• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

EQAULITY IN NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!

DeletedUser10964

Diplomacy & friend invites to stop plundering

Patrick,
I have found several methods to stop plundering & the associated frustration.
Send a friend invite, to plunderers, many accept not recalling past attacks.
Write to plunders & tell them you will place the strongest defense & M/P them if plundering stops.Otherwise your only options are to place no defense providing them with few very few Weekly Top attack points. You will also be forced to cut roads. I have found this to work very well when neighborhoods change & I find myself at the bottom of the food chain. Often, if you have several players from same guild plundering you, then write to the one with highest ranking & request he ask his Guild members to stop to.
IF so inclined drop a couple of FP's on their GB's or add to the strongest defense & M/P proposal.
If you are in or below Early Middle Ages, do NOT skip any Quests in EMA, as there is 1 which provides a monastery & a 20% defense bonus. This is the only chance to obtain a monastery. Future events will probably provide "Watch Fires", a cheap 5% defensive bonus for a 1x1 building.
When building your city place Goods Production buildings on one road & GB's on another. GB cannot be plundered but if road is cut donations cannot be made to them.
You can start a 24 hour production cut road & return to collect.
If diplomacy doesn't work ask higher Guild members to help, by plundering attackers. Level up defensive bonus GB's, Like Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen & Castle del Monte. Build a Tower of Babel & other Goods providing GB's goods production.

Last, plundering is part of the game if you find it unbearable & the game is not a source of entertainment, then I suggest you find other games to spend your free time on. Our real lives are so full already with stress, I see no reason to add to that stress playing a war game. This game takes a lot of time & I find their are many retired, unemployed & disabled members who have the time to devote to the game & unlike more fast paced war games there are very few young males with something to prove playing because it requires, some study, patients & a lot of time to grow your city.
I have found in this game what comes around goes around & if you stick it out, join a good Guild & patiently build your city & armies the time will come where those who plunder you now, you'll catch up to & get your revenge.

Neighborhoods should be based on players rankings & points, but those change daily along with players moving up an Age. When you enter a new age,you can also spend $3.99 for 6 starter troops for that Age & with a Rouge camp you can be pretty strong.
Best of luck

DeletedUser10517

Patrick,
Write to plunders & tell them you will place the strongest defense & M/P them if plundering stops.Otherwise your only options are to place no defense providing them with few very few Weekly Top attack points. You will also be forced to cut roads. I have found this to work very well when neighborhoods change & I find myself at the bottom of the food chain. Often, if you have several players from same guild plundering you, then write to the one with highest ranking & request he ask his Guild members to stop to.
IF so inclined drop a couple of FP's on their GB's or add to the strongest defense & M/P proposal.
If you are in or below Early Middle Ages, do NOT skip any Quests in EMA, as there is 1 which provides a monastery & a 20% defense bonus. This is the only chance to obtain a monastery. Future events will probably provide "Watch Fires", a cheap 5% defensive bonus for a 1x1 building.
When building your city place Goods Production buildings on one road & GB's on another. GB cannot be plundered but if road is cut donations cannot be made to them.
If diplomacy doesn't work ask higher Guild members to help, by plundering attackers. Level up defensive bonus GB's, Like Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen & Castle del Monte. Build a Tower of Babel & other Goods providing GB's goods production.

Last, plundering is part of the game if you find it unbearable & the game is not a source of entertainment, then I suggest you find other games to spend your free time on. Our real lives are so full already with stress, I see no reason to add to that stress playing a war game. This game takes a lot of time & I find their are many retired, unemployed & disabled members who have the time to devote to the game & unlike more fast paced war games there are very few young males with something to prove playing because it requires, some study, patients & a lot of time to grow your city.
I have found in this game what comes around goes around & if you stick it out, join a good Guild & patiently build your city & armies the time will come where those who plunder you now, you'll catch up to & get your revenge.

Neighborhoods should be based on players rankings & points, but those change daily along with players moving up an Age. When you enter a new age,you can also spend $3.99 for 6 starter troops for that Age & with a Rouge camp you can be pretty strong.
Best of luck
Wow what a lot of effort and messing about.

The answer to stop plundering is short, sharp and easy...........set everything for 1 day productions and collect bang on time.

No need to mess with defences, or write to numerous players.....or hurt your productions by disconnecting roads.

Collect on time, once a day. Bang! No more Plundering.

- - - Updated - - -

How about those that mass attack daily, and at about the same time, same players. Makes me think that its one player on accounts attacking. Suppose to be against T.O.S one person on multiple accounts if I'm not mistaken. One rule I do on my own here is if weak defense there I don't plunder hood, don't seem fair taking away from a weak setup and cowardly also
It doesnt take more than a couple of days to learn when the best time for plundering is in another hoodies town.....Plus, many players will share that information.

If I ever get caught out, I dont get plundered once......I get plundered several times, because the information that my goods are left in the open is shared, and others grab a chance.

