• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Expedition lvl 5

Mor-Rioghain

I am also reserving judement on it until I actually play it a few times myself. I know one thing - I'm watching a lot of people who are normally very level-headed and generally unflappable go more than a little bonkers over having ditched their city's A/D to answer the more pressing need of unit A/D-ATTk-D in recent years and are now dropping in SBC's and even, good grief, DC's all over the place! lol It's honestly crazy to me as these aren't just level-headed players but ones who've literally been playing for 5, 6, or even 10 years! It's like some kind of madness has spread throughout the FoE community! (I know one thing, I've already blown up my SBC's and one DC that I erroneously and embarrassingly dropped in only one city some time back and I'm NEVER going to build them again!) LOL I'll hope that whatever those new little buildings are will do the trick or I may just find myself negotiationg Level 5, as much as that pains me, because I refuse to take up precious city space for .... all that madness! >_<

xivarmy

I am also reserving judement on it until I actually play it a few times myself. I know one thing - I'm watching a lot of people who are normally very level-headed and generally unflappable go more than a little bonkers over having ditched their city's A/D to answer the more pressing need of unit A/D-ATTk-D in recent years and are now dropping in SBC's and even, good grief, DC's all over the place! lol It's honestly crazy to me as these aren't just level-headed players but ones who've literally been playing for 5, 6, or even 10 years! It's like some kind of madness has spread throughout the FoE community! (I know one thing, I've already blown up my SBC's and one DC that I erroneously and embarrassingly dropped in only one city some time back and I'm NEVER going to build them again!) LOL I'll hope that whatever those new little buildings are will do the trick or I may just find myself negotiationg Level 5, as much as that pains me, because I refuse to take up precious city space for .... all that madness! >_<
I agree it's an overreaction for those who are getting ready early.

If the current balance stays the same, you're going to need a lot more than GBs to meet the target; should at least have an idea where the rest is coming from before slotting in a SBC. (in high era cities I'm strongly leaning towards just-negotiate ; particularly space ages with a colony to feed you a good chunk of the goods).

And perhaps by the point where you know where the rest is coming from you'll decide SBC isn't even worth it. still. or perhaps you'll decide it is worth it because it'll take a while to get even more of what you need. Point is I think it's prudent to wait until you know it'll be a difference-maker for what you want to do. Because ultimately this is still just 1 feature - with a goods-bypass option.