• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Expedition 100/20 forge point wins in inventory not bar

• Thread starter DeletedUser26549
  • Start date

DeletedUser26549

I am hoping this thread isn't already presented, I looked for it and couldn't find one.

I am proposing that when we are playing Guild Expeditions and we win 100 or 20 forge points, that they are placed in our inventory in the form of fp packages. As it is now, they go straight to our bar, and we feel we need to use them right away.

It would be nice to have them in maybe 20, or 4x25 packages in our inventory.
Just an idea :)

DeletedUser26965

Sure would be nice and I would vote yes but doubt it will ever happen as they are changing the way fp's from GE are now from packs to the bar so:mad: Betting they'll do the same in the future with quests and gb's:eek: Guess inno no likey people saving thousands of fp:rolleyes:

wolfhoundtoo

this came up when GE was 1st implemented and it seems likely that Inno thinks that the forge bar is the best way to reward them. I don't agree but doesn't seem likely that they'll change it.

Also formal proposals need to be in a certain format which is explained in sticky in this forum. Otherwise I'm sure a mod will be along (Jaelis has it a link to the format in his signature) to request you place it in the right format or it will be moved to forge hall for discussion.

DeletedUser26549

Sure would be nice and I would vote yes but doubt it will ever happen as they are changing the way fp's from GE are now from packs to the bar so:mad: Betting they'll do the same in the future with quests and gb's:eek: Guess inno no likey people saving thousands of fp:rolleyes:
Darn!

DeletedUser26549

this came up when GE was 1st implemented and it seems likely that Inno thinks that the forge bar is the best way to reward them. I don't agree but doesn't seem likely that they'll change it.

Also formal proposals need to be in a certain format which is explained in sticky in this forum. Otherwise I'm sure a mod will be along (Jaelis has it a link to the format in his signature) to request you place it in the right format or it will be moved to forge hall for discussion.
Thank you. I am still learning how to do all the 'formalities'. I am thinking it was already considered in the past though. I don't think it will happen.

DeletedUser13838

In fact it appears inno is going the other way by making more rewards go to the fp bar rather than packages.

DeletedUser8152

I am hoping this thread isn't already presented, I looked for it and couldn't find one.

I am proposing that when we are playing Guild Expeditions and we win 100 or 20 forge points, that they are placed in our inventory in the form of fp packages. As it is now, they go straight to our bar, and we feel we need to use them right away.

It would be nice to have them in maybe 20, or 4x25 packages in our inventory.
Just an idea :)
As noted, we need proposals to use a standard format. The link in my signature has details, or you can check some submitted proposals for examples. For now I'll go ahead and move this to Forge Hall.

On the topic, the question to me is, is it better for the game to get packs, or have them on the bar and need to spend immediately. Obviously it's convenient for the individual player to get packs. But there are some downsides to that as well; I could see why the devs might want to keep people moving through the game rather than sitting and piling up banked resources. At any rate, I think it is an interesting question.

DeletedUser27889

Beta Spoiler!

Treasure hunt FPs will be going to the bar as well as everything from GE.

I actually liked the 100FP to the bar it felt like winning the lottery and having a hole burning through your pocket you just had to spend them all.

Everything else going to the bar... Not so much.

DeletedUser26549

As noted, we need proposals to use a standard format. The link in my signature has details, or you can check some submitted proposals for examples. For now I'll go ahead and move this to Forge Hall.

On the topic, the question to me is, is it better for the game to get packs, or have them on the bar and need to spend immediately. Obviously it's convenient for the individual player to get packs. But there are some downsides to that as well; I could see why the devs might want to keep people moving through the game rather than sitting and piling up banked resources. At any rate, I think it is an interesting question.
Thank you :)

BruteForceAttack

Inno doesnt really want ppl to hold on to fps....next will be fps you get from chateau to bar..lol...and finally what you get from gb rewards...

Algona

I still get a smile when I see the treasure hunt 2 FP reward. Despite having 1500+ FP in inventory. Gonna miss that sucker. Maybe a bone thrown to the mobiles who don't get Treasure Hunt?

DeletedUser26965

...On the topic, the question to me is, is it better for the game to get packs, or have them on the bar and need to spend immediately. Obviously it's convenient for the individual player to get packs. But there are some downsides to that as well...
What's the downside?

DeletedUser26549

Nope just requesting fps from ge wins go to fp packages in our inventory. I am seeing a lot of players don't like that. so, question answered :)

Jase249

I absolutely support the idea (I hate having them put on the bar rather than going into inventory), but Inno is actually going the other way now. FP packages from GE are going to the bar now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to phase out all FP packages.

DeletedUser26965

WoW I'm like psychic or something lol
  • We replaced Forge Point Packages with direct Forge Points in Treasure Hunt and in Premium Packages.
Full Changelog 1.94 [Reference]

DeletedUser26154

On the topic, the question to me is, is it better for the game to get packs, or have them on the bar and need to spend immediately.

As far as the good of the game, meaning profits and staying alive, like any business out there?
Having Forge Points go directly to the bar is better.

Progression makes people play, and forge points in the bar encourages progression.
People who sit?
Tend to quit.
We'll have a few, rare, vocal forum dwellers who live long and prosper in one era for long periods of time.

But overall?
People get bored sitting around in the same era for months... then leave.
Keep things moving, keep things alive.
What grows and evolves is what lives.
Graveyards are stagnant.

images.jpg

For players who like to snipe top contributor placement in other people's G.B.s?
Forge Point Packs are better.

DeletedUser26965

I'm confused on that one, what does it mean? That they are going to put the fps that we win from GE like 100/20 fps to the inventory instead of the bar?

Okay, let's set the stage. There was a time when all the fp's we got went to the bank/packs aside from the ones you get per hour and collect from buildings. Then ToR came out and the fp's from the relics went to the bar, people were not happy about that but what this did was begin the trend to remove packs from the game which seems to be the direction the game is going though we didn't know that then. Then came some changes to GE and the packs we get from encounter rewards will now go to the bar. After that I made a prediction like you see here. I said packs from quests and great buildings will go to the bar, I could have said Treasure Hunt as well but it doesn't really matter, what matters is I knew they were going to continue making the packs we get from whatever source into placing them in the bar instead. A day after my prediction they come out with the update that forge points from Treasure Hunt and Premium Packs will now go to the bar. All that's left is packs from quests and gb's.

My prediction now is quest packs will be the next to go. Then finally gb's packs will be partially gone unless they up the bar limit at the same time. So right now it's a 99 fp limit for the bar, if you get over that from a single gb win you'll get 99 to the bar and the rest in the bank until they up the bar limit.

DeletedUser25273

The bar CAN hold more than 100 FP right now. If you get the 100 FP Relic and have points on the bar, you will end up over 100. What happens is that now you can not collect any more FP (like by buying FP or opening an FP pack), sort of like what used to happen at 10.

If they want to get rid of FP packs, they can just direct all FP rewards to the Bar. What will happen is that when a GB you get a reward from levels, your bar, the notice will pop up, and your bar will increase, and possibly go above the 10 FP point, and your hourly FP will pause, and you will want to rapidly find a place to invest them. (GBs will be a likely destination for them, or the tech tree).

Maybe even when this gets implemented, people will find suddenly all their packs have been redeemed and they bar is astronomically full