• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Emergency Broadcast System

DeletedUser3

Well ladies and gentlemen, it finally happened. In Montana & Michigan, the Emergency Broadcast System (EBS) for the WB and CW television channels turned on, reporting a most urgent message.

The bulk of the message essentially said, "bodies of the dead are rising from the graves, and attacking the living. Do not attempt to approach or apprehend these bodies as they are considered extremely dangerous."

Yep, some pranksters hacked into the EBS and changed the recorded message.

DeletedUser

So what's up for debate? The existence of zombies or that WB and CW are worthy of increased security?

DeletedUser

don't know why a zombie apocalypse would surprise anyone, the cessation of Twinkies production was just foreshadowing the END.

:p

DeletedUser2382

I always wonder what happens when someone is released from the hospital during those "zombie pub crawl" things. "OMG THERES ZOMBIES!!" (says the recently comatose man firing his shotgun, gunning down drunk folks in stupid makeup left and right)

DeletedUser3

So what's up for debate? The existence of zombies or that WB and CW are worthy of increased security?
Hehe, there were lots of Debate/Discussion points here, not the least of which is zombies. There is also the scene of hacking into the EBS, a quite not safe thing to do. There were reports of people calling the police departments, and the television broadcasters received calls as well, worried about the EBT message or at least acting like they're worried.

And let's face it, in Florida we had a person eat a face and in Canada a person ate a sex-partner. Then you have these doomsday preppers running about. C'mon, there's actually a pretty good chance someone will shoot a pasty-faced dweeb thinking the dweeb is a zombie. :death:

DeletedUser3313

I'm concerned that no one has suggested we might need to save Hellstromm. Just out of curiosity, if Hellstromm gets eaten by a zombie, who takes his place?

DeletedUser

I'm concerned that no one has suggested we might need to save Hellstromm. Just out of curiosity, if Hellstromm gets eaten by a zombie, who takes his place?
They'd have to get through a wall of shotgun wielding romans first, (if zombies come, might as well go out in style right?).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There is also the scene of hacking into the EBS, a quite not safe thing to do.
You've got to wonder how easy that was to achieve. Unless the hackers were working for a t-shirt or news company, I wouldn't have imagined much profit could be made from hacking an EBS, so why invest more than "play time" for no gain?

DeletedUser

because that was hilarious.

sometimes achievement is it's own reward

DeletedUser

Hackers do not understand how dangerous that could have been to the health of some people. What if certain people would have just went and shot themselves? Did you hear what happened when the first war of the worlds trailer came out on the radio? Hectic..

DeletedUser

Hackers do not understand how dangerous that could have been to the health of some people. What if certain people would have just went and shot themselves? Did you hear what happened when the first war of the worlds trailer came out on the radio? Hectic..

Darwinism.

DeletedUser34

My family are preppers...you make it sound like it is a crazy thing :D Your point? And I did not think the tv stations had a say so in EMS broadcasts.

DeletedUser

because that was hilarious.

sometimes achievement is it's own reward
Something tells me ten thousand stolen credit cards would be more hilarious for those involved... and an achievement would be hacking the military network. I wonder if the EBS' password was "1234".

DeletedUser

"1234??? That's amazing!!!! I've got the same combination on my luggage!!!"

Sorry, couldn't help myself