• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

Algona

I'm continuing to go at it because it;s a learning experience but...

I'm not seeing the point.

What kind of player is INNO targeting with the Egyptian buildings?

Yggdrasil is a great addition to a fighter's city, the Runestones are ok, real good for new cities.. Shinto Temple is darned good. The Dojos are sweet as well. A good player can get both complete Ygg and Temple in 8-12 months.

I'm looking at that long to get the Bathhouse and 2 AOs.

Non fighters are gonna have to learn a lot in order to get Rewards that help with fighting. I think either INNO or I are missing something here.

Fighters? Seems like they already gotta be decent at fighting to make the time Rewards. Do they need more troops from the Bathhouse?

I don't need more troops, I got Traz. In my newest city I had Traz up long before completing Vikings.* The troops from the Bathhouse would be a nice addition, but I get all I want from GE 64. Emmisaries, and Dojos. And that's in a new city. Established cities? Bathouse is ok for troops, good FP amount but most established cities belonging to folk who could do Egypt already have Traz and handfuls of FP producing SBs.

The Ancient Obelisks are the bomb. 3+ months of multiple time per day effort to get one?

Not for me, I do congratulate any of you what gots the sticktoitness to do so.

Anyway, not saying I'm not saying I'm not having fun, I am. (I'll post a bit more on this later, I got the feeling that the lead designer for Egypt was more interested in getting revenge on the players for being able to do Japan and Vikings in timely manners then making Egypt a long term fun expereince.) Just can't see this being fun after one or two iterations and that the Rewards don;t seem to be worth trying to complete.

Pure opinion though on my part.

*A mistake in hindsight. If I were starting a new city I'd do Japan first. Easier, faster, better Rewards, but do have to make the Time Rewards. Then do Vikings at which point you won't care about the time Rewards because by then you'll realize that Runestone ain't that good. I can't even begin to imagine wanting to do Egypt as the first Settlement in a new city.

-Sebastian-

What kind of player is INNO targeting with the Egyptian buildings?

Somehow I doubt this is who Inno has in mind, but... It's actually quite nice for players like me, who are working up through Indy and PE, and leaving non-essential techs un-researched so that we can get high-era units later on. The most annoying thing about Indy was not being able to recruit attached heavy, light, or artillery, because I hadn't actually unlocked the techs to get them. Which meant my Traz couldn't make them, either. It was a serious limiting factor when using auto-battle. The Japanese buildings, and the emissaries, are wonderful for me, because they give me random units from my age, regardless of what military buildings I have access to. That said, it'll take long enough to do the Egyptian settlement, that I'll probably have hover tanks before I put down any of the Egyptian buildings. :-/

Plus, it's fun to imagine the look on my neighbors' faces when they attack and see my defense of Brave Warriors and Mounted Braves. :)

DeletedUser29360

I'm now 5 days in, this is a garbage Cultural Settlement and I refuse to spend another 20+ days trying to do this trash. The reward is absolute stupidity for the effort required. I'm not sure if I've ever seen Inno FAIL this baddly in the 3 years I've played this game.

If anyone expects me to spend 25 days x 10, to get the Royal Bathhouse, they must have fallen out of the stupid tree, and hit every branch along the way down. 250 days is just stupid and offensive.

BTW, I just deleted the 1st Egyptian settlement, this was a waste of time and I am pissed off.

RazorbackPirate

I'm also 5 days in, but I can't imagine needing 20 more days to finish. I'll get me next tech unlock in a few hours, leaving only 6 techs left. Even with higher goods amounts, I can't imagine it taking 20 more days to finish, but who knows? As my first run through, it's worth taking to the end before making any decisions about doing the rest.

At this stage, I'm enjoying it because it's new and different. Having finished the main prize for the other two, I've little interest in repeating the others for more of the secondary building.

I understand that everyone's different, but I'm not getting why folks are hating so hard on the Egyptians.

