much. The purpose is to make...encourage...you to build the pyramid, as well as some of the other final buildings in the tech. The final stage of the Egyptian settlement actually looks viable, as opposed to those in Vikings and Japanese where we're taking advantage of a somewhat poorly designed quest line and research tree.

Zatrikon

The Battle Sound Bug is back! I got it in the Egyptian Settlement! It's not nearly as annoying, hearing the clip-clop of the horses that pull the chariots, as most of the other sounds, but it's still there,

Also: The final quest really IS about fighting! You need goods. And you can only make goods with loot. And you can only get loot from fighting.

And getting the deben for the final quest isn't that hard at all. Get all the loot you need to make all the goods you need. hen delete the military buildings. Then you'll have plenty of room for the money buildings. And once you're done making the goods, you can delete those too, if you need more room.

Lothar123

The general consensus seems to be that SAAB units are not as strong as SAM units. Whatever your opinion of the Royal Bathhouse, for those of us that have aged up to SAAB this makes the Royal Bathhouse less appealing; now that I've seen that SAAB units don't generally perform as well as SAM units, a building that gives me SAAB units--which I probably won't use--is less useful than I had expected.

DeletedUser32973

The general consensus seems to be that SAAB units are not as strong as SAM units. Whatever your opinion of the Royal Bathhouse, for those of us that have aged up to SAAB this makes the Royal Bathhouse less appealing; now that I've seen that SAAB units don't generally perform as well as SAM units, a building that gives me SAAB units--which I probably won't use--is less useful than I had expected.

You don't have to worry because the royal bath house aid priority is so low that it will never be aided and thus never provide units ;).

sirblu

Is there any trick to winning these battles - I have only been able to win the easy one and that was barely. Even when I go head to head with the same unit one hit from them takes out 1/2 of mine whereas it takes 5 or more hits from me to take out theirs. What's the secret to winning since there are no attack boosts - it is very discouraging.

BruteForceAttack

Is there any trick to winning these battles - I have only been able to win the easy one and that was barely. Even when I go head to head with the same unit one hit from them takes out 1/2 of mine whereas it takes 5 or more hits from me to take out theirs. What's the secret to winning since there are no attack boosts - it is very discouraging.

8 nubian Archers should be able to win easy and medium almost all the time.. Keep the archers at your base and let the enemy come to you and them smack them.