• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Explaining Unrefined Goods

DeletedUser

- Should I start building the factories (hammer buildings) for the unrefined(source) materials that I anticipate I'll need?
It's not "hammer" buildings, it's goods buildings (from 3 ages earlier) that provide the unrefined goods you'll need. Your GBs that produce goods will be producing these unrefined goods at that point, too.
A supply building like you use to create unrefined goods. No difference there.
Not a supply building, but a goods building. There's a big difference. :)

DeletedUser31592

It's not "hammer" buildings, it's goods buildings (from 3 ages earlier) that provide the unrefined goods you'll need. Your GBs that produce goods will be producing these unrefined goods at that point, too.

Not a supply building, but a goods building. There's a big difference. :)

Thanks. I should learn not to post before I am fully awake and/or while I am working....

I didn't catch her comment about the hammer building, either.

DeletedUser33322

If unrefined goods are too confusing, just get event buildings or terrace farms which produce refined goods & keep upgrading them. :D

A56-7W

I’m curious is there any GB that is better than the others that produce unrefined goods specific to the production gb in your city? Like I currently have plastic plant that requires oil as it’s unrefined good but only the SMB have I ever noticed provide that specific good I need. The rest produce other goods that aren’t helpful as i only have several plastic plants in my city and no other production building.

Emberguard

On a pure unrefined goods basis though your two best options would probably be Rain forest and Galata Tower.

Ebeondi Asi

I cannot see any current player in a high age needing 'unrefined goods in any way. The one exception would be players racing up through the Ages as fast as possible, so they do not have (enough) Event Buildings making current Era Goods. Thse players would need (I guess?) to use the Era Goods Building to make Goods, and thus need the unrefined Goods to produce. For all others that whole system is no longer in use.
All my Goods are made by Event Buildings. (Even the Goods made 'three Era back' are now basically just junk to me)
On GT yes a lot of players leveled up GT for the Goods.

Kranyar the Mysterious

And don't forget that the Chateau Frontenac boosts the number of current era goods that recurring quests give (in addition to boosting other things too). So long as a person is willing and able to do recurring quests, the Chateau/rq's is the best method of producing goods period. And you can always trade down current era goods for earlier era goods if you still need them. Plus the Chateau can save a lot of space by getting rid of un-needed goods producing regular buildings, event buildings or great buildings, if you have any.

I'm not bringing up late space age methods of producing goods, since they don't apply to the post by @A56-7W above and would just confuse things

FriarTuck

Once you reach Modern Era and beyond things change.
In order to produce current goods you need to have additional, earlier era goods added.
Those early era goods are called Unrefined Goods.

For example in Modern Era, you need Colonial Age goods to make Modern Era goods.
On top of coins and supplies.
Those Colonial goods are referred to as "unrefined goods".
There is no special category for unrefined goods.
Unrefined goods means "what ever earlier-era goods you need to make your current goods".

In Modern Era, unrefined goods are Colonial age.
Postmodern Era, unrefined are Industrial Age.
Contemporary Era uses Progressive era for unrefined goods, etc.
Tomorrow Era uses Modern Era... so your unrefined goods require goods that needed unrefined goods to create.

What age or era is three ages or eras behind your current age, is "unrefined goods age".

This is when your goods-producing Great Buildings really start to work.
Great Buildings are the source of your unrefined gView attachment 2410oods.
It's necessary to have many great buildings that produce unrefined goods in Tomorrow Era.

And that's how unrefined goods work and what they mean.

*Done Editing*
If someone has more to add or to clarify, please do so below.
I'm still learning this stuff myself.
I must be a klutz--I have never seen anything like the image you show with the words "unrefined goods" and I'm in the future. When I have to have, say asbestos, I have to go to the trade post. Any help?

BruteForceAttack

I must be a klutz--I have never seen anything like the image you show with the words "unrefined goods" and I'm in the future. When I have to have, say asbestos, I have to go to the trade post. Any help?

The Trading Market doesn't use "unrefined goods" terminology.

Hover over LOA, FOD, SMB, TOB, TOR, RAH..etc gbs to see it yourself. (At least on PC)

You can also see it on the GB Information tab.

1628618091181.png

FriarTuck

Well, I may look like a zombie but I know I'm a klutz. I still need help. For instance, I'm in the Future (and it took me a long time to get there) and need goods such as coffee, asbestos and textiles in many of my current buildings. It seems as if I can use "unrefined goods" in place of them. HOW, PLEASE, HOW?

w

BruteForceAttack

Well, I may look like a zombie but I know I'm a klutz. I still need help. For instance, I'm in the Future (and it took me a long time to get there) and need goods such as coffee, asbestos and textiles in many of my current buildings. It seems as if I can use "unrefined goods" in place of them. HOW, PLEASE, HOW?

w

Best thing to do is not to build goods buildings below SAM age.

Other ways to get goods (none of these will require you to produce unrefined goods)
Work on your Arc and Chateau and then do recurring quests for goods.
Event buildings
HC/BG gbs
Sleigh builders
etc