DeletedUser29360

I understand that everyone's different, but I'm not getting why folks are hating so hard on the Egyptians.
I don't hate Egyptians, I hate this event and this settlement. It is a waste of time, with a next to nothing reward, for the effort required. I could do the other settlements in a week, this is not even close to being a 1/3rd of the way done in 5 days. The reward is TRASH for the effort required.

Besides, I've already given the reasons, you simply refuse to accept them.

Here it is again:

If anyone expects me to spend 25 days x 10, to get the Royal Bathhouse, they must have fallen out of the stupid tree, and hit every branch along the way down.
Do you expect me or anyone else to spend 4 times more time to do a garbage event, that will give a sub-par reward?

RazorbackPirate

I don't hate Egyptians, I hate this event and this settlement. It is a waste of time, with a next to nothing reward, for the effort required. I could do the other settlements in a week, this is not even close to being a 1/3rd of the way done in 5 days. The reward is TRASH for the effort required.

Besides, I've already given the reasons, you simply refuse to accept them.

Here it is again:

Do you expect me or anyone else to spend 4 times more time to do a garbage event, that will give a sub-par reward?
I don't expect the first one to take me anywhere close to 20 more days to finish, and each run through will get shorter. So, 25 days x 10 isn't even close to reality. I've had my fill of both the Vikings and Japan no matter how long or short they take. I expect I'll be doing it, since for me, it's Egypt or no settlements. As long as I've still got 2-3 SoKs that can be replaced, and the Royal Bathhouse is great for the FPs alone.

I accept your reasons, I just don't understand them. Especially when they're based on faulty logic, bad maths, and a lack of patience. I agree that someone has fallen out of the stupid tree and hit all the branches on the way down, but I disagree it's the developers at Inno.

-Sebastian-

the Royal Bathhouse is great for the FPs alone.

Yes. A fully maxed Royal Bathhouse gives 12 FPs, which means it goes right to the top of my list of buildings to use my Blue Galaxy on. Only a Shinto Temple or Crow's Nest can compare. As for the Ancient Obelisks, they look like a souped-up version of the Greater Runestones, which are like a souped-up version of level 2 SoKs, which people are going nuts for in the auctions. They might be the best 2x2 buildings in the game, right now?

DeletedUser29360

I don't expect the first one to take me anywhere close to 20 more days to finish, and each run through will get shorter. So, 25 days x 10 isn't even close to reality. I've had my fill of both the Vikings and Japan no matter how long or short they take. I expect I'll be doing it, since for me, it's Egypt or no settlements. As long as I've still got 2-3 SoKs that can be replaced, and the Royal Bathhouse is great for the FPs alone.

I accept your reasons, I just don't understand them. Especially when they're based on faulty logic, bad maths, and a lack of patience. I agree that someone has fallen out of the stupid tree and hit all the branches on the way down, but I disagree it's the developers at Inno.
My Charcoal Express gives me 31 fp. So you can take your Royal Bathhouse and toss it in the trash. I prefer 31 fp being doubled. And I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to spend almost a year of effort, to get a reward that is a 12 fp building. I can't even imagine spending 6 months and that would be cutting it down to 15 days for each round.

My World's Fair generates 10 fp, my Shinto gives 12 fp.

So go ahead and sell stupid to rookies, I'm not some newb and I won't waste 10 months of my life to get a shitty 12 fp building. Heck, you couldn't convince me to invest that much time for a 30 fp building.

This entire quest line is trash and so is the Grand Prize.

Super Catanian

My Charcoal Express gives me 31 fp.
And how much valuable space is it taking up? The base train (3x7) gives 5 FP, and 13 Sleeping Cars (3x2) provide 2 FP each for the remaining 26. 3x33 is the footprint of your train, or 99 tiles for 31 FP. Which equates to about 3 tiles per FP. A maxed out Yggdrasil, Shinto Temple, and Royal Bathhouse provide 32 FP in a 11x3 space. More in a third of the space.