DeletedUser8428

The timer to the countdown seems to pause when the road is cut.

that's correct – if you cut roads production stops. you'd have to decide if you want to Bring your own progress to a complete halt to protect yourself from the potential of plunder.

DeletedUser13452

I take offense to your statement.

The US Forge of Empires Support Team answered 3736 support tickets last month, and our average response time was fast (we get to the customer's ticket quickly), on customer satisfaction survey's our customers state they are extremely happy with our handling of their questions/issues.

The US Support Team is here to assist with game-play issues, help moderate the forum, and answer questions. There are certain parts of the game that we have no ability (nor do we want the ability) to change, neighborhood merges are one of those areas.

It continues to amaze me that people get upset when they are attacked and plundered...we have thread after thread on this issue, and yet most that complain fail to follow even the most basic instructions given by other players on how to avoid being plundered. The bottom line is this, every player wants to be the "big-dog" in their neighborhood, and unless we eliminate neighborhoods all together, there will always be someone complaining about how the neighborhoods are structured.

Kudos to the support team and especially to the moderators in this forum. HATS OFF :)

DeletedUser14197

Ok, in one of my neighborhoods, the top person has over 9mil and is tomorrow age, the second player is around 5mil and is contemporary and the next is postmodern with around 2.5mil. There are also 3 iron age and 3 or 4 colonial age players. I don't know how many Industrial age players there are, just know there is at least one. There is NO WAY the game can claim they can't fix that. Do you know how long this 9mil player has been top in my neighborhood????? Weeks! months probably. I quit playing this city way back when the plundering became futile. If he had been here for a 2 week period, maybe a mistake. This long, just totally for him and against everyone else in the neighborhood. Doubt anyone has a chance against him. If all my cities were like this one, I would have quit the game a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17462

If you cut the road, that 24hr timer does not keep ticking down. Cutting your roads is the absolute worst thing you can do. Get plundered and you lose the production from that building(s). Cut your roads and you lose the production from every last building.

DeletedUser14197

It would be worth cutting the road maybe if you were leaving and the building was going to be done while you were gone. You could reconnect when you got back and wait for the timer to finish. If one arranged their city well, one might be able to put all the buildings one was concerned about, which for many of us would be just the goods buildings, at the end of roads, so one could cut those off and not the coin and supply buildings. Most people will get an excess of these after a time, though I have actually run out in my main city recently by doing quests that cost alot of building of buildings that I end up tearing down. It is my own fault though as I had a busy summer so didn't run any of my buildings for quite some times, so got behind.

DeletedUser6815

The new Voyager V1 GB shows that FoE is being geared more than ever to be a war game that favors the attacker, and it is by far the best game of its kind. FoE is not intended to be a mere building game, but a wonderful merging of war and building games better than any I've ever played or seen. Those who choose to play FoE as a building game mainly or only should not complain when they are plundered. It is clearly meant to be a significant part of the game. There are a number of ways to at least slow down plundering that have been mentioned so many times I don't think they need repeating. Ultimately, this is an attacker's (and plunderer's) game. And I am saying this as someone who usually doesn't fight a lot of PvP, as I prefer GvG.

Thank you FoE developers for the Voyager V1 and its' further emphasis on attacking and plundering. It is a further expression of the direction of this game as a war game in which you build to make war. Thank you for not further weakening attackers and strengthening defense, and thank you for not hindering but instead encouraging plundering. If you were to do these things it would become just another building game instead of the unique game that it is.

Thank you.

DeletedUser10076

The new Voyager V1 GB shows that FoE is being geared more than ever to be a war game that favors the attacker, and it is by far the best game of its kind. FoE is not intended to be a mere building game, but a wonderful merging of war and building games better than any I've ever played or seen. Those who choose to play FoE as a building game mainly or only should not complain when they are plundered. It is clearly meant to be a significant part of the game. There are a number of ways to at least slow down plundering that have been mentioned so many times I don't think they need repeating. Ultimately, this is an attacker's (and plunderer's) game. And I am saying this as someone who usually doesn't fight a lot of PvP, as I prefer GvG.

Thank you FoE developers for the Voyager V1 and its' further emphasis on attacking and plundering. It is a further expression of the direction of this game as a war game in which you build to make war. Thank you for not further weakening attackers and strengthening defense, and thank you for not hindering but instead encouraging plundering. If you were to do these things it would become just another building game instead of the unique game that it is.

Thank you.

I agree... I would love to see attacking and plundering encouraged a little bit more, as i believe it helps the player base.

Maybe the next era's gb's will give a boost to the plundering drop rate to counteract the rain-forest.

Mustapha00

Provided there is even a potential of adequate defense- meaning that victory by the attacker is not 99% assured- then I have zero problem with making attacking other players and plundering an even bigger part of the game. It doesn't have to be a 50/50 proposition, but it shouldn't be a 95/5 one either, and that's what you have when the spread of a neighborhood is as great as the examples we've read in this thread.

