• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

RazorbackPirate

There does not appear to be any way to gain any bonus in the battles. Out battle-GBs help us in PvP, GE, GBG, DC, and everywhere except in the Settlements. Why should that be? Well, for those of us with really big bonuses, it might make it too easy. But there could be a reasonable compromise. What if you got half the usual bonuses for the settlement battles? Well, that's probably still too much. How about a 1% bonus for each combat-related GB you have, regardless of its level? That's not too much, is it? But it would help.

Do the boost bottles help? I haven't tried that yet.
Why do you need boosts? Why should you get boosts? Seriously. How hard is it to win 2 battles per day? I can tell you first hand, it's not. Most fights, I don't even lose a single unit, and when I do, they're easily replaced.

If you can't win these fights and need boosts to do it, you suck at fighting. Bottom line, no other way to spin it, you suck at it. If so, this is the perfect opportunity to finally learn to fight.

Allowing boosts in any form would further shift the balance of the game toward long time players with high GBs. I like the fact that the IA players have the same exact challenges and opportunity to succeed as the SAM players. No sympathy for your issues or complaints.

DeletedUser14197

Why do you need boosts? Why should you get boosts? Seriously. How hard is it to win 2 battles per day? I can tell you first hand, it's not. Most fights, I don't even lose a single unit, and when I do, they're easily replaced.

If you can't win these fights and need boosts to do it, you suck at fighting. Bottom line, no other way to spin it, you suck at it. If so, this is the perfect opportunity to finally learn to fight.

Allowing boosts in any form would further shift the balance of the game toward long time players with high GBs. I like the fact that the IA players have the same exact challenges and opportunity to succeed as the SAM players. No sympathy for your issues or complaints.
Why do they allow you to post such mean comments. They aren't helpful. I lost units in my battles so I guess your comments apply to me as well. I don't want boosts or your sympathy. I don't even want this Egyptian settlement. I tried it and decided it wasn't fun and abandoned it. I'm considering abandoning foe altogether as lately very little seems fun. You even manage to take the fun out of the forum. Don't worry it's not likely that I'll be back for awhile so feel free to blast me too.

RazorbackPirate

Why do they allow you to post such mean comments. They aren't helpful. I lost units in my battles so I guess your comments apply to me as well. I don't want boosts or your sympathy. I don't even want this Egyptian settlement. I tried it and decided it wasn't fun and abandoned it. I'm considering abandoning foe altogether as lately very little seems fun. You even manage to take the fun out of the forum. Don't worry it's not likely that I'll be back for awhile so feel free to blast me too.
No. They don't apply to you, you're not here asking for boosts. I've lost units in battle and will continue to do so, I'm sure. I'm waiting for new units to complete along with others to heal as I type this. So what? As I said, we're all on an equal footing, as it should be.

As it's my first run through like most, I'm still trying to figure out which units are the best to use, learning the advantages and limitations of each. If there is an advantage I may have, it's that I hate auto-battle so as a result, I'm fairly good at manual fighting. However, I still have to learn the best units and the best strategies to fight with them.

Far too many players consider themselves digital bad asses in FoE, when in reality, they can only auto-battle and can only manage that becuase of extremely high GB boosts and a high level Traz producing unlimited units they can send to their death. Many of them are now lost in the Egyptian settlement because of it, having never learned to actually fight. They're also the ones who railed against attrition in GBG, as it rises quickly rendering auto-battle ineffective quickly as well.

Sorry you bailed instead of pushing through the learning curve, but that was your decision to make. The way to not suck is to fight through the frustration as I am. Learn the units and most effective fighting techniques. I'm sorry if you feel my comments are mean, but asking for boosts from your main to apply to settlements is to me, a cop out. As in all the other settlements, each player regardless of age is on an equal footing. We'll all need to learn to overcome our own limitations, equally.

As far as quitting FoE altogether, that again, is up to you. If you're not having fun you ought not play. However, like anything else in life, you should push through it and overcome. No one ever got better at anything by quitting, but you do you. Good luck in whatever choice you make.

RazorbackPirate

So far, I'm liking the Kopesh Fighters the best. With their swarm ability, keeping them grouped together gives them a pretty nice boost. However, their distance range is pretty short, so I had some issues going against Nubian Archers as they are able to shoot farther than the Kopesh Fighters can travel. Luckily, the last one came close enough for me to hit him, but it was touch and go for a bit.

I've not experimented with the others so far, my next remodel, I plan to get rid of the Nubian Archers to try the Mounted Camel Archers. After my next unlock, I can dump one of my 4 goods buildings, maybe get another unit type down. Still experimenting, but I do like the Fighters with Swarm.

-Sebastian-

I've not experimented with the others so far, my next remodel, I plan to get rid of the Nubian Archers to try the Mounted Camel Archers. After my next unlock, I can dump one of my 4 goods buildings, maybe get another unit type down. Still experimenting, but I do like the Fighters with Swarm.

