• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Explaining Unrefined Goods

DeletedUser26154

Once you reach Modern Era and beyond things change.
In order to produce current goods you need to have additional, earlier era goods added.
Those early era goods are called Unrefined Goods.

For example in Modern Era, you need Colonial Age goods to make Modern Era goods.
On top of coins and supplies.
Those Colonial goods are referred to as "unrefined goods".
There is no special category for unrefined goods.
Unrefined goods means "what ever earlier-era goods you need to make your current goods".

In Modern Era, unrefined goods are Colonial age.
Postmodern Era, unrefined are Industrial Age.
Contemporary Era uses Progressive era for unrefined goods, etc.
Tomorrow Era uses Modern Era... so your unrefined goods require goods that needed unrefined goods to create.

What age or era is three ages or eras behind your current age, is "unrefined goods age".

unrefined illustration.png

This is when your goods-producing Great Buildings really start to work.
Great Buildings are the source of your unrefined goods.
It's necessary to have many great buildings that produce unrefined goods in Tomorrow Era.

And that's how unrefined goods work and what they mean.

*Done Editing*
If someone has more to add or to clarify, please do so below.
I'm still learning this stuff myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28145

As one who just started about 3 weeks ago, I would like to thank all of you - those that answer questions here, no matter now dumb, and those that have put together info like the above - for the time you have put towards these actions.

Tks to all - jb

DeletedUser26965

DeletedUser26965

E2joCz1.jpg

DeletedUser26154

Update here.
Showing a diagram.
Follow the Colors.
The path of goods from Colonial Age, to Modern Era, to Tomorrow Era.
Modern Era uses Colonial for Unrefined Goods.
Tomorrow Era uses Modern Era for Unrefined goods.

Colonial Age.
colonial age goods.png

Modern Era.
Modern era.png

Tomorrow Era.
tomorrow era.png

Coffee > Convenience Food > Nutrition Research.
Paper > Packaging > Papercrete.
Porcelain > Luxury Materials > Smart Materials.

And the nature of the goods follow a relationship.

Kevin714

In order to produce current goods you need to have additional, earlier era goods added.

For example in Modern Era, you need Colonial Age goods to make Modern Era goods.
Unrefined goods means "what ever earlier-era goods you need to make your current goods".

Tomorrow Era uses Modern Era... so your unrefined goods require goods that needed unrefined goods to create.

What age or era is three ages or eras behind your current age, is "unrefined goods age".

View attachment 2410

It's necessary to have many great buildings that produce unrefined goods in Tomorrow Era.

*Done Editing*

First time posting here!
I don't understand these Unrefined Goods and how to get them through GBs. Is it as simple as getting "A" GB that make Unrefined Goods, and the rest is taken care of as you go through different Age/Era? Or do you have to match the GB with the Era? Somewhere in here I just don't get how to work past having to have the building that makes that good that is needed. Like I have the LNG Plant and the Explosive Factory building that goes with it.
Not sure now like the Frauenkirche of Dresden compared to getting the Rain Forest Project. Do they produce different unrefined goods? Does the GB just gives you the unrefined goods needed, or is it Era based? I'm lost! TY

DeletedUser

First time posting here!
I don't understand these Unrefined Goods and how to get them through GBs. Is it as simple as getting "A" GB that make Unrefined Goods, and the rest is taken care of as you go through different Age/Era? Or do you have to match the GB with the Era? Somewhere in here I just don't get how to work past having to have the building that makes that good that is needed. Like I have the LNG Plant and the Explosive Factory building that goes with it.
Not sure now like the Frauenkirche of Dresden compared to getting the Rain Forest Project. Do they produce different unrefined goods? Does the GB just gives you the unrefined goods needed, or is it Era based? I'm lost! TY
Any GB that you have that produces goods, produces them from a set Era based on what Era you're currently in. From Bronze Age through Progressive Era, they produce random goods from your current Era. From Modern Era on up, they produce unrefined goods from the Era that your current Era's goods buildings need. So, for example, if you're in Modern Era, all your goods producing GBs (except the ones that go into the guild Treasury) produce random goods from Colonial Era. In PostModern, they produce Industrial because that's what your goods buildings need. In Contemporary, they produce Progressive goods, and so on.

Kevin714

Thank you. I think I get it. So just go get the Rain Forest Project, and it will adjust to the Era I am in when it produces Unrefined Goods?

DeletedUser

Thank you. I think I get it. So just go get the Rain Forest Project, and it will adjust to the Era I am in when it produces Unrefined Goods?
If it works like all the other goods producing GBs, it will. And the Wiki says that it does.

DeletedUser21322

Hi guys, Do we feel this needs to be added to the forum on like an information page? More then willing to do it if we feel its needed.

DeletedUser30756

View attachment 2410

*Done Editing*

This sure confused me more than I already was.

DeletedUser26829

Hi guys, Do we feel this needs to be added to the forum on like an information page? More then willing to do it if we feel its needed.
Yes... PLEASE. Put the summary from this discussion on the Guides in the FoE Forum.
I'm in Colonial Age and starting to get interested in what to expect next..
I spent ages today looking around the Forum for information about "Modern Age" and "Modern Age Goods" and "Goods production from MA on"..
Finally, finally stumbled on this link..
That initial "unrefined/refined" helped me enormously.. The summary of which GBs are worth keeping and levelling up is important too (now wishing I hadn't deleted by ToB.. ah well)
Other information I'd like to have - as a newbie at the Refined Goods threshold:
- What's the method/mechanism I have to use to turn unrefined into refined goods?
- What quantities of each refined good do I need to produce the refined output, and what's the ratio ?
- Can I use "unrefined" goods that are in my inventory ?
- Which refined goods should I try to produce; will I have choices, are some less efficient than others?
- Should I start building the factories (hammer buildings) for the unrefined(source) materials that I anticipate I'll need?

DeletedUser31592

- What's the method/mechanism I have to use to turn unrefined into refined goods?
A goods building like you use to create unrefined goods. No difference there.

- What quantities of each refined good do I need to produce the refined output, and what's the ratio ?
Right now, when you make unrefined goods, you use x supplies and x coins. Then you begin making refined goods, the only thing that changes is that you need an unrefined good for every refined good you make. So an 8 hour production making 10 refined goods will use 10 unrefined goods.

- Can I use "unrefined" goods that are in my inventory ?
Yes.

- Which refined goods should I try to produce; will I have choices, are some less efficient than others?
Just like now, you CAN make any of them, but you will have boosted buildings which are more effective. When you go through the C-Map you will receive another unrefined boost, so you are able to make 3 of the 5 goods with a boost.

- Should I start building the factories (hammer buildings) for the unrefined(source) materials that I anticipate I'll need?
If you aged up with a low inventory and you have the space, then it isn't a bad idea. I've had to go back and make refined goods. Usually I can trade for them though.