• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Explaining Unrefined Goods

FriarTuck

I appreciate your polite answer. You may well be giving me good advice. But if everyone is enthusiastic about unrefined goods and buildings I already have produce them, shouldn't I know what they are and how someone might use them?

BruteForceAttack

With GBG, guild needs lots of goods, especially lower age goods (if you have lower age members). GBS that produce goods are good source of of lower age goods.

wolfhoundtoo

I appreciate your polite answer. You may well be giving me good advice. But if everyone is enthusiastic about unrefined goods and buildings I already have produce them, shouldn't I know what they are and how someone might use them?

You are over thinking it. An unrefined good is simply a good that is needed to produce another good in a goods building. I'm in Oceanic so my 'unrefined goods' to produce goods in Oceanic would be Tomorrow Era goods. In this case my GBs produce tomorrow goods every day when i collect. When I was in Arctic Future my unrefined goods that my GBs made were CE goods. Once you hit modern era you have to spend 1 good from a lower age to made one good from Modern (or higher with the lower age good going up 1 age/era as you do).

Unrefined goods are simply goods there is nothing different about them from other goods from various ages. If you don't make goods via goods buildings then the term won't have any impact on your game play.

Emberguard

It seems as if I can use "unrefined goods" in place of them. HOW, PLEASE, HOW?
If it’s asking for coffee etc, then that’s the unrefined good. Unrefined is just the goods you used to produce 3 ages below the age of the building that’s producing

How? Same way you paid with coins and supplies. Click to produce goods (in a Goods building unlocked via Research), the unrefined goods are automatically deducted from inventory as part of the cost.

But if everyone is enthusiastic about unrefined goods and buildings I already have produce them, shouldn't I know what they are and how someone might use them?
No harm in knowing :)

So in Modern Era, you’ll produce Convenience Food. That requires Coffee to produce. It’ll consume coffee from inventory every time you produce Convenience Food in a Goods building. This is done on a 1:1 ratio. So if you make 20 Convenience Food you also lose 20 Coffee

You can skip the process by using Event buildings as those produce Refined goods without consuming resources to do so

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

The Word Unrefined is just a change in a word. Unrefined is exactly the same "stuff" as any ordinary Goods. IDENTICAL.
The word 'unrefined ' only refers to the USE of the Good.
Goods used to help later Era buildings make the Goods of the High Era (Refined) Still same Good, just a different Word referring to there intended use.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

You do not need to build goods buildings. Build and level up a St Marks Basilica. It produces the unrefined good you need for your age. You are in FE so it will produce the unrefined goods for that age. when you move up it will start to produce the unrefined goods for your new age. Emberguard has posted a list of all the GBs that produce unrefined goods. so if space is an issue there are smaller ones. I had StM and LoA but deleted LoA when I added GT.

FriarTuck

I realize this is an old thread. Well, I'm an old man and a slow klutz to boot. Let me try to understand unrefined goods one more time.
I have a building making Nanoparticals which requires steel; I have a steel mill to make that steel. The steel mill requires coke but I lack the basic resources for making it so I have to buy it often. I must be producing hundreds of "Unrefined goods" every day--at least that is what hovering over my buildings tell me.
can I use unrefined goods to get me either steel ore coke?

wolfhoundtoo

Assuming that you are in Future Era then your Great Buildings that produce goods will produce unrefined goods which should be postmodern goods (of which steel is one). That's why the number of goods your Great Buildings produce double once you hit modern era so that you would have a more steady supply of the 'unrefined goods' that you need to make your current era goods.

If you are making more goods than your great buildings can produce of the lower aged good (and it's random so you don't get to pick which good they produce on any given day) then your options are to daisy chain the manufacturers to produce what you need or to set up enough trades via your guild, hood and friends list to supply those needed goods.

As noted earlier in the thread you can bypass the need for unrefined goods by utilizing event buildings which will create goods of your age without any input of other goods. Downside of course is that the goods you receive each day are also random. See if you can't find some friends in industrial age as they are more likely to have the goods you need and you can trade down for it if you really want to make the steel directly. I'd suggest increasing the levels of the great buildings that you have that produce goods if you really want to try and speed up the making of one good in particular (more goods you get the more you'll get of that one good you want when it randomly produces that good).

FriarTuck

WOAH! I see a glimmer of understanding here. Is this statement true? A building which produces unrefined goods actually produces normal goods and picks, at random, a good from the proper era to make. That means a player can't count on getting the goods needed but, over time, will eventually get the ones needed. I hope that is the case because it is understandable. Not understandable is why INNO didn't just say the building produces a number of random goods from the older era.

Johnny B. Goode

Not understandable is why INNO didn't just say the building produces a number of random goods from the older era.
Probably because saying that the building produces unrefined goods starting in Modern Era is the same exact thing. You all are just making this too complicated...or you just don't understand simple English. The very definition of "unrefined" goods is "goods from the older era", with the older era being the specific one necessary for your current era's goods buildings.

Unrefined goods = Older era goods required to produce goods in goods buildings in Modern Era and above. Unrefined goods for each specific goods building are from the third era previous to the goods building's era.

Here's a chart for your reference:
Goods building era-Unrefined goods era
Modern-Colonial
PostModern-Industrial
Contemporary-Progressive
Tomorrow-Modern
Future-PostModern
Arctic Future-Contemporary
Oceanic Future-Tomorrow
Virtual Future-Future
Space Age Mars-Arctic Future
Space Age Asteroid Belt-Oceanic Future
Space Age Venus-Virtual Future

Tarkkus

Just get in a good guild and trade for the goods. This is why the RFP is not popular and a bit rare to find. Also, the LoA is deleted by many as well. I went from PE to FE in one season and never produced a Modern through Tomorrow age good. Trade!

Tarkkus

WOAH! I see a glimmer of understanding here. Is this statement true? A building which produces unrefined goods actually produces normal goods and picks, at random, a good from the proper era to make. That means a player can't count on getting the goods needed but, over time, will eventually get the ones needed. I hope that is the case because it is understandable. Not understandable is why INNO didn't just say the building produces a number of random goods from the older era.
Yes! they change the name of the good from earlier era to "unrefined" good. So, if you have caramel from Colonial Age you can now make Coca Cola!
If you have a cow you can make milk, if you have milk you can make ice cream!