• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Exchanging event buildings in Antique Dealer

How long will I have to hold event buildings and event building upgrades before I can exchange them in the antique dealer? Or better yet, can I exchange these buildings?

The Lady Redneck

You can sell what you want when you want. Just take care not to sell something you may need later. For instance in this new Halloween Event there are upgrades for the House of Wolf. I have one in my inventory that needs 2 upgrades to complete. I have held onto it since last year as I want another one in my city. However I had not interest in building the main Event building from the previous event so they went into the AD as soon as I got them.

Johnny B. Goode

How long will I have to hold event buildings and event building upgrades before I can exchange them in the antique dealer? Or better yet, can I exchange these buildings?
@The Lady Redneck is correct. However, to sell event buildings that you win, you will usually have to unlock them first. To do that, go to your inventory (main page, not the buildings tab) and click the box next to the lock icon. Then unlock any buildings you want to sell. You would be wise to also lock any buildings, boosts, rushes, etc. that you do not want to sell, as that will make it easier when you are in the Antiques Dealer choosing what to sell. Only unlocked items will show up as available to sell.

Johnny B. Goode

I’ve never known that about the inventory. How would you access your inventory without going through the build tab? (I’m on iPad)
My comments were about the browser (PC) version. On my tablet/phone, I see that there are not tabs like on PC, but rather checkboxes for filtering what you see. And it appears that the lock box shows even if you filter for just buildings. I access inventory on tablet/phone through the "Inventory" button on the left row of buttons on the screen bottom.

My comments were about the browser (PC) version. On my tablet/phone, I see that there are not tabs like on PC, but rather checkboxes for filtering what you see. And it appears that the lock box shows even if you filter for just buildings. I access inventory on tablet/phone through the "Inventory" button on the left row of buttons on the screen bottom.

yeah, maybe it’s only available to do what you described online or certain versions. on iPad I only have the one method of viewing the inventory screen and no way (that I’ve seen so far) to actually unlock event buildings.

OMG, forget my last comment! I just happened to be in my inventory, staring at it so frustrated.. then I happened to notice a bar at the top just under the inventory and stock button. The default has the first to boxes checked and then you can look at just locked item by checking the last box. Mind blown as I was able to then uncheck my locked items.. Turns out I’ve just always over looked that little bar.. ‍♀️ And you can check an uncheck anything you want. I’ve attached photos for anyone else that may have just NEVER noticed the bar.. like me..

Attachments

• 2755C261-B63D-4A4B-99C3-F0BB87BF500B.jpeg
    2755C261-B63D-4A4B-99C3-F0BB87BF500B.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 58611919-D1F6-404C-9729-1BA34940119A.jpeg
    58611919-D1F6-404C-9729-1BA34940119A.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 10

GeniePower

That looks the same as on PC, you have to click the padlock on top, then you can set the switches on the individual items. Worst UI design I've ever seen, you won't believe how often I've already had to explain this to people

Johnny B. Goode

Worst UI design I've ever seen, you won't believe how often I've already had to explain this to people
That's not a reflection on the UI design, which is perfectly fine. It's a reflection on the people you've had to explain it to. Hang around the Forum for a while and you will find that the simplest game mechanics have to be explained to over half of the people playing.

GeniePower

That's not a reflection on the UI design, which is perfectly fine. It's a reflection on the people you've had to explain it to. Hang around the Forum for a while and you will find that the simplest game mechanics have to be explained to over half of the people playing.
I disagree. It makes no sense to set a checkbox to enable setting checkboxes. I found it myself because I keep up with changelogs and knew I had to figure out how to unlock items that would then be default locked. That's another impossible to explain thing: the choice of which items are default locked (90% the ones I want to sell) and those that are default unlocked (80% those I do NOT want to sell). Completely random and therefor ununderstandable for many people.
And I've been around longer than you might think :) We even used to be guildies on Uceria

Johnny B. Goode

It makes no sense to set a checkbox to enable setting checkboxes.
Sure it does. Especially with the players this game has. Accidentally selling stuff all over the place. Just ask any in-game support person. You have no idea how many players would be "accidentally" unlocking stuff and then inadvertently selling it in the AD without the current system. And to anyone with half a brain, the mechanics of it are obvious.
That's another impossible to explain thing: the choice of which items are default locked (90% the ones I want to sell) and those that are default unlocked (80% those I do NOT want to sell). Completely random and therefor ununderstandable for many people.
Not completely random, just not posted anywhere that I am aware of. It does seem to follow a pattern to me, I just haven't cared enough to pin down what the pattern is exactly.
And I've been around longer than you might think :) We even used to be guildies on Uceria
My comment was about being around the Forum, not just being around in-game. (And it's been a while since I was in a guild on Uceria, I don't even have a city on that world anymore.)