• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Expand Friends List to 100

• Thread starter DeletedUser35473
  • Start date

DeletedUser40403

Everyone gets the same possible number of friends, that wouldn't change with this proposal. And you can get all the friends you want, you just have to work at it a tiny bit harder with the current system. And that's not a bad thing. If I wanted to have the full 140 friends, I could do it without too much trouble. Maybe that's the original intent of the 80 invite limit, to make even this part of the game a little bit of a challenge. As many people have stated on many different threads, if you take out the challenges what fun would it be to play the game?
You state here that the maximum number of friends is 140 with 80 possible invites. I always believed this to be the case. However I just got my 141st friend on the Fel Sever. Is that a bug or have they raised the limit?

DeletedUser37581

You state here that the maximum number of friends is 140 with 80 possible invites. I always believed this to be the case. However I just got my 141st friend on the Fel Sever. Is that a bug or have they raised the limit?
1) 140 does not include yourself. Including yourself, there can be 141 people in your friend's list.
2) People that you have invited to the game do not count toward the 140 total.

DeletedUser37581

@dontwannaname: I'm confused by this statement. I thought 140 was the limit, and it makes no difference who invited who. I think I know what you were trying to say here, but I think it came out wrong?
When you click on the Find Friends button, it brings up a window with three tabs. The first tab is Invite Player. This allows you to invite people you know (e.g. your real life friends) to join you in playing the game. It has nothing to do with inviting people who are already playing the game to be your friend.

The people whom you invite to the game do not count toward the 140 friends limit.

Vger

When you click on the Find Friends button, it brings up a window with three tabs. The first tab is Invite Player. This allows you to invite people you know (e.g. your real life friends) to join you in playing the game. It has nothing to do with inviting people who are already playing the game to be your friend.

The people whom you invite to the game do not count toward the 140 friends limit.
TY. If I might have clicked on that tab before, but anything with a FB icon tends to make me run away. I don't do 'social media'.

Are you saying there is no upper bound on how many friends you can have? I just need to find real life friends ?

DeletedUser37581

Are you saying there is no upper bound on how many friends you can have? I just need to find real life friends ?
Even better, you get diamonds. The higher up they age, the more diamonds you get. And you get the diamonds even if you remove them from your friends list.

DeletedUser37581

You sure you keep diamond income if removing them as a friend?
From the fan wiki:
Players receive diamonds when they invite other people to play the game. To do that players much share their invitation link. Note that the invited player must use that link to register an account and must play in the same world as the one who invited. Players can delete invited players from the friends list and still receive diamonds. For each new player the one who invited is rewarded diamonds when the new player reaches certain ages. The rewards are following:

DeletedUser28147

I am one of the original FoE players and I have from time to time requested expanding the friends list from 80 to 100. I'm back asking again.

Why on earth should anyone object to having 20 more friend requests? Why hasn't Inno done this yet?

Our game is about forge points and friends. Time to make it more awesome, Inno! My friends and I are tired of waiting. LOL
So I went through and read this entire thing and I just have 2 questions. You say that almost all the people on your friends list cooperate with you, which I take as aiding and tavern sitting daily, which means probably everything in your city is getting aided.
Do you really think adding 20 more friends would make that much of a difference to your game play?
Do you really Need 20 more friends?
I'm not asking about anyone else except you. I know you're also asking for friends but I want to know the answers for you as an individual.

*Arturis*

Why don’t we be able to send friend request up to 140 friends?
It is crazy when I want to add someone, I have to let go of 60 friends to send a friend request!

Salsuero

Why don’t we be able to send friend request up to 140 friends?
It is crazy when I want to add someone, I have to let go of 60 friends to send a friend request!

You know exactly why and you're better than to ask. This would favor the established players in the game to the detriment of young and/or new (or otherwise "unworthy") players. If you have the ability to choose all of your friends, you'd certainly reject all players you don't see as "worthy" of your friendship. As it works now, you must consider allowing people you might not have chosen for yourself simply to get more friends because the ones you prefer can't invite you and/or vice versa. It's quite fair and reasonable because young/new/weaker players are able to gain friends in ages they probably would never have access to if those players were exclusively friends with each other alone.

Lannister the Rich

You know exactly why and you're better than to ask. This would favor the established players in the game to the detriment of young and/or new (or otherwise "unworthy") players. If you have the ability to choose all of your friends, you'd certainly reject all players you don't see as "worthy" of your friendship. As it works now, you must consider allowing people you might not have chosen for yourself simply to get more friends because the ones you prefer can't invite you and/or vice versa. It's quite fair and reasonable because young/new/weaker players are able to gain friends in ages they probably would never have access to if those players were exclusively friends with each other alone.
I agree with this, but what I don’t agree with is having to disband 60 friendships to establish 1. We should be given 80 invites. Though sadly, if we simply have more than 80 friends, we have to reduce our numbers (whatever that may be, even from 140) to 79, just to add one person. The wording on the message says “you have invited more than 80 friends.” implying that if you remove a person that you know you, yourself, added that you would be able to add one more. But that is not the case. I’ve submitted a ticket to support about this weeks ago but they have not gotten back to me on it.

Volodya

I recently learned the hard way that even pending friend requests count against the 80 (really only 79, since you appear on your own friends list.), even though neither you nor they receive any of the benefits of friendship. I reduced my list drastically in order to send a single request. This involved cutting perfectly good, active friends, as long as I knew they had requests left and would send me one in due course. I told them to send one right away so I wouldn't have to pester them later, planning to accept once the other thing was taken care of. A number of them did just that.

I was astonished to discover that those requests counted against my total. I had to decline these requests, even though I had solicited them. This was embarrassing, although most people affected took it with good humor. This is one of the only times, maybe the only time, I was genuinely furious at Inno management. I still am. This mechanic of requests counting against the total is spelled out absolutely nowhere. I did everything precisely according to the published rules; all I wanted was for Inno to play by their own published rules as well. This is a reasonable expectation. In-game support pretended to be sympathetic, but whined that they lacked "super powers." They refused to even try to contact someone at Inno who did have the authority to correct this. Worthless.

I'm still not happy about this. I've been a loyal player for five years or so. While I'm far from a "whale," I have spent several thousand dollars over the years. That's over; I'll still play, but I've removed my credit card info from Inno's files. It won't be going back.

Darth Mole

Personally I find 80 invites to be just fine.
Think about it - if they raised it to 100 that would become the new norm. In a month or two there would be calls to raise to 120 then that too would become normal etc etc.

I hover my friends list at or around 80. That way if I need to add someone to trade goods for example the process is easy.
Keep your friends active and get rid of surplus and I would be surprised if anyone really needs many more than this.