• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

DeletedUser14197

@honey55 I agree that battling on mobile is...far less preferable to doing it on PC. While I commend Inno for making manual battling possible, there's just too much information lost by not being able to hover over the battlefield, especially when it's hard to tell at a glance what type of terrain a given tile is.

Settlement battles are likely to require strategy as rogues and city boosts are not a factor here, so I'll probably be avoiding the battling while I'm on break at work and will be waiting until I'm at home with PC access.
Well we don't have internet so it is going to have to be doable on mobile for me to do it. I enjoyed the other 2 settlements but have finished both.

DeletedUser30791

@honey55 I agree that battling on mobile is...far less preferable to doing it on PC. While I commend Inno for making manual battling possible, there's just too much information lost by not being able to hover over the battlefield, especially when it's hard to tell at a glance what type of terrain a given tile is.

Settlement battles are likely to require strategy as rogues and city boosts are not a factor here, so I'll probably be avoiding the battling while I'm on break at work and will be waiting until I'm at home with PC access.
I only play mobile when I'm forced to so I forget how bad manual battling is on mobile. Luckily doing the Egyptian settlement only needs a couple battles each day. As far as strategy, I just use the light troops and camel troops. I let the enemy come to me and don't care about the terrain much. Just make sure to understand which troops work well and poorly against each other.

DeletedUser

Including a non-fighting method was an idea thoroughly on Beta, and summarily dismissed by Inno. Just like Japan has negotiations, like it or not, Egypt has fighting, like it or not.
To clarify, though, negotiating is optional (although definitely desirable) in Feudal Japan, while fighting is required in Egypt.
The unattached troops are technically a military boost.
Not even remotely. They are a military reward, but they are not a boost.

Praetorius

RazorbackPirate

Fun fact: Inno actually shoved that road cost into the Japan and Viking settlements on Beta. Obviously, this was universally hated by the Beta players.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...in-vikings-and-feudal-japan.12607/#post-97472
Which won't be coming to live as it's already been reversed on Beta. So, why mention it all? What can possibly be gained by opening that can of worms?

Seems you get off on drama. Thanks for going out of your way to cause some unnecessarily. Hope you get whatever thrills you're looking for.

Last edited:

DeletedUser23486

Well, I guess we'll see how it finalizes, but right now it just looks like a short/nerfed/pansied version of the harder and nicer previous settlements.

RazorbackPirate

Well, I guess we'll see how it finalizes, but right now it just looks like a short/nerfed/pansied version of the harder and nicer previous settlements.
Egypt has more quests and a longer time frame to finish than either of the two previous settlements. Shorter is not on the table. Not sure why you think it's nerfed other than wanting something to complain about. Not sure how it's pansied, it requires fighting.

But sure, you're too cool for school, so Egypt will definitely be beneath your high level skill set in a GAME. So far beneath your digital bad assness that it can't possibly be worth your time or effort, and can't possibly present even a modicum of challenge for your greatness. Let's go with that.

DeletedUser23486

Egypt has more quests and a longer time frame to finish than either of the two previous settlements. Shorter is not on the table. Not sure why you think it's nerfed other than wanting something to complain about. Not sure how it's pansied, it requires fighting.

But sure, you're too cool for school, so Egypt will definitely be beneath your high level skill set in a GAME. So far beneath your digital bad assness that it can't possibly be worth your time or effort, and can't possibly present even a modicum of challenge for your greatness. Let's go with that.

LOL...yep, you got me, that must be it. Me explained in one scathing rant. Good on you.

When is the expected starting time specifically? I know the expected starting date is today, so no need to insult me with inane comments concerning my inability to read, or locate the information. After a thirty minutes search I cannot find an expected starting time.

DeletedUser32558

well, I may disagree few your points but I really dont see any rewarding in this newest setlement... its sure very good if you just started game and fights GvG, GbG, daily quest´s, GE... dont need more, lolz

RazorbackPirate

When is the expected starting time specifically? I know the expected starting date is today, so no need to insult me with inane comments concerning my inability to read, or locate the information. After a thirty minutes search I cannot find an expected starting time.
No one knows, but Inno and they won't answer here. We'll see it when we see it.

UBERhelp1

I'm beginning to think that something went wrong or the launch got delayed. We got a message in-game saying that "The third of our Cultural Settlements has begun!" but it is still not available. Whatever the issue (maybe 1.174 overwrote/locked Egypt?) I hope it gets fixed soon. Or just released soon. That would make me happy as well.

[EDIT] That announcement seems to have been removed.
[EDIT 2] Looks like ~2400 people on the forum are looking for answers as well.
[EDIT 3] Though I can confirm that the Egyptian files are on live servers. Looks like it just hasn't been opened yet. Huh...

Last edited:

DeletedUser36145

I seem to have a problem.
I have finished first two quests and now the game keeps crashing when I try to open and see the next quest. The rest of the game is working fine.