It sounds like you're running 4 goods buildings and 2 barracks, right now? I've been doing 2 goods and 4 barracks, but I don't think that's producing goods fast enough, so I'm thinking of going to 3 and 3. I'm waiting to try out the War Chariots, but they take 8 hours to recruit. :-(

IngeJones

I don't understand this at all, even after clicking on all the ?'s for help. How do you get free pickaxes? How do you get more unattached units?

Algona

How do you get free pickaxes?

Completing specific Settlement Quests. See UBER's (now with more SC) most excellent Cultural Settlement Guide for the list of which Quests grant Pickaxes.

How do you get more unattached units?

You won't. The 10 at the beginning are all the unattached troops you get, just enough to get you started. (Hmmm, Now that is a real challenge: Get through Egypt with just those troops and without resurrecting any of them.) If you want to know how to recruit more troops read the Guide.

RazorbackPirate

It sounds like you're running 4 goods buildings and 2 barracks, right now? I've been doing 2 goods and 4 barracks, but I don't think that's producing goods fast enough, so I'm thinking of going to 3 and 3. I'm waiting to try out the War Chariots, but they take 8 hours to recruit. :-(
Yes. I'm running 2 grain and 2 pottery. Even with that, 1-2 fights per day gives enough loot to keep them going. Didn't know War Chariots take so long. I should get a barracks built to start recruiting them.

Zatrikon

How many units should I expect to lose in each fight? It takes so long to recruit them back, I am not able to fight more than once a day, on average, which means I can't fund my goods production fast enough. And I need 70 pottery to unlock the next building. In one of my worlds, all the unattached units are already gone. This seems to be one of those things where if you make a mistake early, you can never recover.

Super Catanian

How many units should I expect to lose in each fight? It takes so long to recruit them back, I am not able to fight more than once a day, on average, which means I can't fund my goods production fast enough. And I need 70 pottery to unlock the next building. In one of my worlds, all the unattached units are already gone. This seems to be one of those things where if you make a mistake early, you can never recover.
If you are really good at fighting, you can face the Easy army with no casualties, meaning even all the Units are unharmed. I know I did. The Medium army can be defeated by suffering an average of 2 dead Units, which can be recovered if they are unattached. The Hard fight...

We don't talk about the Hard fight (I lost like half my army).

RazorbackPirate

It depends on what I'm up against. I did my easy fight earlier, only lost a couple units. I recruited what I lost, and just did the medium fight. I lost a bunch, but don't need to fight until tomorrow, so I've plenty of time to recruit again.

I also got 4x on the loot, so I'm definitely good until tomorrow.

Zatrikon

You can get 4x on the loot! That would be nice!

As it is, it's going to take me a whole day just to recruit an army.

RazorbackPirate

You can get 4x on the loot! That would be nice!

As it is, it's going to take me a whole day just to recruit an army.
First time I got 4x loot. Very exciting.

Yes, it does take a while to recruit the first group. Make sure to unlock all the empty slots. You'll have 5 units per barracks to play with.

Joeyjojojo

How many units should I expect to lose in each fight?
It depends pretty heavily on your available troops and the opposition. I've won a couple hard fights only losing one or 2 troops, but I lost 2 troops on an easy fight today (I had 4x camel and 4x nubian against 6 Nubian Archers...terrain also favored the enemy, I should have surrendered and retried).

DeletedUser34893

Far too many players consider themselves digital bad asses in FoE, when in reality, they can only auto-battle and can only manage that because of extremely high GB boosts and a high level Traz producing unlimited units they can send to their death. Many of them are now lost in the Egyptian settlement because of it, having never learned to actually fight. They're also the ones who railed against attrition in GBG, as it rises quickly rendering auto-battle ineffective quickly as well.
Ain't that the truth...

-Sebastian-

It depends pretty heavily on your available troops and the opposition. I've won a couple hard fights only losing one or 2 troops, but I lost 2 troops on an easy fight today (I had 4x camel and 4x nubian against 6 Nubian Archers...terrain also favored the enemy, I should have surrendered and retried).

Yeah, my main takeaway so far is that the unit type-vs-type bonuses matter a lot. Like, "run away from a hard fight with only 3 ticks left on 1 Khopesh Fighter" a lot. I guess that's one of those things that gets hidden by having a high attack boost in my city...

DeletedUser36145

Happened to me too, but I have decided to wait and see will it happen again.

-Sebastian-

Here's another bit of feedback for the developers:
* I thought the reason that roads cost coins, was to keep us from temporarily ripping up all our roads and replacing them with 1-tile decorations, when we need diplomacy for research. But now you've made the 2-tile decorations build in only 1 minute. So instead of roads, we can just rip up our production buildings, instead (and anything else that only takes 1 minute to build). The 1-hour rebuild time is not much of a problem, if we're doing an 8-8-4 daily production cycle.