My World's Fair generates 10 fp
In a 6x4 blueprint, or 24 tiles. 2.4 tiles per FP. The Shinto Temple and Royal Bathhouse can fit in the same space for 24 FP, more than twice the amount.

and I won't waste
The whole questline provides 4 small Coin packages, 7 small Supply Packages, 35 FP, and 5 Self-Aid Kits. And the time required for each Settlement drops as you complete more. All that, while not taking up any space in my main city. And it takes 10 Settlements to get it. Meaning 350 FP in those 10 months it supposedly takes to complete, which is actually less, because of the decrease in time.

But yet...

DeletedUser42532

It's a load of crap, just abandoned city and will never play it again. When are they going to speed up the regular game up. To much clicking and double clicking and to many hours to rebuild things. No action it's like playing molasis.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29360

But yet...
But yet, you keep trying to convince me that this entire TRASH event line is worth my time and effort and failing at it miserably.

But yet, you keep failing to convince anyone and more.

But yet, more people are logging on to say just how garbage this quest line is.

But yet, you still think that you can convince anyone that this is anything more than garbage.

But yet, you keep talking.

But yet, you think your points mean anything to someone who gotten fed up after 5 days and deleted their settlement.

But yet.... what else? But yet... why are you wasting my time? But yet... why are you wasting anyone else's time? But yet... why are you still wasting your own time?

Were you one of the mental giants who designed this burning pile of garbage, or were you one of the bootlicking Beta Tester, yes men, and now you're trying to make everyone else be wrong because you can't admit that you failed at your task as a Beta Tester?

Super Catanian

But yet, you keep trying to convince me that this entire TRASH event line is worth my time and effort and failing at it miserably.
But yet, you think your points mean anything to someone who gotten fed up after 5 days and deleted their settlement.
You're absolutely right. As the saying goes, it is difficult to win against an argument with a wise person, but it is damn near impossible to win an argument against a fool.

aight bois and gals lets do a count. Let's see just how many people think that Ancient Egypt is a waste compared to those that think otherwise.

But yet, you still think that you can convince anyone that this is anything more than garbage.
Because it is.

There is no limit on how many times I can post here. Besides, I'm not the only one posting like this.

But yet.... what else? But yet... why are you wasting my time? But yet... why are you wasting anyone else's time? But yet... why are you still wasting your own time?
Who was the one that read my message? Who forced you to read it? Am I really wasting other's time, despite the fact that they're the ones that read my messages? And, seeing as how we're in "quarantine", the dishes are washed, my house and room are clean, there are no pets or young kids, school is closed, and I can't go to work like I used to, there aren't many options left as to what I should do.

Were you one of the mental giants who designed this burning pile of garbage, or were you one of the bootlicking Beta Tester, yes men, and now you're trying to make everyone else be wrong because you can't admit that you failed at your task as a Beta Tester?
I hardly participate in Beta, and I wasn't around there when Ancient Egypt was being tested. So no.

Have a nice rest of your day.

UBERhelp1

My Charcoal Express gives me 31 fp. So you can take your Royal Bathhouse and toss it in the trash. I prefer 31 fp being doubled. And I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to spend almost a year of effort, to get a reward that is a 12 fp building. I can't even imagine spending 6 months and that would be cutting it down to 15 days for each round.

My World's Fair generates 10 fp, my Shinto gives 12 fp.

So go ahead and sell stupid to rookies, I'm not some newb and I won't waste 10 months of my life to get a shitty 12 fp building. Heck, you couldn't convince me to invest that much time for a 30 fp building.

Well, you enjoy your train and I'll enjoy my trash then.

RazorbackPirate

The Trump White House is hiring good, loyal, yes men.
You're not the bestest, not the smartest, not the prettiest, and FoE has no participation awards. If you want something in FoE you need to earn it. Welcome to the world. It's gonna be a rough ride for you. Sorry, punkin'. Now go find your safe space and cry into your mypillow. I'm sure your teddy bear could use a hug anyway. OMG. So dumb. So, so, dumb.