• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

expansions

Vonderbach

how can i maximize expansions without buying diamonds

Sorry our resident moderator has largely ignored the intent of your question. Diamonds only serve to shortcut the existing mechanics. Expansions are made available in two ways, either through earning medals (found in incidents around your city periodically or as rewards or production from certain buildings) or via the continent map where you can either negotiate or battle neighboring provinces for reward expansions (among other rewards like supply deposits and treasure). I just started back and I'm already in High Middle Ages, but it took me roughly 5-6 weeks.

Algona

Diamonds only serve to shortcut the existing mechanics.

Generally yes, but in the case of Expansions, there are Expansions that are only available using Diamonds.

That's not a major problem, freerollers (I'm one) can earn the Diamonds through various game play mechanics.

I've unlocked every Diamond Expansion in an FE, CE, and ColA city and never spent any money on the game.

Expansions are made available in two ways

Nope. In addition to Victory (Medals) and Campaign Map Expansions there are two other ways to get Expansions.

As mentioned above, there are Diamond only Expansions, two per Era through The Future, variable thereafter.

Expansions are also available through the Tech Tree.

Read about Expansions here:

Agent327

Expansions are made available in two ways, either through earning medals (found in incidents around your city periodically or as rewards or production from certain buildings) or via the continent map where you can either negotiate or battle neighboring provinces for reward expansions (among other rewards like supply deposits and treasure). I just started back and I'm already in High Middle Ages, but it took me roughly 5-6 weeks.

Expansions are made available in 3 ways, not 2.

Reward expansions you can get from researching certain techs or conquering certain provinces.
Victory wexpansions you can buy with medals.
Premium expansions you can buy with diamonds.

Since diamonds are not an option, the short answer is diamonds and moving on in the game.

wontn23

You can get diamonds in GE without buying them and then when you accumulate enough diamonds you can use them to unlock expansions. That is technically not buying diamonds but earning them like medals.