• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Enable moving of empty 4x4 city tiles

EoDL

Proposal -- I propose that within the build menu, an option be made available to pick up and relocate an EMPTY 4x4 expansion tile.

Current System -- There is no method (that I know of) to move an EMPTY 4x4 tile if one wants to rearrange ones city.

Details / Rationale -- Suppose that either because one made a mistake and dropped the expansion in the wrong place, or that one has realized that there could be a better arrangement for one's city area and so you want to relocate a 4x4 expansion grid. Right now it cannot be done.

Thanks for reading this and thinking about it

DeletedUser26532

This is proposed semi-frequently, and always rejected.

Perhaps the biggest part of this game is planning/designing your city to be the most organized and efficient that you can make it. That depend in large part on placing your expansions in the right place. Looking at my city right now, I have about 8 squares of unused space at one edge. If I deleted a couple buildings, moved two empty expansions, and put down a road I could put up another GB easily.

Because I can't move expansions I instead have to wait till I get enough medals, and win another province on the map to do the same.

While I sympathize for those who place their expansion in the wrong place and want to correct that (I personally think there should be a confirmation window that asks "are you sure this is where you want to place this" to prevent that) I cannot support being able to delete every building in your city, completely re-arrange your map, and then rebuild.

That is open to SO MUCH ABUSE it isn't even funny.

DeletedUser13838

What I'd like to see is a temporary unlocking for when Inno adds expansion space that wasn't available previously. Happens very infrequently.

DeletedUser26120

Proposal isn't in proper format, please see sticky in proposals forum. Moving this to forge hall in the meantime.

Additionally I think anything relating to expansions is on the 'do not suggest' list so this likely fits that bill.

DeletedUser26532

Do not suggest does deny additional expansions so TECHNICALLY this doesn't run afoul of that list, but its still a bad idea.

DeletedUser24787

i vote no on this suggestion
commit to your choice you alone made it , no one else influence it

DeletedUser26120

If you update your proposal to proper format, I'll allow it since it's technically not against the rules like darth said.