• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

sirblu

I had two chariot barracks and when I sold one to make room for my elephant infantry, the chariots associated with those barracks disappeared instead of converting to unattached. Is this a deliberate side-effect or a bug???
That sounds about right - when you delete the military building that produced the attached units it also deletes the attached units just like in the real game. Only the unattached units remain but I am not sure how you get unattached units when the TRAZ does not apply to the settlements

sirblu

8 nubian Archers should be able to win easy and medium almost all the time.. Keep the archers at your base and let the enemy come to you and them smack them.
Well, I only had 5 Archers so I used them and 3 light units to do the normal fight and got wiped out immediately. I let them come to me before moving but they had already destroyed 2 of my units before I got a shot off. 2 shots from them destroys my units whereas it takes me 5 or 6 shots to take them out. I just can't win.

BruteForceAttack

Well, I only had 5 Archers so I used them and 3 light units to do the normal fight and got wiped out immediately. I let them come to me before moving but they had already destroyed 2 of my units before I got a shot off. 2 shots from them destroys my units whereas it takes me 5 or 6 shots to take them out. I just can't win.

There are two types of Archers, are you sure you used nubian and not Camel (free unattached that you got)?

sirblu

I only have the 5 Nubian ones and only 2 of the others. so I used the 5 Nubian Archers and 3 light units.

-Sebastian-

Is there any trick to winning these battles - I have only been able to win the easy one and that was barely. Even when I go head to head with the same unit one hit from them takes out 1/2 of mine whereas it takes 5 or more hits from me to take out theirs. What's the secret to winning since there are no attack boosts - it is very discouraging.

Also, it sounds like you're using units that don't work well against the enemy units. Learn which units have bonuses against other units, and you'll be taking out theirs in 2 hits, while it'll take them 4-5 hits to take out yours.

DeletedUser36145

And make sure you fight manually. On Auto you will lose always.

sirblu

Also, it sounds like you're using units that don't work well against the enemy units. Learn which units have bonuses against other units, and you'll be taking out theirs in 2 hits, while it'll take them 4-5 hits to take out yours.
These are the same units - the camel Archers. They take out my Camer Arches in 2 shots and it take my camel archers 5-6 shots to take them out. I do not understand why that is.

Joeyjojojo

They take out my Camer Arches in 2 shots and it take my camel archers 5-6 shots to take them out. I do not understand why that is.
Aside from bad luck, it could just be positioning/strategy...whoever gets the first hit in has an advantage. 3 fully healed camel archers can take out 1 fully healed camel archer with 2 retaliations if you can set that up. Better is to pummel the enemy camels with nubians until your camel archers can one shot them.

Don't just wait for them to come to you, position your units just outside their range, so that after they move again you will be able to hit first. You can see their range on both PC (hover) and mobile (tap and hold)--darker red is movement and lighter red where they can reach, position your units just outside the latter. If you can shift the ground to either top or bottom (whichever unit of theirs is closest), but that's harder to manage.

-Sebastian-

These are the same units - the camel Archers. They take out my Camer Arches in 2 shots and it take my camel archers 5-6 shots to take them out. I do not understand why that is.

Have you looked at the terrain? Camels gain a defensive bonus in bushes, so if they're in bushes and you aren't, that might explain part of what you're seeing.

sirblu

When you win battles in this settlement where do the victory points go? Since the units are ageless, do the victory points just get dropped instead of being added to your current age tower?

sirblu

Aside from bad luck, it could just be positioning/strategy...whoever gets the first hit in has an advantage. 3 fully healed camel archers can take out 1 fully healed camel archer with 2 retaliations if you can set that up. Better is to pummel the enemy camels with nubians until your camel archers can one shot them.

Don't just wait for them to come to you, position your units just outside their range, so that after they move again you will be able to hit first. You can see their range on both PC (hover) and mobile (tap and hold)--darker red is movement and lighter red where they can reach, position your units just outside the latter. If you can shift the ground to either top or bottom (whichever unit of theirs is closest), but that's harder to manage.
Thanks that is good advice - I will try that

CherryButterfly

That sounds about right - when you delete the military building that produced the attached units it also deletes the attached units just like in the real game. Only the unattached units remain but I am not sure how you get unattached units when the TRAZ does not apply to the settlements
You are given a certain number of Unattached troops when you begin the settlement. As always, yours until they are killed off; also able to be revived immediately after loss in battle with Diamonds, but, only immediately after battle as Victory/Defeat is announced.

CherryButterfly

When you win battles in this settlement where do the victory points go? Since the units are ageless, do the victory points just get dropped instead of being added to your current age tower?
They also will NOT count towards Quests that have you win a certain number if battles, or overcome a number of troops or "units."

CherryButterfly

I am also currently struggling to learn how to win these battles. Have had a real hard time winning even the middle amount battle. Ok, well, not REALLY hard, but harder than I thought it would be. I am usually fairly set to Battle by myself, instead of Auto, I get it, but these troops don't seem to follow a pattern. I'm sure they do, and I see the given info, like with all troops in the game. But, it really is a challenge.
This is my first time thru Egypt, I have done Japan and Vikings once each. This is the first time I have actually been stopped up for a day because there was one mid-level battle I just could NOT win. Finally, I got smart, and hit the dismiss button. I had to wait out the timer still, but at least it presented me with a new challenge, rather than fighting the same battle over and over, and won that one first try. So, maybe that one had me Battle-shy, but it just wasn't logically working out at all... Keep at it!

sirblu

I am also currently struggling to learn how to win these battles. Have had a real hard time winning even the middle amount battle. Ok, well, not REALLY hard, but harder than I thought it would be. I am usually fairly set to Battle by myself, instead of Auto, I get it, but these troops don't seem to follow a pattern. I'm sure they do, and I see the given info, like with all troops in the game. But, it really is a challenge.
This is my first time thru Egypt, I have done Japan and Vikings once each. This is the first time I have actually been stopped up for a day because there was one mid-level battle I just could NOT win. Finally, I got smart, and hit the dismiss button. I had to wait out the timer still, but at least it presented me with a new challenge, rather than fighting the same battle over and over, and won that one first try. So, maybe that one had me Battle-shy, but it just wasn't logically working out at all... Keep at it!
The advice given me above has been very helpful and in following their advice I have been able to get through all the battle levels. Hence, the question; where do the victory battle points go?

-Sebastian-

The advice given me above has been very helpful and in following their advice I have been able to get through all the battle levels. Hence, the question; where do the victory battle points go?

I don't know if they go anywhere. I have a dim memory of checking my PvP towers before and after a settlement battle, and not seeing any change. But I could be wrong. You should check that yourself - make a note of your PvP tower totals, and also your global ranking total, and see if they change before and after your settlement fight. I'd be interested to learn what happens.

qaccy

Battle points are typically attributed to the tower for the highest age present on your side in the battle. Egyptian units have no age, so the points go nowhere. Same deal as if you happen to win a battle using nothing but Color Guards, Military Drummers, and/or Rogues.

sirblu

Battle points are typically attributed to the tower for the highest age present on your side in the battle. Egyptian units have no age, so the points go nowhere. Same deal as if you happen to win a battle using nothing but Color Guards, Military Drummers, and/or Rogues.
Yeah, that's what I kinda thought - seems like such a waste