• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Eras to park for a while

MJ Artisan of War

Most games reward players for rapid advancement through levels/sections/ages... In many ways FoE punishes You for advancing too fast. Unless You read the forums and do some online research it is very easy to move up too far too fast.
Lucky for me i read & studied & decided to take my time and develop a strong city era by era. So far i have "sprinted" all the way to IA.... but i am really enjoying the game play & city growth.

ffblackice

My major reason to up era is, I want to experience all the ages in this game ASAP, so that I can start a new city and stay on the era I like.
fight in Modern and Postmodern are very fun, with MG Team and Anti-Aircraft Vehicle, especially MG team, and in Future with Hover Tank, but in AF is no fun at all, I need to switch lead unit with rogue troops almost every fight. otherwise I will get big hit.
I think I will stay in Modem if I start a new city.

ffblackice

Just tried to put down the time line for reference.
Up to AF: Dec 31 2020, with no SC built.
Up to OF: Feb 12 2021, SC is around lvl 25
Up to VF: Apr 10 2021, SC is lvl 65.
have extra 5000+ Promethium but extremely short with Orichalcum. I think I will reach Space Age Mars in 15 days.

r21r

If thats attrition.
i think, that HMA is better on lower attrition than iron, because attack scales better and single shot comes with less attack, but never tried multi 3x3 trebuchet camps vs balista camps (as whats better) i think that with HMA you will have bigger total stock of artillery(daily), but iron you regain troops faster.
HMA must be better when on 0 attrition in less replacment needed means, will check it out these 2 weeks

edit - in the HMA, artillery comes 1st in the troops list so it is an advantage in fast fighting means.
in Iron, you have to scroll to find artillery (or produce only attached so you have them 1st all the time)

Last edited:

Just An Observer

EMA looks better with the RQ limits now in place. It is the lowest era that has the AD available too. With SAV coming out on the 15th of April, those of us who already bought all the Medals expansion can plop one more down for 1.25 million Medals based on what I have read earlier.

RazorbackPirate

I had 2 cities camped, one in HMA, one in LMA. My recommendation is to camp in LMA once you've opened the second RQ slot. Having the second slot makes RQs more productive. Side by side, my LMA city always completed more RQs. If you're going to camp to build and level GBs, LMA is a great age to do it.

Dominator - X

medals aren't easy to get
I completely disagree with that statement. I have a secondary city in EMA where I spend very little time on. Medals are not hard to come by. The problem for you is, your Arc. It is way too low. You claim to produce 150 FP/day and you only have a level 16 Arc? Mine is now in the 70s and I produce under 100 FP/day. You would do well to focus on getting your Arc to 80 as fast as you can and not be concerned about aging up at this point. The rest of the game will speed up for you once you raise your Arc.

Edit: I just noticed this is an old thread that had some recent comments which pushed it to the top of the "What's new" list. So, there is that. ;~}

Last edited:

67Sage101

There should be a an inactive server that houses ancient communities of non-players as determined by lack of login. If they log into their account , they can select to return to their original settlement.

67Sage101

You claim to produce 150 FP/day and you only have a level 16 Arc? Mine is now in the 70s and I produce under 100 FP/day.

Just reacting to that statement. I have a level 22 arc and I make between 150 and 190 FP per day. But not from the ARC. From event buildings, etc. I make sure to max level every event building and if I can get lots of FP producing stuff. Lately I've been focusing on more attack / defense boosts which is usually presented as a tradeoff for FP on most event buildings. Examples...Terracotta Vineyard - 32FP per day. Druid Temple 25 on some days. Harvest Barn - 12. Suishun Mill - 11. Governors Villa - 8.