DeletedUser10517

It would be worth cutting the road maybe if you were leaving and the building was going to be done while you were gone. You could reconnect when you got back and wait for the timer to finish. If one arranged their city well, one might be able to put all the buildings one was concerned about, which for many of us would be just the goods buildings, at the end of roads, so one could cut those off and not the coin and supply buildings. Most people will get an excess of these after a time, though I have actually run out in my main city recently by doing quests that cost alot of building of buildings that I end up tearing down. It is my own fault though as I had a busy summer so didn't run any of my buildings for quite some times, so got behind.

Ok....you have 4 goods buildings.
You set them going for 8 hours, but cut the roads after 4 hours because you wont be around to collect as you are going out for the day.
When you come home, you reconnect and it continues to countdown. You just lost 4 hours of production time on each goods building.
4 hours equals 5 goods.........so you lost 20 goods.

Had you left them running, you might only have been plundered once......losing 10 goods
If you were plundered twice, you only lost the same amount.

However........instead of cutting roads, you set the goods going for 24 hours becuase you know for a fact you will be on the game at the same time the next morning.
You go out for the day, no worries about disconnecting roads or losing goods.....come home, go to bed......get up.......and voila! All your goods are ready to collect and you collect them all before anyone has had chance to get to you.

Isnt that much simpler??

A plunderer cannot get your goods if you collect once a day at the same time everyday.......no matter which age hes in.

DeletedUser10415

A plunderer cannot get your goods if you collect once a day at the same time everyday.......no matter which age hes in.

While 24-hour productions are the safest, there does exist the possibility a plunderer will suss out your collection time, so there is the slight chance you might get your 24-hour production plundered. But in the remote case that happens, all one need do is alter the collection time slightly.

Now some might object to doing 24-hour productions because they're thinking of how much more they'd get doing three 8-hour productions, but thinking like this is a trap, and it is this kind of thinking that causes the largest amount of plundering. Work, school, sleep - None of them will always be fitting into tidy packages of 8 hours, and setting three 8-hour productions every day is really making oneself a slave to the game. Far better knowing there's only one time per day that you've got to be on to collect. Such freedom in this option!

Take it from the plunderers - Ruby, myself...who are doing all we can to teach the plundered how to avoid being plundered, (short of not plundering), 24-hour production is the way to go. It's all I use when I've got goods buildings.

DeletedUser17558

Ditto what Glarg said. I have had the 24 hour housing since they were available. I actually felt more freedom to play the game when I wasn't trying to keep all my stuff on such a rigid schedule. Not to mention that even if you collect immediately every day, there is still the inevitable crawl later and later. Once every 3-4 weeks I have to not collect overnight so I can start over the next morning. Small PITA compared to doing collections every 8 hours.

DeletedUser23706

I take offense to your statement.

...and yet most that complain fail to follow even the most basic instructions given by other players on how to avoid being plundered....

Like using and undetectable auto bot collector when jammed into a neighborhood with players FOUR AGES beyond your own.....

- - - Updated - - -

Patrick,

Best of luck

All decent techniques. But it doesn't address that this particular game design has no bounds checking on a lot of the game mechanics. It's like runaway compounding interest rates. Players should have reasonable neighborhood alignments. It's seriously flawed out of balance design flaw. Fortunately there are proposals being taken seriously on this on the developer's blog and their new social media input presences...

DeletedUser

On a related note, I recently started playing in Cirgard. I started out with 84 members in my 'hood. I now have 13. It is a good thing I have lots of friends and guildmates to aid me. I am not sure if this is a bug, a glitch or what.

DeletedUser11463

No I wouldn't want the top 85, then the next 85, etc. Then you are stuck in the same hood just about forever and woe to you if you are number 85. However, I've been playing for just about 2 years now and the last 4-5 months the hoods have been very stagnant with about 70-75 of the same members every month. How about mixing them up a bit especially on well established worlds such as "F" where there are thousands of players. It has gotten boring playing against the same players month after month. Attacking the same players and getting attacked by the same players. Let's mix up those hoods a little more.

DeletedUser10517

No I wouldn't want the top 85, then the next 85, etc. Then you are stuck in the same hood just about forever and woe to you if you are number 85. However, I've been playing for just about 2 years now and the last 4-5 months the hoods have been very stagnant with about 70-75 of the same members every month. How about mixing them up a bit especially on well established worlds such as "F" where there are thousands of players. It has gotten boring playing against the same players month after month. Attacking the same players and getting attacked by the same players. Let's mix up those hoods a little more.
If you change the way you play a bit, the hood will change.

Lay off fighting for a couple of weeks, the hood will change.
Fight much more, and the hood will change.

Change it up a bit.........

DeletedUser17462

If you change the way you play a bit, the hood will change.

Lay off fighting for a couple of weeks, the hood will change.
Fight much more, and the hood will change.

Change it up a bit.........
Never known the level of fighting to affect hood changes.