• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Expand Friends List to 100

• Thread starter DeletedUser35473
  • Start date

barra370804

Personally I find 80 invites to be just fine.
Think about it - if they raised it to 100 that would become the new norm. In a month or two there would be calls to raise to 120 then that too would become normal etc etc.

I hover my friends list at or around 80. That way if I need to add someone to trade goods for example the process is easy.
Keep your friends active and get rid of surplus
I agree with this for sure.
EDIT:
I would be surprised if anyone really needs many more than this.
This thread is really not about what people need, but what they want. None of this is necessary to the game.

Volodya

Think about it - if they raised it to 100 that would become the new norm. In a month or two there would be calls to raise to 120 then that too would become normal etc etc.

I hover my friends list at or around 80. That way if I need to add someone to trade goods for example the process is easy.
Keep your friends active and get rid of surplus and I would be surprised if anyone really needs many more than this.
You'll need more as your city expands. I average forty pages of "social interactions" and it isn't always enough to get every SoK motivated.

DeletedUser37581

Keep your friends active and get rid of surplus and I would be surprised if anyone really needs many more than this.
I also agree that 80 friends works out well. A part of this game is about managing resources, and the number of aids I get on daily average is one of those resources. I have several SoKs that generally don't get aided unless I'm in a really good neighborhood. It doesn't bother me at all that not everything gets aided every day. It is always possible to balance the city according to the resources available. Not enough aids? Store some SoKs and plant some Terrace Farms (or something). Personally, I don't use aiding or tavern sits as criteria for pruning my friend's list.

Agent327

You'll need more as your city expands. I average forty pages of "social interactions" and it isn't always enough to get every SoK motivated.

That means you have to many SoK's. Make choices on what is available. Don't make bad choices and demand the game to be adjusted to those.

Volodya

That means you have to many SoK's. Make choices on what is available. Don't make bad choices and demand the game to be adjusted to those.
Um... please show me what "demand" I made in this post. I cordially disagreed with a comment asserting that 80 friends TOTAL was sufficient. I stand by that point. (I also emphatically stand by the point I made in a different post in this thread [#99]. There, I am indeed trying to "change" the game; change it so that its mechanics match its own published rules and definitions.)

Reading is your friend... or it would be, anyway, were you to try it, rather than reflexively blathering in pointless disagreement.

Last edited:

Salsuero

We should be given 80 invites.

I agree. For whatever reason, Inno doesn't track who we invite vs. who invited us. My GUESS is that this would be difficult to manage and display without some sort of coding overhaul.

Though sadly, if we simply have more than 80 friends, we have to reduce our numbers (whatever that may be, even from 140) to 79, just to add one person.

I only needed to reduce my list down to 80 because I don't count, even though I'm numbered in the list. However, I made the youthful mistake of adding people willy-nilly when I first started and eventually realized the power and worth of being able to invite, so I made a painful decision and deleted roughly 40 friends to get back down around 80. I've stayed there ever since.

The wording on the message says “you have invited more than 80 friends.” implying that if you remove a person that you know you, yourself, added that you would be able to add one more. But that is not the case.

While I agree, one could argue that you only get 80 invites TOTAL -- ever -- as the wording is unclear about that as well. Just because you get 80 invites, doesn't mean they give them back once used. Of course, that's not what they mean... but one could argue that it is given the wording, so my point is -- the wording can be interpreted and reinterpreted... but we all know how it works. Playing the game means learning the game.

I recently learned the hard way that even pending friend requests count against the 80 (really only 79, since you appear on your own friends list.)

This isn't accurate. I can add up to 81 before I get cut off. You don't count in your own list against this limit.

While I'm far from a "whale," I have spent several thousand dollars over the years.

Yikes! :eek::confused: That's NOT a whale?!?!

I agree, although our guild is small at the moment, so sometimes getting aided fully before collecting can be frustrating. I have LOTS of self-aid kits, though... but still prefer motivation the old-fashioned way.

That's just one of the many parts of how this game works. You have to manage how you get them motivated. You decide how many friends to have. Eventually, you've grown to a point where you need more of them and have to decide if giving up your invite power is worth that extra aid. It's all in playing the game.

Volodya

Yikes! :eek::confused: That's NOT a whale?!?!
You need to get out more if you think that's a lot.

I sometimes spend enough to get a second example of an event prize (well, I used to anyway; no more, but that's a different discussion). There are players out there with, for instance, 10 or 20 ships or Cherry Blossom sets. I've been playing five years, more or less. "Several thousand dollars" total amounts to two or three dollars a day, a lot less than the cost of the cheapest latte. That's a minnow by FoE standards.

Last edited:

Salsuero

You need to get out more if you think that's a lot.

Why would getting out more change my perception of what "a lot" is to spend on an internet game? I think I spent $20 when I first started almost 3 years ago. I feel like that was a lot... to me... for this game. Diff'rent Strokes!